Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Full monty restrictions

Old 24-06-2013, 21:27
Pdhiggin
Forum Member

Hi,
I've heard bits about t-mobile's full monty having a speed cap. Is that any tariff branded as full monty? How can they differentiate between that and any other tariff? Is it just after a certain amount of data used?
Thanks in advance. Answers appreciated as seen a good deal on a sim only.
Pdhiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-06-2013, 21:31
IslandNiles
Forum Member

The Full Monty tariff is speed restricted at all times. Currently the limit is 4Mb/s download (in practice, more like 5 in my experience) and 1Mb/s upload.

These restrictions weren't in place when I started my contract, so be aware that T-Mobile can change it whenever they wish.
IslandNiles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 21:33
jabbamk1
Forum Member

Full Monty (any plan with unlimited internet) has the following restrictions.

-4mbps download and 1mbps upload speed cap at all times
-Tethering not allowed
-P2P throttled between 8am and 8pm

It's a very good deal at 16pm if you're a heavy user and don't care about the speed caps or restriction on tethering.
jabbamk1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 21:35
IslandNiles
Forum Member

It's only 16 per month now? I thought I was getting a good deal at 21 per month SIM only.
Old 24-06-2013, 21:54
jabbamk1
Forum Member

It's only 16 per month now? I thought I was getting a good deal at 21 per month SIM only.
Limited time offer.

If you ring up retentions they were giving away the deal for 11pm to some existing customers recently.
Old 24-06-2013, 21:57
enapace
Forum Member

At 21 pounds a month it's not really cheap you might as well pay the 4 extra pounds and get the one plan as then you don't get capped and you get no restrictions on tethering and three uses same masts so coverage will eventually be the same.
enapace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 21:58
MTUK1
Forum Member

Full Monty (any plan with unlimited internet) has the following restrictions.

-4mbps download and 1mbps upload speed cap at all times
-Tethering not allowed
-P2P throttled between 8am and 8pm

It's a very good deal at 16pm if you're a heavy user and don't care about the speed caps or restriction on tethering.
I tether all the time and I am on Full Monty.
MTUK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 22:04
IslandNiles
Forum Member

Yeah, me too. The contract prohibits it but they don't actively block it.
Old 24-06-2013, 22:06
IslandNiles
Forum Member

At 21 pounds a month it's not really cheap you might as well pay the 4 extra pounds and get the one plan as then you don't get capped and you get no restrictions on tethering and three uses same masts so coverage will eventually be the same.
I know, I know. At the time the 'offer' was 21 a month reduced from 31 for SIM only. I was torn between T-Mobile and Three. I didn't even need the One Plan really and it would have been cheaper to go with Three (about 16 a month I think). I wanted the security of the combined Orange/T-Mobile network and 2G fallback. But there's been so much network disruption and poor service that I'll probably switch to Three in November anyway.
Old 24-06-2013, 22:13
MTUK1
Forum Member

I know, I know. At the time the 'offer' was 21 a month reduced from 31 for SIM only. I was torn between T-Mobile and Three. I didn't even need the One Plan really and it would have been cheaper to go with Three (about 16 a month I think). I wanted the security of the combined Orange/T-Mobile network and 2G fallback. But there's been so much network disruption and poor service that I'll probably switch to Three in November anyway.
Totally agree. I stupidly left three in March and am heading straight back in March. What was I thinking?
Old 24-06-2013, 22:30
Pdhiggin
Forum Member

Hmm it was for the 2g fallback I was thinking of leaving three for tmobile. What do people do without it? It panics me not having signal!
Pdhiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 22:37
MTUK1
Forum Member

Hmm it was for the 2g fallback I was thinking of leaving three for tmobile. What do people do without it? It panics me not having signal!
Don't do it is my advice. Dropped calls, slow Internet, no
Internet. Stay with three.
Old 24-06-2013, 22:58
jabbamk1
Forum Member

Notice how i worded it.

I said "Tethering not allowed" rather than "Tethering blocked".

According to the T&C tethering is not allowed and T-Mobile can cut you off for doing it.

In real life there are conflicting reports with some being allowed to tether and others being blocked. Those on the legacy Full Monty plan from when it first launched are still officially allowed to tether.
Old 24-06-2013, 23:16
toyotacity
Forum Member

I had a rant at Tmobile because of the crap data speeds, no data throughput despite full signal, and the mast being on the roof literally a few metres above me (I live on the top floor) and also crap data speeds in Manchester City Centre

the upshot is I got 10 per month off my full monty so I only pay 26 a month, but they removed the speed cap and I can tether too

if you find the speeds poor (I was getting 0.02 in Manc city centre) it's worth complaining to Level 2/CEO office
toyotacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 20:17
Mr Mot
Forum Member

I recently paid my way out of the FM plan and moved over to three.

It's not very full monty having limited speeds.

Before anyone says it, the local EE mast at work is fed with ADSL and used heavily during work hours.
With three I can happily stream from my plex server all day long - hence the need for speed.
Mr Mot is offline   Reply With Quote