Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Arcade Fight Pads - SF4

Old 19-07-2013, 23:55
Zenton
Forum Member

I've been watching some of the coverage of the Evo fighting championships and its made me want to play Streetfighter again.

I've not played Streetfigther since the early 90's on the SNES. I remember spending 70 on a copy of the game back then!

I really fancy a Madcatz or Hori fight pad, they look like a fun way to play, slapping the buttons and moving the joystick. Hopefully I'll be able to show my young son some of the basic moves and impress him with my skills lol

Anyone have or can recommend a decent pad? I'm looking at a couple on EBay as brand new they can be 's
Zenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-07-2013, 15:33
BlueZane00
Forum Member

Hi,

I don't play too many fighting games so I'm going off what my friends say.

Generally, their opinion seems to be that Madcatz pads are pretty poor in build quality. One of my friends went through two in a year before buying a fightstick.

The Madcatz Tournament Edition fightstick, in contrast to the pads, seems to be well regarded. Not sure what you're budget is, but that stick can be found on Ebay for around 70-90.

You might find this forum helpful though I think a lot of the crowd there are in the hardcore bracket.
BlueZane00 is offline   Reply With Quote