Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

phone reset?

Old 03-07-2013, 20:30
Mrstimmy
Forum Member

I took out a contract today and selected the S4 mini.

I really dislike it and was looking at the returns/exchanges policy and so long as the phone is in an unused condition it can be exchanged in the first 7 days. All I've done is have a play round on it, tried to do my contacts/emails etc, but just can't stand it. I've not used Android before and just find it a bit messy and all the Samsung stuff complicates everything.

So basically, I want to exchange it and was wondering how is best to clear everything off, like the few contacts, facebook app and email accounts I half set up. If I do a hard reset like the website I've linked to shows, will this keep all the relevant Samsung stuff on it and just put it back to how it was when I took it out the box?

http://www.thehardreset.com/how-to-h...alaxy-s4-mini/

I've been using the same rubbish old phone for years, it's finally become too unreliable and kept crashing/turning off/randomly vibrating for no reason/not charging properly, that I wanted a new phone and to go back onto full contract. It was a windows phone I had but I wanted a change!
Mrstimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-07-2013, 21:08
ASIFZED
Forum Member

Yes, doing the full factory reset will clear the phone of anything you've personally placed/downloaded on it and restore it "as new".

All the various Samsung apps/bloatware will still be available on the S4.
ASIFZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 13:39
Mrstimmy
Forum Member

Thanks,
Old 04-07-2013, 17:20
!!11oneone
Forum Member

I'd wipe your SD card (or SD card folder) first before a reset, just to make sure. I inadvertently sent a load of photos to someone when I sold a phone.

Use something like Astro File Manager, look for SD card and delete everything manually.
!!11oneone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 20:21
Mrstimmy
Forum Member

I didn't actually have anything on there, had attempted to set the phone up for me. But decided I didn't like it and took it back to the shop.

Three's customer service is absolutely terrible.