Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Kate Middleton's Baby

Old 20-02-2007, 12:17
Grand Dizzy
Forum Member

Loads of people seem to hate him.

Why?

Can anyone give an actual reason other than "he's annoying"?

I think he's got a great personality and a great sense of humour. And he's just about the only pop star there is with an ironic sense of humour who doesn't take himself that seriously. Surely that's an admirable quality?
Grand Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-02-2007, 12:18
SweetyPie2006
Forum Member

I don't hate him but I don't like him either. He comes across as a smug womaniser
SweetyPie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 12:19
natsuki*head
Banned User

He's annoying.

I think his music is poo.
natsuki*head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 12:20
AaronG

He's just lazy. He commits to tours he cannot fufill, he's constantly in and out of rehab delaying album releases, he's never broken America because he's never put the effort in, he sacked his songwriter because he felt he didn't need him, he's not released a half decent song since Angels, he was very arrogant in the face of his success and his former band mates fall from favour (oh how thats reversed eh?) and he just thinks he's the greatest thing on earth when in actual fact he's noting more than a PR machine looking for symapthy everytime he has a glass of wine and has been for the last 5 or 6 years.
Old 20-02-2007, 12:25
DaisyBumbleroot
Forum Member

Originally Posted by AaronG
He's just lazy. He commits to tours he cannot fufill, he's constantly in and out of rehab delaying album releases, he's never broken America because he's never put the effort in, he sacked his songwriter because he felt he didn't need him, he's not released a half decent song since Angels, he was very arrogant in the face of his success and his former band mates fall from favour (oh how thats reversed eh?) and he just thinks he's the greatest thing on earth when in actual fact he's noting more than a PR machine looking for symapthy everytime he has a glass of wine and has been for the last 5 or 6 years.
You just summed up my robbie williams feelings in a nutshell. But you missed out this......
Originally Posted by castel64
'Bout time that boy realised he's over 30, has a face like a burst mattress and nobody's interested in his over indulged, whining
DaisyBumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Caxton
Forum Member

He thinks far too much of himself. That permanent smug "I am great" facial expression he shows annoys me too.
Caxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Phil 2804
Forum Member

Originally Posted by Grand Dizzy

Why?

I think he's got a great personality and a great sense of humour. And he's just about the only pop star there is with an ironic sense of humour who doesn't take himself that seriously. Surely that's an admirable quality?

He's rich, successful and has sold millions of albums. He sacked Ritchie because contrary to popular belief Ritchie was not the one writing all the hits on his own.

Its the same mentality you get with music "trendies" generally. They'll tell you how much they love some obscure album by a band you've never heard of but as soon as said band gets signed and said album gets into the charts they'll bare faced lie to your face that they ever liked that album lest they become "one of the crowd". Boring people whom I avoid at all costs.
Phil 2804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 12:28
grace_bozzy
Forum Member

he's quite big headed.
grace_bozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 12:31
daddy66
Forum Member

I know it's unreasonable but we've all come across a person...Well, who we just find plain disconcerting to look at.
My father-in-law has that chap from X Factor- Anthony Hannah, Eton Road.
daddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 12:31
kujo

Listening to his music is as appealing to me as being spoon-fed rancid camel bile and each time he does that half smile half smirk to camera I want to break things.
It's a shame really, I used to like him - now all I see is a bitter man that doesn't have the compassion to wish former friends well.
Old 20-02-2007, 12:33
maimou
Forum Member

I can't tolerate people who wink.
maimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 12:35
Murraymar
Forum Member

He's an idiot.
Murraymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 12:41
ludovica
Forum Member

Originally Posted by maimou
I can't tolerate people who wink.

ludovica is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 12:43
♣ Moya
Forum Member

I don't hate him.
I don't hate any one, but I have to agree with some other posters that Robbie goes have that smug look.
He does not appear to have a very endearing personality either.
♣ Moya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 12:45
craftwerc
Forum Member

What's to like?
craftwerc is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 12:47
rachelb65
Forum Member

Originally Posted by AaronG
Spot on.

He just gloated far too much for my liking
rachelb65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 12:54
MoistenedBint
Forum Member

Originally Posted by Caxton
He thinks far too much of himself. That permanent smug "I am great" facial expression he shows annoys me too.
I decided i didn't like him when he said that his life would be easier if he only had 100 left to live on in the whole world. Easy for him to say. I reckon he should have a huge cash giveaway, then he might start getting people to like him again.
MoistenedBint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 12:59
DaisyBumbleroot
Forum Member

Originally Posted by MoistenedBint
I decided i didn't like him when he said that his life would be easier if he only had 100 left to live on in the whole world. Easy for him to say. I reckon he should have a huge cash giveaway, then he might start getting people to like him again.
Starting with me! Id give him a second chance if he passed a few grand my way!
DaisyBumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 13:03
rachelb65
Forum Member

Originally Posted by MoistenedBint
If he isn't happy with it he should give it away and start again and see if he can do it all over again on his own...then we'll find out what talent he really hasn't got
rachelb65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 13:07
MoistenedBint
Forum Member

Originally Posted by rachelb65
If he isn't happy with it he should give it away and start again and see if he can do it all over again on his own...then we'll find out what talent he really hasn't got
Exactly. Welcome to the working man's club in Stoke Rob.
MoistenedBint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 13:09
steve_ludwig
Banned User

Originally Posted by Grand Dizzy

Why?

Rediculous thought of the day: "Robbie Williams doesnt take himself seriously"

I have never liked Robbie. He has his head lodged up his own arse and despite his best attempts to portray himself as a nice guy and a regular guy when he performs and his best attempts to make himself out to be the complex and tortured soul of an addict, he is still Robbie the successful but ungrateful and irritating tw*t. His charitable work (highly televised) makes me sick. He is just an attention seeking moron.
steve_ludwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 13:20
frost
Forum Member

Originally Posted by Phil 2804
He sacked Ritchie because contrary to popular belief Ritchie was not the one writing all the hits on his own.
What hit songs has Robbie written since sacking Ritchie then?
frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 13:22
brucie117
Forum Member

Originally Posted by frost
What hit songs has Robbie written since sacking Ritchie then?
Beatbox

Advertising space
brucie117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 13:30
Uncle Fester
Forum Member

Well I like him , I met both him and his dad a few years ago at Carmarthen Bay and got on well with the both of them

Get well soon son
Uncle Fester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 13:30
solitaire1
Forum Member

He sacked 'Guy Chambers' because he was a money grabber who put money before their friendship.. and he just wanted more.. and more..... and more..... and Rob did write those songs with him, it wasn't ALL Guy on his own like people seem to think.
solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote