big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dod we hear the govenor in that vid?
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know how true it is but I heard the Guv was making a return in the second half of s4.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda hope we lose the blonde daughter of Hershall this season. If she sings one more camp fire song, I'll lose control and throw the remote at the dog.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know trailers can sometimes be misleading but from that it seems to me that
    Tyrese's wife
    is getting killed off early in the season.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    I know trailers can sometimes be misleading but from that it seems to me that
    Tyrese's wife
    is getting killed off early in the season.
    I really don't think so as Sonequa Martin-Green has been made a series regular for season 4.....also its his sister, not his wife.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    It seems like quite a few scenes from the comics are being portrayed directly onto the show for season 4. That can only be a good thing.

I hope they give Michonne a few more lines this season too. It didn't seem like she was involved too much from the trailer but you can't really tell.

Was it me or did it look like Hershel had grown his leg back?
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    woo hoo.................best thing on telly !
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AMC revealed the newest season 4 poster today: LINK

Judging by the picture - it could be telling us that the gang will eventually leave the prison at some point in the 4th season.

And then there's this slightly older 4th season poster (which is from Comic-Con): LINK
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They would have to leave it at some point or the show may become very boring
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found something interesting.

The University of California (Irvine) is offering the public a free course based on THE WALKING DEAD tv show. It's called "Society, Science, Survival: Lessons from AMC’s The Walking Dead". The course begins on October 14, 2013 and will run until December 20, 2013 (that's probably around the 4th season finale).

If you're in the area during those months, then you may want to try it out. Enrollment started today. You can sign up here: LINK

On the surface it sounds rather silly but after reading the course description, it's actually very interesting. This is some of the things they'll discuss:
    • Maslow’s hierarchy of needs—is survival just about being alive?
    • Social order and structures—from the farm and the prison to Woodbury
    • Social identity, roles, and stereotyping—as shown through leaders like Rick and the Governor
    • The role of public health in society—from the CDC to local community organizations
    • The spread of infectious disease and population modeling—swarm!
    • The role of energy and momentum in damage control—how can you best protect yourself?
    • Nutrition in a post-apocalyptic world—are squirrels really good for you?
    • Managing stress in disaster situations—what’s the long-term effect of always sleeping with one eye open?
  • Options
    LucyyculLucyycul Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant wait for October when this is back on. Fingers crossed they have done away with the Ric going nuts rubbish as that was my only gripe on last years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lucyycul wrote: »
    Cant wait for October when this is back on. Fingers crossed they have done away with the Ric going nuts rubbish as that was my only gripe on last years.

In the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse I'm surprised all the survivors haven't gone a bit doolally
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    More casting news for the new season

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s135/the-walking-dead/news/a516415/the-walking-dead-season-four-adds-twilight-star-christian-serratos.html

Maybe that means
    Eugene Porter and Abraham Ford

will turn up as well
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The University of California course sounds very interesting.

When you think about the whole thing in broader real world situation there are lessions to be learnt on how to deal with natural or man made disasters so there is some common sense in there.

I think the CDC used a zombie outbreak to model how to deal with a pandemic a couple of years ago and some people took it at face value as rather silly but when you think of the spread of infection and how sufficently powerful illness could quickly cause a snowball effect it does make sense.

Wow got to stop being so serious. Anyway I do hope that they drift back more to the original books again as it will freshen things up and hopefully will allow the writers to expand things somewhat.

It would also be nice if we found other groups who aren't demented loonies or zombie snacks just for a change.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait. So excited snd intrigued by season 4. Hope it stays as strong as season 3
  • Options
    ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are Fox showing Season 4 in the UK and will it be on a Friday again?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are Fox showing Season 4 in the UK and will it be on a Friday again?

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/09/fox-sets-uk-premiere-date-for-the-walking-dead-season-4/
  • Options
    NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so excited for TWD I miss Daryl & Rick. I don't mind Beth singing lol.
  • Options
    soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has also been confirmed that AMC will be making a spin off series, with a target release date in 2015.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/24122967
  • Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,896
    Forum Member
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    I found something interesting.

The University of California (Irvine) is offering the public a free course based on THE WALKING DEAD tv show. It's called "Society, Science, Survival: Lessons from AMC’s The Walking Dead". The course begins on October 14, 2013 and will run until December 20, 2013 (that's probably around the 4th season finale).

If you're in the area during those months, then you may want to try it out. Enrollment started today. You can sign up here: LINK

On the surface it sounds rather silly but after reading the course description, it's actually very interesting. This is some of the things they'll discuss:
    • Maslow’s hierarchy of needs—is survival just about being alive?
    • Social order and structures—from the farm and the prison to Woodbury
    • Social identity, roles, and stereotyping—as shown through leaders like Rick and the Governor
    • The role of public health in society—from the CDC to local community organizations
    • The spread of infectious disease and population modeling—swarm!
    • The role of energy and momentum in damage control—how can you best protect yourself?
    • Nutrition in a post-apocalyptic world—are squirrels really good for you?
    • Managing stress in disaster situations—what’s the long-term effect of always sleeping with one eye open?

I wish that was an online course, I'd love to do it.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like we're getting it a day after the US this time, rather than five days as before.

http://www.thewrap.com/walking-dead-overseas-premiere
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Was it me or did it look like Hershel had grown his leg back?
    I think it's you. :p