Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Puppeteer - PS3 14/09/13

Old 16-07-2013, 20:27
wildphantom!
Forum Member

From Japan Studio and a new hands-on demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCGOt...8Gard_LrTx0YsQ.

Game looks pretty great and the lighting looks amazing, really wish it had a Vita release. Sony seems to be pricing this quite cheap, you can preorder on Amazon for 22.49.
wildphantom! is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 16-07-2013, 21:16
Jenny1986
Forum Member

From Japan Studio and a new hands-on demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCGOt...8Gard_LrTx0YsQ.

Game looks pretty great and the lighting looks amazing, really wish it had a Vita release. Sony seems to be pricing this quite cheap, you can preorder on Amazon for 22.49.
I've been keeping an eye on this for a while, I love the art style it's just beautiful isn't it? And yeah the lighting looks fantastic too. Is there a release date for it? The ps3 is having a good year.

Is Sony Japan a big studio? are they the ones making Knack and include Team ICO?
Jenny1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 23:26
wildphantom!
Forum Member

I've been keeping an eye on this for a while, I love the art style it's just beautiful isn't it? And yeah the lighting looks fantastic too. Is there a release date for it? The ps3 is having a good year.

Is Sony Japan a big studio? are they the ones making Knack and include Team ICO?
The overall game looks beautiful. I think the concept is great by having it 'inside' the theatre and the story moving along whilst your playing. Yeah the release dates in the title: September 14th.

Japan Studio is a large development house, however in recent years their out-put has been mediocre. The Studio includes Team ICO (ICO/Shadow of the Colossus) and Project Siren have focused on Vita games with Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice. They also co-developed Demon Soul's. The team has had a rapid expansion in the last few years with RAIN, Puppeteer, Freedom Wars and Knack - hopefully The Last Guardian!

Hopefully Japan Studio will show more first party games at TGS
Old 17-07-2013, 08:35
Flawed-Tactics
Forum Member

When I first started watching that video I thought the visuals were like looking at the gameplay through a fishtank - sort of all shiny and reflective, thought it looked kinda cool. Then I realised its the shine and reflection off the tv they're playing on lol
Flawed-Tactics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 10:30
Nedubiz
Forum Member

There's a good interview with one of the developers on the Access Playstation channel on you tube. It does sound interesting - and the scissors look like they will be fun. I keep thinking this is a vita game for some reason.
Nedubiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 10:38
fastest finger
Forum Member

I keep thinking this is a vita game for some reason.
You getting confused with Tearaway?
fastest finger is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 15:31
Jenny1986
Forum Member

The overall game looks beautiful. I think the concept is great by having it 'inside' the theatre and the story moving along whilst your playing. Yeah the release dates in the title: September 14th.

Japan Studio is a large development house, however in recent years their out-put has been mediocre. The Studio includes Team ICO (ICO/Shadow of the Colossus) and Project Siren have focused on Vita games with Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice. They also co-developed Demon Soul's. The team has had a rapid expansion in the last few years with RAIN, Puppeteer, Freedom Wars and Knack - hopefully The Last Guardian!

Thanks, that makes more sense, I kept seeing games developed by Studio Japan, and started to wonder if there was more than one, or that I was reading it wrong. It must be massive, at least some departments actually put out games, (I'm looking at you team ICO)
Jenny1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2013, 19:26
gillyallan
Forum Member

Wow...anyone tried the demo?
Strange imagination but weirdly good fun. Love how it throws large gfx around as it goes from one set to another.
gillyallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 11:57
NorfolkBoy1
Forum Member

They've made Demon Souls and Gravity Rush and you say the output's been mediocre?
NorfolkBoy1 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 12:21
stripyanimal
Forum Member

Can someone tell me how to find the demo please? I'm a subscriber, but can't find it on the store.
stripyanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 12:44
fastest finger
Forum Member

Wow...anyone tried the demo?
Strange imagination but weirdly good fun. Love how it throws large gfx around as it goes from one set to another.
Just had a quick go. The 3DTV in this is very good, adds a lovely "solidity" to everything,

I couldn't get my head around how to play one player using the Move controller, perhaps that is just for a co-op experience??
fastest finger is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 14:01
wildphantom!
Forum Member

They've made Demon Souls and Gravity Rush and you say the output's been mediocre?
Demon Soul's wasn't their game they merely helped with development, like Sony Santa Monica helping with Flower/Journey, Unfinished Swan ( other PSN titles) and even aiding Ready at Dawn with The Order: 1886 on PS4.

The only games they've created in-house have been LocoRolo titles, Ape Escape and Patapon, not exactly great. Project Siren developed Gravity Rush under Japan Studio. Puppeteer comes solely under Japan Studio along with Knack.

I was hoping this would get a release on Vita at Gamescom, love the Rayman games on the system. Will probably pick up anyway.
Old 24-08-2013, 14:11
gillyallan
Forum Member

I couldn't get my head around how to play one player using the Move controller, perhaps that is just for a co-op experience??
I played with ds3. Best played with sound cranked up as the stage changes thump into place.
gillyallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 23:39
stripyanimal
Forum Member

Can someone tell me how to find the demo please? I'm a subscriber, but can't find it on the store.
Found it. Man, I hate the new store layout.
Old 26-08-2013, 09:48
wildphantom!
Forum Member

Found it. Man, I hate the new store layout.
Use the online store, much easier.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/
Old 26-08-2013, 12:02
stripyanimal
Forum Member

Thank you! I have no idea why I was so clueless, but I did not know there was an online store.
This will be most useful.