Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

What should i do ?

Old 04-07-2013, 20:51
Layton
Forum Member

Hi All

can i pick your brains?

We are moving house soon , where we are we pay SKY , where we are going we want to cut costs and ditch SKY

The house we are buying has no aerial so will have to get one fitted so thats one cost , but a one off cost...

We want the kids to have some sort of TV channels aside from Cbeebies and the wife and i would like BT Sport , along with catch up and normal freeview channels

We want to be able to record programs and press pause etc , but are not to fussed about recording two things at the same time assuming we can get catch up , as above.

We currently have BT broadband and Telephone

How do we get , what we want , for the best possible price?

Any tips useful!

Thanks
Layton is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-07-2013, 21:03
tomee
Forum Member

Hi All

can i pick your brains?

We are moving house soon , where we are we pay SKY , where we are going we want to cut costs and ditch SKY

The house we are buying has no aerial so will have to get one fitted so thats one cost , but a one off cost...

We want the kids to have some sort of TV channels aside from Cbeebies and the wife and i would like BT Sport , along with catch up and normal freeview channels

We want to be able to record programs and press pause etc , but are not to fussed about recording two things at the same time assuming we can get catch up , as above.

We currently have BT broadband and Telephone

How do we get , what we want , for the best possible price?

Any tips useful!

Thanks
What do you pay at the moment?

If you trying to cut cost then forget about pay sports channels there loads of free sport on freeview.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 21:05
Layton
Forum Member

What do you pay at the moment?

If you trying to cut cost then forget about pay sports channels there loads of free sport on freeview.
Hi , currently cancelled down the sports on sky and movies so think its 36.50 a month

We have bt broadband though so shouldnt we gte BT Sport FOC ?
Layton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 21:23
tomee
Forum Member

Hi , currently cancelled down the sports on sky and movies so think its 36.50 a month

Only if you receive your TV channel over the internet.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 21:38
chrisy
Forum Member

Yes you should:
Originally Posted by btsport.com
BT Broadband customers

BT Sport launches on 1st August. From this day, you can access the online player at BTSport.com. Or download the BT Sport app from your app store to get BT Sport on the move. Why not upgrade to BT Infinity and get less buffering when you watch BT Sport online player?
They don't mention the service over terrestrial at all, it's apparently only for BT TV customers who can't get BT Infinity. It's very strange as to why they don't retail it, so I'm not sure if it is available to BT Broadband only customers.

Anyway, you can watch it for free on-line, as per the above.
chrisy is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 23:03
soulboy77
Forum Member

My suggestion would be to have Freesat and Freeview. That way you have a good selection of channels for free and save yourself a packet after the initial cost.

http://***********.x10.mx/wiki/List_...on_Freesat_(UK)
soulboy77 is offline   Reply With Quote