Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Moving from phone contract to ipad contract TMob/EE

Old 26-06-2013, 13:58
toyotacity
Forum Member

Hi guys

I was hoping someone could help me on this as i'm getting absolutely nowhere with TMobile Retentions, Upgrade departments

I've got a 24 month contract with a Samsung Galaxy S3 which has 19 months left to run

All I want to do is change over to 4g EE but on an ipad plan, I read somewhere that I can end contract with a 33% discount on the remaining line rental and also not pay any VAT and then take out an ipad contract with the same number but for data only

Every time I ring either retentions or upgrades I get advised i'm not eligible for an upgrade (I know this) or i'm advised my postcode isn't correct so they can't check 4g coverage (i'm half a mile from Manchester City Centre) and my postcode is a valid postocde, or I get that I can move over as I have an LTE phone (I don't want to move the phone over, it's an ipad contract that I want)

Can I move from an s3 phone contract, do an early upgrade to EE 4G but with an ipad plan and if so would I pay my full line rental, or receive discounts as i'm moving to 4g

Any advice would be appreciated before I ring up and cancel the whole contract because i'm sick of having to explain myself over and over again to someone who doesn't understand my accent
toyotacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-06-2013, 19:24
Rossby41
Forum Member

I read somewhere that I can end contract with a 33% discount on the remaining line rental and also not pay any VAT and then take out an ipad contract with the same number but for data only
I don't know where you read that. You signed a 24 month contract, you are then honor bound by it.
Rossby41 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 22:45
toyotacity
Forum Member

it's here in the big yellow box

https://shop.ee.co.uk/upgrade-to-ee/

means phone contract to phone but nothing about phone to ipad
toyotacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 21:18
Rossby41
Forum Member

it's here in the big yellow box

https://shop.ee.co.uk/upgrade-to-ee/

means phone contract to phone but nothing about phone to ipad
Yes I would imagine you would only be able to switch to phone to phone. Not phone to mobile broadband.

Try posting about it on their facebook page, you might get a better response if it's on more public page.
Rossby41 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 00:33
alanwarwic
Forum Member

Surely it is best to wait until September to see is the 4G on these iDevices is made more UK and EU standard.
It is only a couple of months away.
alanwarwic is offline   Reply With Quote