Man United Supporters Thread (Part 40)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,742
Administrator
Flukie wrote: »
Monday story

Man United and Chelsea miss out on Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski, 24, as the Pole agrees to join Bayern Munich.

Full story: Daily Mail
Continuation of: Man United Supporters Thread (Part 39)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First.

Have we signed Thiago yet?
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dmuk wrote: »
    First.

Have we signed Thiago yet?

No. The only United 'news' that I've seen today, is Moyes saying that we'll be trying to win everything.

There's a shock.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And dowie thinks zaha will walk straight into the team.

I don't think so.
  • IH80IH80 Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think so.

I think he has about as much chance of starting as the other wingers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think so.

Do you mean Holloway?

I think that Zaha has a chance. He should play in the Community Shield.
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member
    Given the make up of the tour squad and those being left behind due to summer competitions, it wouldn't shock me to see Zaha involved in the Community Shield to give him some game time. That is if he's not been loaned out of course by then.
  • toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow a new part and still no signings of note:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He looks like he's got talent, but a bit too raw, Young, Nani and Valencia on their day are better players, and come with experience. I'd like to see a lot of him over the pre season, but yeah, the community shield will probably give the best indication of how he can cope.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh new thread!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toastie15 wrote: »

Well there is Varela! :D

(puts on desperate face!)
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Zaha also, a new player in the squad at least.

Looking at today's transfer speculation, Arsenal have bid £30M for Suarez, with them looking to sign Higuain also, maybe they are actually going to be ambitious this summer.
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Or their bid for the biter was nothing more than an attempt to make it look like they are showing some ambition so when they start the season with Chamakh up front they can say "at least we tried".

Arsenal know full well that bid would never be successful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    Or their bid for the biter was nothing more than an attempt to make it look like they are showing some ambition so when they start the season with Chamakh up front they can say "at least we tried".

Arsenal know full well that bid would never be successful.

Agreed. No way will Arsenal sign Suarez, or Rooney.

Even Higuain is starting to sound unlikely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember that Chelsea game where started with was it Bellion up front! At least Chamakh is a better option than him!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember that Chelsea game where started with was it Bellion up front! At least Chamakh is a better option than him!

I read somewhere that Chamakh is on £93,000 per week.

Not sure that I believe it, although he was free, so maybe they did put him on high wages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere that Chamakh is on £93,000 per week.

Not sure that I believe it, although he was free, so maybe they did put him on high wages.

That I can well believe, as he was as you say a free transfer, but those wages for his talent level, is just so very wrong.
  • Igloo_ManIgloo_Man Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Villa is joining Atletico Madrid for £4.4m. I think Barcelona paid £30m for him just two or three years ago!

We should have been in for him for that kind of fee. When fully fit Villa is (almost) as good as any forward in the world. We may have plenty of strikers already, but surely worth a punt all the same? And we could have sold Rooney off the back of it too...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Igloo_Man wrote: »
    David Villa is joining Atletico Madrid for £4.4m. I think Barcelona paid £30m for him just two or three years ago!

We should have been in for him for that kind of fee. When fully fit Villa is (almost) as good as any forward in the world. We may have plenty of strikers already, but surely worth a punt all the same? And we could have sold Rooney off the back of it too...

I don't think that we would have got him for that kind of fee, regardless of whether or not it would have been a good move.

I suspect that he told Barcelona that he wanted to stay in Spain, limiting potential destinations. I've also read that Barcelona will retain 50% of him as a player.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    toastie15 wrote: »

No signings 'of note'?
    I wasn't aware we'd signed anyone! :confused:

Wonder why Arsenal put in a bid for someone who only wants to leave Liverpool cos he wants to leave England?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    No signings 'of note'?
    I wasn't aware we'd signed anyone! :confused:

Wonder why Arsenal put in a bid for someone who only wants to leave Liverpool cos he wants to leave England?!

We have signed someone, Varela, the Under 20 right back for Uruguay!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that we would have got him for that kind of fee, regardless of whether or not it would have been a good move.

I suspect that he told Barcelona that he wanted to stay in Spain, limiting potential destinations. I've also read that Barcelona will retain 50% of him as a player.

I still think that he is a very talented player, but we already have too many strikers, so signing him, would just add to our problems, rather than help to solve anything.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    We have signed someone, Varela, the Under 20 right back for Uruguay!

Ah. For some reason that completely slipped my mind!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What else is there to do now this week than watch the entire season reviews starting with 92/93.

I may have some questions...
  • Igloo_ManIgloo_Man Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What else is there to do now this week than watch the entire season reviews starting with 92/93.

I may have some questions...

I reckon you'll really enjoy 98/99. You won't believe how it finishes!
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shiny new thread - woooo woooo :)
This discussion has been closed.