Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Differences in gameplay between PSP & 3DS?

Old 14-07-2013, 18:10
daveycrocket222
Forum Member

Are there any major differences between a PSP & a 3DS say gameplay wise?

Got a few games on the PSP and noticed the same titles on the 3DS and wondered if its worth getting or simply just a waste of money.

Only reason I got a PSP was so any games I normally play on the xbox 360 I can play when im away from home.

I wouldnt really go for a new handheld unless there is a massive difference.

I know the Lego games pretty much sucked on the DS and were nothing like the console versions hence why I ditched it and bought a PSP.
daveycrocket222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 14-07-2013, 21:32
MartinImber
Forum Member

Seen a few DS and 3DS, apart from if you want a certain game stick with the PSP.

PSP is still a good console, but if you are buying a new one I'd recommend a Vita.

(Vita owner)
MartinImber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2013, 23:12
jokerz
Forum Member

Seen a few DS and 3DS, apart from if you want a certain game stick with the PSP.

PSP is still a good console, but if you are buying a new one I'd recommend a Vita.

(Vita owner)
Agree the Vita is a great machine with a fair number of games available. Memory cards arent cheap but the Vita is worth it!

Although if you want to play games and dont mind digital downloads the PSP Go (sold miserably and is discontinued) is a very portable device - roughly the size of a mobile phone and you get a 16GB MM2 for it for around 12 of CEX.

Although if you want something more future proof definately the PS Vita. Don't regret having mine at all!
jokerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2013, 23:41
TheVoid
Forum Member

Spend a little extra and get the Vita. Honestly, you won't regret it.

I had a 3DS and sold it after a month. I bought a Vita and couldn't part with it now!
TheVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2013, 23:48
wildphantom!
Forum Member

Get a decent memory card (anything above 8GB but preferably 16GB) and PlayStation+ and your already set with 4 great games when you buy a Vita:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Gravity Rush
Unit 13
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

Alternatively you can buy the Vita Mega Pack for under 30 which includes an 8GB card, LittleBigPlanet Vita and WipEout 2048 and 8 other titles.

Vita is great value for money with PS+ and Media Molecule's new IP Tearaway is up for pre-order for 19.99!

It depends if you like Nintendo 1st party games or Sony's selection of games. Look online and see what you like.
wildphantom! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 01:05
0lly
Forum Member

I don't know what games on both the PSP and 3DS you're referring to, but in general I would usually say it's not worth buying a system just to rebuy games you're already got. However it's worth buying a 3DS for the amount of good games that have come and are coming IMO.
0lly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 07:19
akhenaten
Forum Member

If you want a psp, you can get a good deal on ebay, i got one with a carry case and 15 games for 57.00 quid, including p&p, in my local games shop he has them for 75.00 quid just for the psp, although he does do 3 games for 20.00 quid.
akhenaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 10:45
jokerz
Forum Member

Spend a little extra and get the Vita. Honestly, you won't regret it.

I had a 3DS and sold it after a month. I bought a Vita and couldn't part with it now!
This +1

Hang on - thread title also asks the difference in gameplay between the machines. Vita has two analogue sticks - works brilliantly for games like Uncharted etc.

I would seriously recommend the Vita...
jokerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 10:49
Seoulite
Forum Member

Plus Vita has Hotline Miami - awesome game...
Seoulite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 14:06
mred2000
Forum Member

Thread title is about PSP vs 3DS.

OP already HAS a PSP and never even mentioned a Vita...

Only reason I got a PSP was so any games I normally play on the xbox 360 I can play when im away from home.
I've honestly never heard anyone use that as an excuse for buying a PSP. I know from your other threads that you have a 360, so this isn't a case of mixing up the PS3 and 360... Which games have you got on both systems??
mred2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 19:33
daveycrocket222
Forum Member

Thread title is about PSP vs 3DS.

OP already HAS a PSP and never even mentioned a Vita...

I've honestly never heard anyone use that as an excuse for buying a PSP. I know from your other threads that you have a 360, so this isn't a case of mixing up the PS3 and 360... Which games have you got on both systems??
Yeah had a DS but got bored of the games for it well mainly because they wernt up to scratch compared to the PSP that plays PSX games and emulators.

PSP & 360 Games well all the WWE games,

Not really appealing to me is the Vita. Games look ok and such but if I cant play classic SNES roms on it then it will be little interest to me.
daveycrocket222 is offline   Reply With Quote