Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Toshiba TV issue

Old 12-07-2013, 08:14
wildhollie
Forum Member

Hi

For some reason my tv has decided to lock itself. When i try to change the channels on my remote or on the panel on the tv it comes up with PANEL LOCK on the bottom of the screen.

I have looked everywhere for the manual and cannot find it, so tried looking on the net and cannot find it there either. I have tried turning off the TV and then turning back on....I cannot access the menu either on the remote or the TV to turn off the panel lock.

TV is a Toshiba 19AV505D model.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this ?
Think i may need to call Toshiba
wildhollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:37
Deacon1972
Forum Member

If you have lost/forgotten your pin code - with the tv switched on, try pressing the recall button on the remote 4 times within 5 seconds, this should clear the pin, you can then enter a new pin.
Deacon1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:51
wildhollie
Forum Member

If you have lost/forgotten your pin code - with the tv switched on, try pressing the recall button on the remote 4 times within 5 seconds, this should clear the pin, you can then enter a new pin.
This is the problem, i dont have a PIN code, i never entered one and when i switch the TV on it just goes to FILM4 the last channel i was watching. I dont appear to have a RECALL button on my remote ? Is it known by another name ?
wildhollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:27
Chasing Shadows
Forum Member

Don't know whether this is a similar situation or not - but my Toshiba TV remote has a slider on the side, so you can indicate whether the remote should be controlling the TV, or a Toshiba DVD player, or a Toshiba VCR. If the slider has accidentally been pushed to either the VCR or DVD (not that I own any other Toshiba equipment) then various buttons on the remote fail to work - including the power button.

Never tried changing channels with the slider pointing at something other than TV, but I know that the volume buttons do still work, and the number keys definitely don't. Haven't noticed a message about Panel Lock appearing though.
Chasing Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:28
Deacon1972
Forum Member

This is the problem, i dont have a PIN code, i never entered one and when i switch the TV on it just goes to FILM4 the last channel i was watching. I dont appear to have a RECALL button on my remote ? Is it known by another name ?
Found the manual for the AV50* series...

http://www.toshiba-om.net/LCD/lcd_download.php

Had a quick look, their description says when switched on it just disables the controls on the TV, remote should still work.

Have a look through, it may help, if not you might have to make a phone call to Toshiba.

Edit:

Just noticed Chasing Shadow's reply....

Panel lock could have been switched on then slider control selected for another device.
Deacon1972 is offline   Reply With Quote