Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Latest Xbox games for boyfriend's birthday?

Old 25-06-2013, 12:52
Tinselpops
Forum Member

Hi all, I am looking for some help!

It's my boyfriends birthday in a couple of weeks and I was hoping to get him a game for his beloved Xbox. Thing is I don't have a clue what is new/worth getting as I hate the flippin' thing, but I'd be the best girlfriend ever if I got him a game he liked

He buys all the big ones when they get released like the Halo ones and Call of Duty etc, but he hasn't mentioned getting any in a while so I'm assuming there hasn't been any big releases lately. Given these are the kind of games he like, does anyone have any suggestions of games I could get for his birthday?

Thanks in advance!
Tinselpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 25-06-2013, 13:15
Speedloafer
Forum Member

Hi all, I am looking for some help!

It's my boyfriends birthday in a couple of weeks and I was hoping to get him a game for his beloved Xbox. Thing is I don't have a clue what is new/worth getting as I hate the flippin' thing, but I'd be the best girlfriend ever if I got him a game he liked

He buys all the big ones when they get released like the Halo ones and Call of Duty etc, but he hasn't mentioned getting any in a while so I'm assuming there hasn't been any big releases lately. Given these are the kind of games he like, does anyone have any suggestions of games I could get for his birthday?

Thanks in advance!
When is his birthday? 95% of games are terrible and chances are anything that takes his interest he may have preordered already. GTA is coming gout in early November, FIFA late September
Speedloafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 13:21
CapricaChris
Forum Member

He sounds like an absolute douche, to be fair. Halo? You're going out with a nine year old? You sound lovely, however. I've never had a girlfriend - or the wife as is now the case - buy me anything for my Xbox. Would I want that? Yes please!

The only decent game coming out in the future promises to be GTA V, but that's September. That's sadly the only thing anyone should be looking to buy at full price when released.

Far Cry 3 has been the only decent game of late (you can pick that up for 17,99 in Sainsburys if he hasn't got that).

Otherwise, a voucher is a no-lose option.

A physical game is clearly a better present, so let's see if someone less miserable provides you with some options below
CapricaChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 13:21
CapricaChris
Forum Member

GTA is coming out in early November,
WTF?

Did I miss that memo? I thought it was September?
CapricaChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 13:43
Tinselpops
Forum Member

He sounds like an absolute douche, to be fair. Halo? You're going out with a nine year old? You sound lovely, however. I've never had a girlfriend - or the wife as is now the case - buy me anything for my Xbox. Would I want that? Yes please!

The only decent game coming out in the future promises to be GTA V, but that's September. That's sadly the only thing anyone should be looking to buy at full price when released.

Far Cry 3 has been the only decent game of late (you can pick that up for 17,99 in Sainsburys if he hasn't got that).

Otherwise, a voucher is a no-lose option.

A physical game is clearly a better present, so let's see if someone less miserable provides you with some options below
Thanks for your help - this is what I feared. I think he already has Far Cry 3 (will have to search through his vast pile of games) so looks like there's nothing really half-decent that's just been released or coming out in time for his birthday (which is in July).

As for being a good girlfriend for wanting to get him and Xbox game, his Xbox is truly the only thing I know he is interested in, I could get him a jumper or aftershave or socks or a one of those experience day things, but I know the one thing he'd rather have over those is a new game Damn you game-makers for not releasing anything decent of late!
Old 25-06-2013, 13:44
Tinselpops
Forum Member

When is his birthday? 95% of games are terrible and chances are anything that takes his interest he may have preordered already. GTA is coming gout in early November, FIFA late September
It's in July I'm afraid, so too early for any of these!
Old 25-06-2013, 13:54
Danger Close
Forum Member

It's the usual summer drought though.

Buying games for someone you know is difficult. Suggesting games for someone you don't is very difficult.

A longer list of games that he plays regularly would be helpful.
Danger Close is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 14:04
mred2000
Forum Member

...his Xbox is truly the only thing I know he is interested in...
Even moreso than you? Give him a slap! Buy yourself some skimpy undies and say "well, I got these to give you a surprise for your birthday but I guess you're not interested..." then give him a pair of socks with an Xbox MS Points card inside. Job done
mred2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 14:05
Schmiznurf
Forum Member

My wife knows exactly what games to get me when she wants to get me them, even if she doesn't she at least knows what I don't have and the ability to pick good games out for me.

Maybe you should ask him, it will be easier than getting him something only to find out he has it already.
Schmiznurf is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 14:34
Mandark
Forum Member

I don't know if he's bought anything this year but some games have been impressive. Bioshock Infinite is a quality first person shooter game like Halo and Call of Duty. He may have played earlier versions in the series. He might fancy the new Tomb Raider game as well.
Mandark is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 15:26
Speedloafer
Forum Member

WTF?

Did I miss that memo? I thought it was September?
Your right.
Speedloafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 19:01
gds1972
Forum Member

Buying games for someone you know is difficult. Suggesting games for someone you don't is very difficult.

Plus a list of games he already has.
gds1972 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 19:06
wildphantom!
Forum Member

Just ask him.
wildphantom! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 08:17
MartinImber
Forum Member

What drought?
MartinImber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 11:09
Danger Close
Forum Member

Most games are released in Q1 late Q3 and Q4. So between April and mid-September there are usually very few AAA releases.
Old 26-06-2013, 13:29
joely7
Forum Member

Bioshock Infinite or Metro Last Light
joely7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 22:21
Yorkshire.King
Forum Member

Thanks for your help - this is what I feared. I think he already has Far Cry 3 (will have to search through his vast pile of games) so looks like there's nothing really half-decent that's just been released or coming out in time for his birthday (which is in July).

As for being a good girlfriend for wanting to get him and Xbox game, his Xbox is truly the only thing I know he is interested in,

Slinky underwear, nice dress, heels, look lovely, nice meal out.........

make him realise there is more to life than sitting with his pad in his hands

When he could have a (Im guessing now) lovely funny gorgeous sexy woman......

you could also buy him a gift card for Game/Amazon/Cex (Computer Exchange.............not that you smutty beggars )

If he doesnt love that idea, get yourself a new man
Yorkshire.King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 12:08
The Special One
Forum Member

I don't think you need to get a game released say in the last few weeks. I'm sure he will appreciate the thought that you've put in for surprising him. I know I would appreciate my girlfriend doing that for me.

I would suggest Bioshock Infinite, Dead Space 3, Far Cry 3 or maybe Crysis 3. They're all shooter types your boyfriend sounds interested in.
The Special One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 12:16
Danger Close
Forum Member

I don't think you need to get a game released say in the last few weeks. I'm sure he will appreciate the thought that you've put in for surprising him. I know I would appreciate my girlfriend doing that for me.

I would suggest Bioshock Infinite, Dead Space 3, Far Cry 3 or maybe Crysis 3. They're all shooter types your boyfriend sounds interested in.
Not a bad list.

I would add either Borderlands game to that and the previous Bioshock and Dead Space games. (Got to start at the beginning)
Old 27-06-2013, 12:59
mred2000
Forum Member

She's run off with the milkman...
mred2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 15:53
sodavlac
Forum Member

Or buy him a gift card or voucher that may be redeemed at his local gaming emporium.
sodavlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 15:59
DRM_Buster
Forum Member

Buy him Catherine.
DRM_Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 18:59
Ladyxxmacbeth
Forum Member

Buy him Catherine.
Sounds like he already has a Catherine I mean the glasses Catherine not the blonde evil stupid one
Ladyxxmacbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 22:07
mikey86uk
Forum Member

maybe a 40 giftcard or something, so he can go buy GTA5 when its out on the 17th of September?
mikey86uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 15:03
Stabbybizzle
Forum Member

Bake a cake!
Stabbybizzle is offline   Reply With Quote