DS Forums

king of queens

Old 08-07-2013, 21:52
kcspurs
Forum Member

anyone else like this .
i think its so funny.

you got doug and carrie plus arther

then you have danny and spence who act like a gay couple.
then you got doug best mate deacon.

i think they are all funny. and its run for 9 series.

its a lot better then anything comedy show in the uk in recent years
kcspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-07-2013, 22:02
kjh84
Forum Member

Actually i don't mind watching and have watched a few. I like Jerry Stiller he is really funny.
kjh84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 22:07
kcspurs
Forum Member

the early seasons are okay but it gets better once danny and spence join the cast.
Old 08-07-2013, 22:08
EVILSPEAK
Forum Member

It's actually far superior to the overrated Everybody Loves Raymond, of which King of Queens was a spin off. And it's amusing to see Leah Remini pile the weight on in later seasons, damn she let herself go badly!
EVILSPEAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 22:14
kcspurs
Forum Member

i not seen everybody loves raymond.

usa shows tend to run for a long time but in the uk the good shows tend to stop after a few seasons like the office inbetweeners fawlty towers. saying they run out of ideas.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:03
julie2009
Forum Member

It's actually far superior to the overrated Everybody Loves Raymond, of which King of Queens was a spin off. And it's amusing to see Leah Remini pile the weight on in later seasons, damn she let herself go badly!
I never knew that. I also love both these comedies.
Arthur (Carrie's dad) is the star of this show
He is a great actor.

I remember one scene when he went to buy something and they charged him 2 dollars so he refused to buy it and when he got home he said to Doug "now if it had of been one cent cheaper I would have bought it"
julie2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:26
munkyfellover
Forum Member

i not seen everybody loves raymond.

usa shows tend to run for a long time but in the uk the good shows tend to stop after a few seasons like the office inbetweeners fawlty towers. saying they run out of ideas.
Or they know to quit while they're ahead.
munkyfellover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:10
gashead
Forum Member

I love TKOQ. Shame they made Doug and Carrie so mean come the end eps (not to mention the absurd way it actually ended). They were never meant to be the most lovey-dovey of couples, but come the end it was bordering on spiteful abuse. As for Leah Rimini, gaining weight is the least of your concerns (although being pregnant probably had a lot to do with that ). She's a Scientologist !
gashead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:16
julie2009
Forum Member

I love TKOQ. Shame they made Doug and Carrie so mean come the end eps (not to mention the absurd way it actually ended). They were never meant to be the most lovey-dovey of couples, but come the end it was bordering on spiteful abuse. As for Leah Rimini, gaining weight is the least of your concerns (although being pregnant probably had a lot to do with that ). She's a Scientologist !
So she belongs to Tom's Cruise's crowd.
Did I read before that Will Smith was also one
julie2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:32
decobelle
Forum Member

I love the KOQ too - watched the whole 9 seasons (2 a day) on Comedy Central last year! I noticed Leah's weight gain too, I don't think she was pregnant for 4 years though!

Doug cracked me up, but Arthur stole the show
decobelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 13:44
Gulftastic
Forum Member

I like that despite it falling into the hot wife/fat slob cliche so beloved of US tv comedy, they made Carrie a bitch so it was more believable.

I too think the show is miles better than 'Everybody Loves Raymond', which I cannot stand.
Gulftastic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 17:22
panic room
Forum Member

OMG I love this show, must have seen them all so many times but they never fail to give me a laugh. As far as I am concerned one of the best sit-coms ever. I do enjoy ELR but KOQ is funnier. Thanks to comedy central for giving me a daily KOQ fix.
panic room is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 21:09
kjh84
Forum Member

Oh i've not seen the later episodes! How does it end? Knowing my luck i'll miss seeing them.
Old 09-07-2013, 21:31
woot_whoo
Inactive Member

Brilliant show. It started out very traditional and really hit its stride in Season 3 (when, I think, Richie left). When Carrie got meaner, she stepped out of the 'sweet sitcom wife' mold and the whole thing took off. I'd count Arthur Spooner as one of sitcom's best characters; he was just hysterically out there.

Oh i've not seen the later episodes! How does it end? Knowing my luck i'll miss seeing them.
Doug and Carrie adopt a Chinese baby and Carrie finds out she's pregnant at the same time. Arthur moves out and marries Spence's mum, Veronica. At the very end, there is a flash forward to Carrie and Doug dealing with two screaming babies. The doorbell rings and Arthur enters with a suitcase, barking "IT DIDN'T WORK OUT!"
woot_whoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:49
kjh84
Forum Member

Doug and Carrie adopt a Chinese baby and Carrie finds out she's pregnant at the same time. Arthur moves out and marries Spence's mum, Veronica. At the very end, there is a flash forward to Carrie and Doug dealing with two screaming babies. The doorbell rings and Arthur enters with a suitcase, barking "IT DIDN'T WORK OUT!"
Ohh thanks, i'll have to try and find the later episodes.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:57
Squiggle
Forum Member

Yeah, that tends to happen when a woman gets pregnant.

She gained a great deal of weight during her first and only pregnancy (a girl btw). She lost all that weight eventually (at her own pace of course.)
Squiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:01
Squiggle
Forum Member

OMG I love this show, must have seen them all so many times but they never fail to give me a laugh. As far as I am concerned one of the best sit-coms ever. I do enjoy ELR but KOQ is funnier. Thanks to comedy central for giving me a daily KOQ fix.
I also enjoy King of Queens so much so that I still watch the reruns. I don't hate Everybody Loves Raymond, but I much prefer KOQ.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:24
Gulftastic
Forum Member

The best episodes come after Richie has gone, and once Holly starts walking Arthur.

My favourite Arthur moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ehYpdXwTAc
Gulftastic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 23:15
Squiggle
Forum Member

http://www.people.com/people/article...711PM-20716538
Old 11-07-2013, 23:37
leeowls87
Forum Member

Its not really a spin off is it?

Sure its set in the same universe so to speak as Ray appears in a few episodes of King of Queens over the years but its not a spin off from Raymond

Similar to how Hawaii 5-0 and NCIS:LA are set in the universe as characters have crossed over between 2 shows, CSI:NY and Cold Case being another example.

I do like KOQ, and prefer it to Raymond as well
leeowls87 is offline   Reply With Quote