Options

Digital Spy Apprentice: Task Announcement Thread!

Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
Forum Member
✭✭
The time has come to find out the first task of the series and also, the teams for this task! Let's remind ourselves of the candidates:

Amy (TheAuburnEnigma)
Carlisle (Carlisle156)
Eliza (puppylove7)
George (george.millman)
Jack (jackel1234)
Jason (KHPlus)
JumpTheQueue
Justin (jag02010)Katie (xKatieLx)
Kevin (unclekevo)
Lucas
Naruto (Narutofan100)
Niall (_NiallDEE_)
Tyjet (Tyjet)

(I'm just going to differentiate between our Davids by using their usernames, let me know if you would prefer it differently.)

Now, let's get on with things. First up, the teams you'll be working in for this task!

Comments

• Options
    NarutoFan100NarutoFan100 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excited for this!
  • Options
    jag02010jag02010 Posts: 7,347
    Forum Member
    Woo! I'm here for a few minutes, but let's see what the luck of the draw is for me. :D
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How exciting. :D
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Woop! Excited for this! :D
  • Options
    puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay!!!! :D:D
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone! :D
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So excited :D
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sooooo excited!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Team #1

Justin
    Tyjet
    JumpTheQueue
    Lucas
    Katie
    Niall
    Jason

Team #2

Carlisle
    Naruto
    Amy
    Eliza
    Jack
    Kevin
    George
  • Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening everyone :D this is the exciting bit!

EDIT: ooh ok, hello team :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ooh, interesting team lineup. Should be exciting!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello, team!

I still don't entirely understand how Adium works, but if there is anyone who hasn't added me yet, it's georgetheapprentice@hotmail.com (I don't know who has added me and who hasn't, as there doesn't seem to be a way of seeing all contacts).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really use MSN as it's been hacked. Is there any chance we can use chatzy or something? :)
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really excited for this, think Team #2 will work great together hopefully :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    puppylove7 wrote: »
    I don't really use MSN as it's been hacked. Is there any chance we can use chatzy or something? :)

I'd second that (happy to use MSN, but I do find it a bit confusing. Only installed it a few days ago, and don't really understand it. Feel a bit like Lucinda and the CDs).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And now for your task!

Our first task of the series focuses on “reinvention”. It's vital that our Apprentice candidates are able to spot something that has potential to be a money-maker and make it happen. Over the years, there have been many products that have taken to the market and failed to ignite. What I would like you all to do is to choose one of those products and make it suitable to be placed on the market again, except this time it'll be altered by you. You must specify which product you have chosen and what brand it was just before you present your pitch. The aim of this task is to demonstrate a creative touch as well as an eye for potential. We'll be judging this task based on innovation, realism and potential for real life sales.

1) Choose your product. The product must have been discontinued on or before the 31st of December 1999.

2) Create a new logo for that product.

3) Create a pitch explaining why you think this product is still relevant to today's market.

4) Suggest at least three improvements that have been made to the product and give reasons for these improvements.

5) Pick two retailers you would be selling this product to and explain why.

You have until SUNDAY at 5PM to complete this task. At that point, both pitches must be posted in your team thread. You have until 6PM to do this. The Boardroom for this task will be at 7.30PM on Sunday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lastly, once you pick a Project Manager and a Team Name please post them in this thread.
    Gav will be following Team #1 and Zak will be following Team #2.

Best of luck everyone!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Interesting task! :)

I'm online now if people want to start a chat (don't know how to start one myself). Unless we're using Chatzy like Eliza suggested.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately I've just had a message from JumpTheQueue saying they can no longer participate. Task will still continue as normal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Am I doing something wrong? I don't seem to be able to speak to any of my team. I've sent something to Zak, and got no reply...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Our team is called Team Harmonia, and our project manager is David (Carlisle).
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team #2 is now formally known as Team Harmonia and I will be the Project Manager for this task. :)
  • Options
    hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I will be tuning in to this series! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Team #1's name is Team Helios, and I will be the project manager. Best of luck to the other team!