Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Amelia Lily's album pushed back (again)

Old 18-06-2013, 21:08
Pumpkin Soup
Forum Member

I have just seen on iTunes that Amelia Lily's album has been taken down for pre-order and Amazon now list no release date. (It was originally scheduled for May 20th, then July 29th in case people didn't know)

This goes to show that Xenomania are absolutely useless as a record label.

I feel quite sorry for Amelia as I was quite looking forward to hearing the album and it has probably been shelved all together now
Pumpkin Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 18-06-2013, 21:15
Trucker_Rob
Forum Member

The link to pre-order it from her twitter feed now leads to nothing as well, just options to buy the singles.

I can only assume the pre-orders have bee dismal, looks like its definatly been canned.

- tim
Trucker_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 21:27
John_Lochery
Forum Member

to be honest though, I have felt really disappointed with all of Amelia's 3 singles. 'You Bring Me Joy' is the most predictable [as in sounds the same from start to finish] and boring song, 'shut up' I liked for like 3days then got bored. and 'party over' sounded like YBMJ and SU mashed into one song. when she was on x factor I thought she had really good potential and thought she could be a mix between Kelly clarkson and pink but the songs she has release so far has been boring. I honestly think her album will flop big time
John_Lochery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 21:48
Trucker_Rob
Forum Member

I honestly think her album will flop big time
Well, sale figures of 0 accross the board are pretty comprehensive.

- tim
Trucker_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 23:53
Kyle123
Forum Member

It was also initially meant to be released on my birthday - April 29. I'm starting to wonder if this will ever even see the light of day. I think Amelia had all the potential in the world, but I fear she's already missed the boat, unless she manages to pull an amazing track out of the hat.
Kyle123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 23:54
Antonio_Villela
Forum Member

they messed up her career tbh, they gave her awful songs.
this album may not see the light tbh.
Antonio_Villela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 01:25
Bjkaave
Forum Member

This is exactly the same treatment that Melanie Amaro received! (Except Melanie was a winner, so it was extremely bizarre in her case. Amelia at least got a few singles, which is more than a lot of other third placers can say).

Although, Amelia dud chart with some of her singles, unlike Melanie..
Bjkaave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 02:04
Zone_Out
Forum Member

doesn`t she have a new single out soon? or has that been cancelled too?
Zone_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 02:19
Antonio_Villela
Forum Member

This is exactly the same treatment that Melanie Amaro received! (Except Melanie was a winner, so it was extremely bizarre in her case. Amelia at least got a few singles, which is more than a lot of other third placers can say).

Although, Amelia dud chart with some of her singles, unlike Melanie..
none from US XFactor ever charted on the Hot 100 :RIP:
Antonio_Villela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 10:10
LandslideBrad
Forum Member

The album should have been released after Shut Up and then we could've have inspired her to pick a different song instead of Party Over for the third single.

Can't they just write a rock pop song instead of a dance one for her...
LandslideBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 12:06
iamstrong
Forum Member

Fans are receiving refunds for their album pre-orders. It's apparently been shelved. My condolences to Amelia's career.
iamstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 12:27
_elly001
Forum Member

Fans are receiving refunds for their album pre-orders. It's apparently been shelved. My condolences to Amelia's career.
Is that definitely true? That's really awful, poor Amelia. Horrible management of her career all round, especially after such a promising start.
_elly001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 12:32
::Adam::
Forum Member

That's such a shame - She peformed at Chester Rocks on Sunday and said about her album being out July - shes a great singer live too
::Adam:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 12:43
LandslideBrad
Forum Member

Awh no I remember when this happened to Mini Viva I hope she's just moving labels and music direction...(and i hope her album leaks since we'll never hear it any other way...)
LandslideBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 14:36
Pumpkin Soup
Forum Member

Xenomania really are a pathetic record label. They've done this to several acts, leading people on then at the last minute, shelving the album.

Let's see how they keep their bread & butter now that Girls Aloud have split. I hope they have to shut down the label side of things.
Old 19-06-2013, 14:54
21stCenturyBoy
Forum Member

She'd be we'll advised to do Eurovision next year.

Huge audience figures and she could work with Xenomania- who the BBC have been trying go get recently.
21stCenturyBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 14:57
JustArun
Forum Member

I'm so sad to hear this. She really is one of my favourite ex x-factor contestant.
JustArun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 15:48
Zone_Out
Forum Member

since when was Xenomania a label? they`re the producers aren`t they? or is that Fascination?

maybe if they produced better for her she`d have sold more don`t just blame the label side

she never really had her own musical direction / style. was all over the place was a complete mess
Zone_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 16:36
jerefprdterra
Forum Member

The sooner that she has chance to go her own way the better she will be.
jerefprdterra is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 17:17
Barry_Clarke
Forum Member

Gary Barlow did predict this, he always talked about her identity on the show
Barry_Clarke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 17:30
Pumpkin Soup
Forum Member

Huge audience figures and she could work with Xenomania- who the BBC have been trying go get recently.
Xenomania have produced every song she's released and she is (or was) signed to their record label.

since when was Xenomania a label? they`re the producers aren`t they? or is that Fascination?

maybe if they produced better for her she`d have sold more don`t just blame the label side
Xenomania are producers but they opened their own label in 2008.
Old 19-06-2013, 19:36
GlassBalloon
Forum Member

Xenomania really are a pathetic record label. They've done this to several acts, leading people on then at the last minute, shelving the album.

Let's see how they keep their bread & butter now that Girls Aloud have split. I hope they have to shut down the label side of things.
I absolutely adore Xenomania and have done for about ten years, I really think no one makes better pop than Xenomania. But as a record label, I really have to agree with this. I don't think they have had any successes on that front.

I am so, so disappointed with this news.
GlassBalloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 20:48
DUNDEEBOY
Forum Member

Not good news but I do think she will resurface doing the stuff she wants
DUNDEEBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 21:40
SpencerLevey
Inactive Member

I knew this would happen. She has sadly met the fame fate as Mini Viva. I.e she has been dropped like a brick.
SpencerLevey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 22:11
Michelle32
Forum Member

She'd be we'll advised to do Eurovision next year.

Another in a procession of acts to come bottom, or near to bottom. Cant see it doing anything as the winners single didn't do much, let alone the UK entry ...
Michelle32 is offline   Reply With Quote