Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Jak and Daxter: the most frustrating franchise in history?

Old 29-06-2013, 23:47
thomas2400
Forum Member

These games are amazingly fun but...

In Jak 1 the camera is one of the worst i've experienced

Jak II, would be an amazing game except every time you get going and start to really have fun you hit a brick wall mission that you fail over and over again, the most annoying thing, most of the fails are because of the shoddy controls

I've been reading online and most people seem to think Jak 3 is the best, i'm sure when i start playing it though there will be something annoying that will piss me off
thomas2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 30-06-2013, 08:42
Thunder Lips
Inactive Member

Funnily enough I've just got the collection for PS3, never played them before. Only played a couple of hours of Jak 1 and so far it's no fun at all. The camera IS god awful too I agree there.
Thunder Lips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 16:12
Nedubiz
Forum Member

Now - I love Jak . It is frustrating and quite tricky in parts, but I love the world and 3D platformers are one of my favourite genres. I didn't particularly have any issues with the camera, but it may just be I am used to it (having played on PS2 and PS3 already.) Horses for courses I guess.

Jak 2 I am less keen on. Didn't really like how the world and absolutely hated the open world city. I found it way too confined for the vehicles and just no fun to navigate.
Haven't spent much time with 3, but will hopefully play it through on the vita now.
Nedubiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 20:03
The Special One
Forum Member

Been playing these games because of PS+. Really enjoyed the first game, but the 2nd seems horrible to me. The vehicles are really frustrating and I dont really like the missions. It seems a lot harder than the first game too.

Would I be missing out on much if I skip to the 3rd game, or will I even enjoy it if its like the 2nd?
The Special One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 21:49
Palmerwho
Forum Member

Been playing these games because of PS+. Really enjoyed the first game, but the 2nd seems horrible to me. The vehicles are really frustrating and I dont really like the missions. It seems a lot harder than the first game too.

Would I be missing out on much if I skip to the 3rd game, or will I even enjoy it if its like the 2nd?
The structure is similar to 2 but the checkpoints are more frequent in 3 which generally makes it easier.

It still can be really frustrating tho!
Palmerwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 22:15
Chparmar
Forum Member

The camera is controlled by the right analog stick and is part of the gameplay.

You can't expect the camera to perfect to your needs all the time.
Chparmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 01:24
JakeMurrin
Forum Member

I remember the press giving these games a pass for their camera, while whining about far more minor technical problems in competing games like Mario Sunshine. Just another overrated first-party effort from Sony. At least the camera isn't completely broken beyond belief like in, say, Sonic Adventure.
JakeMurrin is offline   Reply With Quote