Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Gabriella Cilmi!

Old 26-06-2013, 22:40
Jordashh
Forum Member

Where is she nw!? Does anyone think she will be big again) I personally loved both her albums! And would love to see her make a comeback!
Jordashh is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-06-2013, 22:51
crazymonk
Forum Member

She had a new song very recently, a promotional single "Sweeter Than History", youtube it, it's nice!
crazymonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 23:27
Fred E Star
Inactive Member

Her new material is terrible.
Fred E Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 02:44
Cloudbusting
Forum Member

I saw her as a support act for Leona Lewis on the Labyrinth tour and wasn't impressed. I'm not surprised she's never really made a name for herself, to be frank. There was just nothing interesting about her.
Cloudbusting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 03:30
Eric_Blob
Forum Member

Sweet About Me was such a massive hit, I don't think she'll get one like that again, but it's a great song!
Eric_Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 19:39
Rip the TV Eye
Forum Member

Woman On A Mission was terrible and despite being full of Illuminati imagery, it apparently failed to do well.

I liked a couple of her songs but she strikes me as being too bland to be memorable.
Rip the TV Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 00:09
Cloudbusting
Forum Member

I think the main problem with her is that anybody could sing her songs. She just lacks anything that stands out.
Old 28-06-2013, 02:21
HandsClean
Forum Member

Sweet About Me was a great song and a massive hit in most countries. It's still played on radio, is ridiculously catchy and is very different.

What went wrong for poor Gabriella though was the poor Follow up singles. Save The Lies & I Don't Want To Go To Bed Now were released as the follow up's in selected countries and made little impact because truth be told, they just did not compare to Sweet About Me. Her cover of Warm This Winter always makes an appearance in the iTunes top 100 since it's release, during the festive periods, so at least she isn't a 'one hit wonder'.

Saying that, Sweet About Me will easily keep her in good money for the rest of her life though when you consider that she actually co-wrote and co-produced the track.
HandsClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 09:05
AdzPower
Forum Member

She's very talented, I think her second album was marvellous and her first was fantastic, can't wait for new material!
AdzPower is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 15:46
Spider Rico
Forum Member

I saw her as a support act for Leona Lewis on the Labyrinth tour and wasn't impressed. I'm not surprised she's never really made a name for herself, to be frank. There was just nothing interesting about her.
I also saw her on that tour and completely disagree. She's a superb singer with quite a unique voice. I got into her second album after seeing her and think it's a very good album.
Spider Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 17:08
Cloudbusting
Forum Member

I also saw her on that tour and completely disagree. She's a superb singer with quite a unique voice. I got into her second album after seeing her and think it's a very good album.
Some of the songs are catchy, like Hearts Don't Lie, but maybe she was having an "off" night when I saw her or just didn't do it for me for whatever reason. I wish her well, don't get me wrong, but I don't think she'll ever be a household name.
Old 02-07-2013, 22:29
Multimedia81
Forum Member

Some of the songs are catchy, like Hearts Don't Lie, but maybe she was having an "off" night when I saw her or just didn't do it for me for whatever reason. I wish her well, don't get me wrong, but I don't think she'll ever be a household name.
This is easily my fave Gabriella song, although On a Mission was also quite catchy. Sweet About Me was clever as part of the chorus reminded me of someone who let me down badly, but I was impressed to find out Gabriella wrote it when she was just 15.
Multimedia81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:30
little-monster
Forum Member

I saw her live supporting Leona and she is fantastic live. I liked her debut but the follow up just sounded badly produced

Would like to see her make a comeback with a third album.
little-monster is offline   Reply With Quote