DS Forums

Alex Reid selling Katie Price stuf on eBay

Old 18-07-2013, 01:23
whatever54
Forum Member

Sad news, I read about him going missing, must be depression I guess
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-week-ago.html
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 18-07-2013, 03:36
jeff_vader
Forum Member

Very good, gifted actor. If it was depression, sad that unable to get help that worked.
jeff_vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 09:07
Cadiva
Forum Member

I saw that he was missing the other day, very sad he's been found in these circumstances.
Cadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 09:45
dekaf
Forum Member

Sad news.
dekaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 10:00
milliejo
Forum Member

When are people going to notice that more and more people are commiting suicide...including famous people...something is very wrong here.
milliejo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 10:53
lexi22
Inactive Member

Gosh that's so sad. Poor man.

@milliejo, true, so many fragile people out there, it seems. I don't know what it is but in general, I do think the constant bombardment and overload of info about what you should be, look like, feel, admire, aspire to, and generally 'fit in' encourages unhappiness and ultimately depression/despair as it gradually erodes people's sense of their own worth. It's really sad.
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 16:40
Honestweegie
Forum Member

When are people going to notice that more and more people are commiting suicide...including famous people...something is very wrong here.
This is quite ignorant to be honest. My mother suffered from mental illness and tried to take her life many times hiding it from all of us. Despite the fact she had the best medical care. Mental illness is not something that can be simply diagnosed and treated sadly. Fortunately modern times don't allow for the stigma of mental illness and a lot more people are informed.
Honestweegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 19:10
CitizenofPhobos
Inactive Member

..It manifests over time, what happens is a lot of them wake up, they are financially secure, have a loving partner, loving children and yet they still wake up some days feeling sad and they can't figure out why and over time it snowballs and manifests and gets bigger and ultimately the mind tricks them into believing that their life has reached it's pinnacle and there is nothing else to do, I'm not saying this is exactly what happened in Paul's tragic sad case but it'd be a very likely reason in my eyes.
CitizenofPhobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 19:16
Laptop Lil
Forum Member

This is very tragic, such a talented actor and far to young to go.

Sincere sympathies to his family and friends, rest peacefully.
Laptop Lil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 11:38
simes188
Forum Member

Very sad news. Paul used to go to the same school as me and was in the same year group. My thought are with his family & friends
simes188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 12:15
stud u like
Forum Member

A sick society and a recession often leads to suicides.

Durkheim wrote about the subject.
stud u like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 12:58
wilehelmas
Forum Member

A sick society and a recession often leads to suicides.

Durkheim wrote about the subject.
What does he say about sunny weather?

Genuine question. Can weather affect clinical bouts of depression?
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 17:02
stud u like
Forum Member

What does he say about sunny weather?

Genuine question. Can weather affect clinical bouts of depression?
Environmental factors can affect depression.
stud u like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 17:12
sofakat
Forum Member

This is quite ignorant to be honest. My mother suffered from mental illness and tried to take her life many times hiding it from all of us. Despite the fact she had the best medical care. Mental illness is not something that can be simply diagnosed and treated sadly. Fortunately modern times don't allow for the stigma of mental illness and a lot more people are informed.
This is absolutely true. Many do not know the first thing about it and make all kinds of stupid assumptions.. So sorry to hear about your mother. Very hard to endure when it's in your family.

Have lost two friends who suffered from severe depression. Both took their own life. There was nothing any of us could do. Both were very greatly loved by their families but nothing could save them.
sofakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 20:31
Honestweegie
Forum Member

This is absolutely true. Many do not know the first thing about it and make all kinds of stupid assumptions.. So sorry to hear about your mother. Very hard to endure when it's in your family.

Have lost two friends who suffered from severe depression. Both took their own life. There was nothing any of us could do. Both were very greatly loved by their families but nothing could save them.
Sorry to hear about your friends. Its a terrible illness
Honestweegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 20:38
Grace In Love
Forum Member

Very, very sad to hear about his. Saw him in much ado about nothing and he was brilliant. I had a very close friend commit suicide a few years ago, still haven't quite gotten over it so I feel for his loved ones
Grace In Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 22:04
TexAveryWolf
Forum Member

Respect to him,his work, and his memory.

And peace to all those he left behind...
TexAveryWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 22:11
IzzyS
Forum Member

I'd read Stephen Fry had tweeted about him, before his body was found - he was worried about him its so sad when that happens, poor guy. How sad for the family to have to come to terms with it too.

RIP Paul Bhattacharjee.
IzzyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 02:20
whatever54
Forum Member

Very sad to read the whole bankruptcy thing as it would seem that may have contributed significantly. Makes you think with the right support this could have been prevented
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote