Options

Digital Spy Apprentice: Task Four Boardroom.

Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi everyone and welcome to the boardroom for task four. As I was away this week and didn't receive some evaluations (due to my PM box being full) I'd appreciate a fair bit of detail.

How was this task for everyone?

Comments

• Options
    puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed this task. My team worked very well together and we had a clear strategy. :)
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    I think we have a good chance of having won (fingers crossed!) :p
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Evening.

The task went really well, I think! We had some good, cheap items in the mix.
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it went well overall. We found some very cheap items.

We didn't really have a strategy though it was a bit like "look for some items" "Is there any item in particular you'd like us to look for?" "Umm sorry got to go to work will be back later look for some items" No one was put in charge of any particular items and to my knowledge we were never told which items to concentrate on by our PM. I did really enjoy the task though and I think the team worked well together. :)

ETA: Forwarded you my task evaluation.
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    I think this task went great for our team! We found everything at really low prices, I just hope it was enough!
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    I think this task was interesting for me as I was away for two of the three days that the task was going on so I had to do a lot of things to try and make sure I contributed as much as I could to the task, which i think i did and overall I think the team did really well
  • Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good evening Lady Sugar :)

I've been looking forward to this task, and I have to say that I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good evening LAS! It was quite an interesting task for us as lots of us were away for some bits of the task and there was never a point when all of us were online, but besides that I think we all worked really hard and got some really good prices, hopefully we've won!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's start with Harmonia this week. Justin was your PM. Opinions on his leadership?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's start with Harmonia this week. Justin was your PM. Opinions on his leadership?

I think he did an okay job as PM. He didn't really give us any strategy or try to divide what we were looking for, and he in the end didn't find any of the items, sometimes it felt like Niall was PM really.
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Well I am going to be 100% honest and say that I haven't been online at the same time as Justin except Friday so i can't really judge Justin's PM skills. I would say he did okay from when I was with him but he also didn't really give us a strategy. It was basically a look and find type of thing and hope for the best.
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say Justin did an okay job as PM, he motivated us well and worked hard, but I think there was a bit of lack of control and direction. The task itself didn't require too much PMing, but I think he could have done a better job in some aspects. But to be fair to him I don't think he was that keen on being PM as he was quite busy for some of the course of the task, and he only stepped up as we really needed a PM.
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was impressed by the fact he didn't clash with anybody and I really really admire the fact he stepped forward for PM whenever everybody including myself in our team was against being PM. I don't think this task is the best one to be PM on as it's just telling people where to look for items and what items in particular people should look for.

My only real criticism of Justin was if I was looking from an outside view of the task I'd have no idea who the PM was, he didn't give us a strategy, he just told us to look for the items but never told us specifically who should look for what items and where we should look. He was okay though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So a general consensus about a lack of strategy but overall okay.

And Helios, how was Eliza as a PM?
  • Options
    Forum Member

I thought she was a pretty decent PM. She was able to motivate us and get us all to do our best, which were good traits to have. She also listened to people - in fact, she changed her initial strategy after hearing the opinions of the group. I'm not sure if that was a good thing or not; sometimes that works out and sometimes it's better to go with your gut, so I guess we'll see with the results. But I was happy with Eliza.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I don't really rate this task much for one to judge someone's PM skills, but if Eliza went about PMing any other task the way she did this task, then I'm sorry to say she was awful. As far as I know, she didn't even bother looking for any items herself. Perhaps she did in the first two or so hours when I wasn't around, but beyond that, if she even looked she never told us about it.

Also, unrelated to Eliza, but I'm finding George's non-stop moaning and negativity a bit grating. I don't think I've made it through a single chat with him where he hasn't moaned about something yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, i'm sorry in advance.

Eliza is a very lovely person - I actually really enjoy the occasions I get to talk to her, and there's definitely no way of insulting her as a person. I'd never want to do that.

However, as a PM? I do feel like she was very... lax. Although, that was more because I don't really think she ever actually did anything on the task. I don't remember seeing a single price, or find, shown to us by her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tyjet wrote: »
    IAs far as I know, she didn't even both looking for any items herself. Perhaps she did in the first two or so hours when I wasn't around, but beyond that, if she even looked she never told us about it.
    Although, that was more because I don't really think she ever actually did anything on the task. I don't remember seeing a single price, or find, shown to us by her.

I'd just like to point out that in a private conversation with Eliza, she said to me that she couldn't find anything cheaper than what some of our team mates had already found. So presumably she was looking for things, people had just all already found things that were cheaper than what she found. The same for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just like to point out that in a private conversation with Eliza, she said to me that she couldn't find anything cheaper than what some of our team mates had already found. So presumably she was looking for things, people had just all already found things that were cheaper than what she found. The same for me.

Do you think that in a private conversation with you was the appropriate place to say these things? 3/5 of the team had no idea what she'd done...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justin claims he was forced into being PM, due to lack of enthusiasm for the job in general from the rest of the team. That's a bit disappointing. What was the problem?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you think that in a private conversation with you was the appropriate place to say these things? 3/5 of the team had no idea what she'd done...

Maybe she should have made that clear to the other team members.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Perhaps she should have taken your lead and sent us her list anyway, despite none of them being cheaper than anything already found. Or at least MENTION that she was looking. Just once.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree I didn't find as many items as you but as soon as I found an item, you always found cheaper ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justin claims he was forced into being PM, due to lack of enthusiasm for the job in general from the rest of the team. That's a bit disappointing. What was the problem?

He wasn't forced. Niall had said he didn't want to do it as he did it last week. Jack didn't want to do it as he'd be away for a part of the task. Justin initially said that he didn't want to do it. Katie said she didn't want to either. I said I'd do it if no-one else wanted to, but Justin then changed his mind so he was in as PM.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    Perhaps she should have taken your lead and sent us her list anyway, despite none of them being cheaper than anything already found. Or at least MENTION that she was looking. Just once.

I did mention that I was looking. I couldn't find anything cheaper.