Theory regarding time lords and weeping angels

Jon McManamyJon McManamy Posts: 130
Forum Member
I can't remember where I read it now, but I recently read a theory regarding the Weeping Angels
The theory goes that perhaps the Weeping Angels were ancient timelords who ran out of time energy (or something similar) and gradually became the Weeping Angels who need to feed on Time Energy to survive.

I kind of like that theory and personally think it'd be a nice twist to introduce one day but that's just me. What do you lot think?

Comments

• mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But why do they all look like angels as opposed to statues of Time Lords?
  • Jon McManamyJon McManamy Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    maybe they had angelic personalities? :P
  • MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember where I read it now, but I recently read a theory regarding the Weeping Angels
    The theory goes that perhaps the Weeping Angels were ancient timelords who ran out of time energy (or something similar) and gradually became the Weeping Angels who need to feed on Time Energy to survive.

I kind of like that theory and personally think it'd be a nice twist to introduce one day but that's just me. What do you lot think?

The Tenth Doctor explicitly says "The Lonely Assassins, that's what they used to be called. No one quite knows where they came from, but they're as old as the Universe, or very nearly." - I think a Time Lord might know if they were worn-out Time Lords.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not nessecarly- the Time Lord society could be pretty secretive when it wanted to and The Doctor was hardly their favourate. I can easily imagin them forgetting to mention it to him because they were embarrassed by the mistake in creating them.
  • SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No. Just no.
  • thorterrthorterr Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    hmm in the end of time ,,rassilon mentions the weeping angels? should he know them as the doctor didnt know them at the start of blink and why is rassilons 2 women by his side covering their face with their hands ? and the doctor knew one of them very well ? any explianation?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A part of me believes the Silence are Timelords, trying to escape the Time War. Their bodies are stretched & mutated due to partially existing in two dimensions simultaneously. As they exist both within time and outside of time - we can see them - but we can't possibly have any recollection of them. It would also explain why the Silence have proto-Tardis technology - and why they hate the Doctor so much.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    In The End of Time, Rassilon refers to "the Weeping Angels of old", and some believe that RTD was implying a link between the two there that he only kept implicit out of respect for Moffat, who created them.
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sh'boobie wrote: »
    A part of me believes the Silence are Timelords, trying to escape the Time War. Their bodies are stretched & mutated due to partially existing in two dimensions simultaneously. As they exist both within time and outside of time - we can see them - but we can't possibly have any recollection of them. It would also explain why the Silence have proto-Tardis technology - and why they hate the Doctor so much.

That could be interesting considering 'the silence theory' on John Hurt's doctor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    That could be interesting considering 'the silence theory' on John Hurt's doctor.

I'm not familiar with that theory. Do tell!:confused:
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sh'boobie wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with that theory. Do tell!:confused:

That after Hurt had the name Doctor taken from him he became 'The Silence' because that was what he brought after doing whatever he did (most likely ending the war) and then the order/religion was formed around him.

That's the Silence theory that's been going around a bit but adding the SilenceTimeLords makes it more interesting.

In conjunction with the Silence/time lords theory, it makes sense. If John Hurt's Doctor (which I do not believe to be evil) caused the/some Time Lords to change, mutate, they are more than likely going to want to take revenge or change the actions of the doctor, either to get vengeance or reverse their transformation. Obviously, the whole mutation will probably have effected their brains/memory so all they know is that they want the Doctor (or The Silence) dead, not which incarnation of the doctor, that's why they've still tried to be rid of the 11th Doctor.

Very far fetched but most fan theories are...

The prophecy says that on the fields of Trenzalore, the question will be asked and silence will fall. In The Name Of The Doctor, Dr Simeon says that Trenzalore was the result of the Doctor finishing the war. That's where TheSilenceTimeLords ask the question to make The Silence (John Hurt) fall and alter the events that mutated them. Or something a long those lines.

It started off so well in my head then it just got worse and worse.
  • thorterrthorterr Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    well the silence havent really been explained,and they featured very promenately in season 6 and there name keeps popping up ,,so the 50th should have them in it and linked to john hurt i suppose ,,things on drwho have to fit ,also think the 8th doctor will or should be in it
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    What if the Time Lock didn't fully close off the Time Lords? What if the Silence are a degenerate echo of the Time Lords - they don't stay in the memory because they are a forgotten race, supposed erased from all of history.