Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 53)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,853
Administrator
phill363 wrote: »
DMGP is jumpy and out of sync :(

Human was a boring song

Continuation of: The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 52)

Comments

• Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    Oh a shiny new thread in time for tomorrow's results!
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks forum support for the shiny new thread :)
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks mods for the speedy response :) now, all you have to do is find part 3 and we'll be happy bunnies
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot how bad that Mohammed Ali song was :(

DMGP being out of sync is making everyone look like they are miming really badly , well worse than normal
  • Options
    avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    Just posting the playlist on the new thread for anyone who still hasn't voted in the official video version contest.

PLAYLIST

The deadline for votes is 5pm on Sunday, results will be after the conclusion of the golf so I'll probably aim to start at 8pm.
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot how bad that Mohammed Ali song was :(

DMGP being out of sync is making everyone look like they are miming really badly , well worse than normal

I thought they mimed during DMGP anyway? ;)

Votes have been sent, who would have thought that there would have been two entries from Poland 2008?!
  • Options
    cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DMGP 2013 is the best national final I've ever seen (seen most since 2009). Production, songs (yes, including Human and Unbreakable), interval, hosts - it could have been the real Eurovision and I'd have been thrilled. Shame that the YouTube version is out of sync, although doesnt DR have them all on dr.dk?
  • Options
    alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    DMGP 2013 is the best national final I've ever seen (seen most since 2009). Production, songs (yes, including Human and Unbreakable), interval, hosts - it could have been the real Eurovision and I'd have been thrilled. Shame that the YouTube version is out of sync, although doesnt DR have them all on dr.dk?

same views here! Well actually 'beautiful' was dreadful.
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avb wrote: »
    Just posting the playlist on the new thread for anyone who still hasn't voted in the official video version contest.

PLAYLIST

The deadline for votes is 5pm on Sunday, results will be after the conclusion of the golf so I'll probably aim to start at 8pm.

Expect my votes at some point around midday tomorrow. :)

Golf? Snore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    I thought they mimed during DMGP anyway? ;)

:D
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Votes have been sent, who would have thought that there would have been two entries from Poland 2008?!

and one of them was good :eek:

On to USFM Loreen and Lena opening :)
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    Seeing as Lena get's a mention- did you know she's a coach on The Voice Kids Germany?

It sounds horrific but that woman must seriously be omnipresent in Germany now!
  • Options
    alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Seeing as Lena get's a mention- did you know she's a coach on The Voice Kids Germany?

isn't Kirsta on the Finnish Voice kids show? seemed to tweet/instagram it loads!

edit: Just scene a clip do like her but f me she's annoying at the beginning of her speaking section http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15vDM7MALfM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Krista does the voice of Finland kids probably be worse than Junior Eurovision :eek:

I think in hindsight Germany should have sent Saint Lu but why she didn't try for Austria I have no idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    USFM cuts off just before the end of the jury voting, can't remember if there was another interval or not
  • Options
    JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay.new thread
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Krista does the voice of Finland kids probably be worse than Junior Eurovision :eek:

I think in hindsight Germany should have sent Saint Lu but why she didn't try for Austria I have no idea.

Yeah, I think Saint Lu would have won the Austrian NF by a landslide if she'd entered there. Most likely would have made the final in Malmo too.
  • Options
    yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    I want to find part 3 mainly to see what the forum thought of the bizarre opening/interval acts of Moscow 09, & indeed the rest of that contest, which is covered by part 3.
    Edit: we've added 50 parts since then :eek: How long will this one last?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member

I though USfM was all arranged by the record companies, not the artists, and they would have much preferred Germany as it is the bigger market and a more high-profile event than Austria.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    I'd be shocked if Saint Lu wasn't at Eurovision sooner rather than later. If Austria are going for an internal selection this year, as rumoured, that's probably who they're going to try and get.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just under two hours to get your entries in as the deadline is at 2.
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what's everyone thinking for tonight? Any surprises?

I think Tone will win. Blitzkids may do pretty well as well one thinks
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Anna Cyzon might just do it. Poland made a huge mistake not choosing her.
    Anyone remember how mad I got after their NF? Grrr!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Entries are now closed and we only have 40 contestants this week so only 10 will make it to the next round, playlist to be revealed after tonight's results.
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Anna Cyzon might just do it. Poland made a huge mistake not choosing her.
    Anyone remember how mad I got after their NF? Grrr!

They made a big mistake not picking Anna Gogola in 2011 as well:mad:
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really good standard overall this week, I had 6 songs I wanted to give 12 points to! It made me realise that what spoiled the German NF this year were the poor live performances, as a lot of the songs were really fantastic.
This discussion has been closed.