Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

How can you backup your tablet?

Old 16-06-2013, 12:02
djleekee
Forum Member

My previous tablet went a bit strange and I could never get it working EXACTLY as it was previously setup. Everyone I kept asking to try and get it back to 'normal' said the easiest way was to create a backup when I first get a new tablet so that if something does fail you can reload the grabbed backup.

Therefore how do you create these backups and what is it backing up? I feel the posters were saying to grab the rom and associated drivers so if it did ever fail you could put the grabbed rom and drivers back on.

Is there any easy way of doing this or any other method that people recommend when getting a new tablet?

Thanks.

Lee.
djleekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 16-06-2013, 12:34
lettice
Forum Member

Would help if you told us what tablet and os version you have?
lettice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 14:07
Rodney McKay
Forum Member

My previous tablet went a bit strange and I could never get it working EXACTLY as it was previously setup. Everyone I kept asking to try and get it back to 'normal' said the easiest way was to create a backup when I first get a new tablet so that if something does fail you can reload the grabbed backup.

Therefore how do you create these backups and what is it backing up? I feel the posters were saying to grab the rom and associated drivers so if it did ever fail you could put the grabbed rom and drivers back on.

Is there any easy way of doing this or any other method that people recommend when getting a new tablet?

Thanks.

Lee.
The iPad and the Playbook both have desktop software that allows backups. For Android devices take a look on Youtube, there are several tutorials out there.
Rodney McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 19:22
djleekee
Forum Member

Its a 'generic' 7' Android tablet from a company called Allwinner but I wondered if there was any preferred method of backing up ANY Android tablet when you first get it just incase it fails later down the line!

Will have a browse on YT now!
djleekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 19:24
alan1302
Forum Member

If will vary if the tablet is rooted or not.
alan1302 is offline   Reply With Quote