Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The 'I really couldn't give a flying chuff about the royal baby' thread

Old 22-07-2013, 17:54
barlowconnor
Forum Member

Has anyone seen The Guardian website? There's a Republican button which you can press and removes all mention of anything Royal from their website ...

http://www.guardian.co.uk
That's a good idea.
barlowconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-07-2013, 17:54
barbeler
Forum Member

Can we have one on here please, that removes all mentions of Peter Andre, Katie Price, The Saturdays and Maria Carey?
barbeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 17:58
2FS
Forum Member

Has anyone seen The Guardian website? There's a Republican button which you can press and removes all mention of anything Royal from their website ...

Cracking idea! Now just need them for the TV and Radio
2FS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 17:58
Grace In Love
Forum Member

I was just about to post about this, brilliant idea by them
Grace In Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 20:16
rattie
Forum Member

It's quite easy really, you just avoid channels or threads relating to it. Just because you're not interested doesn't mean many aren't.

I do that without feeling the need to rant about happy news. If some events create positive feelings from people, what's the problem? There are many things which leave me cold, but are actually things which make others smile, so what's the harm? None to my eyes.

Misery threads? Trouble is, they look like the outpourings of the bitter.
rattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 20:38
bumbar
Forum Member

It gets me how people like David Cameron say "The whole Country is excited about it".What makes him think he speaks for everyone in the Country.Although I don't wish any harm to them I couldn't care less about them.
bumbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 21:34
orangesmartie
Forum Member

Even in trying to avoid the 'blessed event' Sky see fit to put a breaking news banner across programmes. We'll say nothing of the fact they were an hour behind everyone else breaking the news.
orangesmartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 21:36
xorosetylerxo
Forum Member

Even in trying to avoid the 'blessed event' Sky see fit to put a breaking news banner across programmes. We'll say nothing of the fact they were an hour behind everyone else breaking the news.
same pisses me off

I couldn't give a damn about the baby loads of people have them
xorosetylerxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 21:54
SegaGamer
Forum Member

It's quite easy really, you just avoid channels or threads relating to it. Just because you're not interested doesn't mean many aren't.

I do that without feeling the need to rant about happy news. If some events create positive feelings from people, what's the problem? There are many things which leave me cold, but are actually things which make others smile, so what's the harm? None to my eyes.

Misery threads? Trouble is, they look like the outpourings of the bitter.
You can't avoid it, it's getting talked about everywhere. The problem is it's pointless news that should mean nothing to the world apart from the family involved.
SegaGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 22:08
2FS
Forum Member

TV and Radio were off. Still managed to get an alert from my tuneinradio app.

No escape from the newest freeloader.
2FS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 22:14
rattie
Forum Member

You can't avoid it, it's getting talked about everywhere. The problem is it's pointless news that should mean nothing to the world apart from the family involved.
For you perhaps but not for millions of others. Go find something of interest to you then, easy.

It's news of a happy event, whether you think it's irrelevant or not, there is plenty of news to depress these days, why begrudge those who like to celebrate this?

Can't see your problem. I'm sure there's much you enjoy in life you can focus on instead.
rattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 23:18
lozenger
Forum Member

I have managed to avoid it. TV/radio off and I'm just pottering about listening out for a missing hamster somewhere in my house.
lozenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 23:34
beccaann
Forum Member

As I'm Irish I thought initially that "Republican" button was for something entirely different. As I have absolutely no interest in the Royal baby I think its a great idea. How long before the "Kate pings back into shape after giving birth" headlines?
beccaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 00:22
whatever54
Forum Member

I liked Cheryl Coles tweet:
Congratulations to William and Kate!! So happy they have a healthy baby and everyone is good. Can't wait to see him now

made me think she was going to pop over to Clarence house with a gift, for a natter with Kate and a sneaky peak at the new heir.

Last edited by whatever54 : 23-07-2013 at 00:27. Reason: the DM misquoted her tweet a bit for some reason
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 00:47
lozenger
Forum Member

As I'm Irish I thought initially that "Republican" button was for something entirely different. As I have absolutely no interest in the Royal baby I think its a great idea. How long before the "Kate pings back into shape after giving birth" headlines?
About 5 hours I reckon
lozenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 01:16
lea_uk
Forum Member

Here is an idea, switch your computer off and go to bed.
Or not look at threads about the baby.
lea_uk is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 08:52
Leicester_Hunk
Forum Member

It's all this celeb culture. I don't remember all this guff when Harry and William were born. I remember being told in Assembly that William had been born but not all this malarkey.
Leicester_Hunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 09:36
Linda_Dean
Forum Member

I pretty much ignore most types of celebrity drivel. I didn't even know she was pregnant until sometime after it was announced and I can honestly say I hadn't given it a single thought since I heard the news. I didn't know she had given birth until I went to the BBC website this morning to look at the weather and there it was in the side bar. Now I see it everywhere.

I wish no ill on them as I would wish no ill on any other human. But as an outmoded institution of dubious origin, it never ceases to amaze me how there are people who willingly, sycophantically worship the royal family. They seemingly have no grasp on history or politics, and they certainly don't question why they exist. They just lap up the drivel.

I give as much of a damn about her giving birth as much as I'd give a damn about any other woman. What bothers me somewhat is the reaction to it, not just from politicians and media outlets telling me how I am suppose to give more of a damn than I do. But from real people, actually... giving a damn. Really spending their lives obsessing over this baby, discussing names, gossip, reading everything they can. I find it odd to say the least.
Linda_Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 09:43
Daughterqueen
Inactive Member

With one last moan her waters broke
And with tears of joy back we choke
It's a king! it's a king! doth the midwife exclaim
And over his people our sovereign will reign
For a royal event like this is so rare
And dear little boy your public care
Now its time for mummy to rest
So no more tears - don't be no pest!
Katie rest those legs your wounds will heal
It's all been worth the soreness you feel
We're so happy for you on this special day
And you can snub your nose at all those sayers neigh
The bunting, the joyness tis all for you
You've made us proud to be English that is so true.
Daughterqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 10:03
The Prumeister
Forum Member

For you perhaps but not for millions of others. Go find something of interest to you then, easy.

It's news of a happy event, whether you think it's irrelevant or not, there is plenty of news to depress these days, why begrudge those who like to celebrate this?

Can't see your problem. I'm sure there's much you enjoy in life you can focus on instead.

It's not the birth per se, it's the endless sycophantic musings about whether Kate will be a good Mother, will she breastfeed etc etc etc. IMHO, the royals are a waste of space and whilst a new baby is always something to celebrate for the people concerned, it's become absurd. I'm just surprised we haven't seen a close up of the royal birth canal yet.
The Prumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 10:09
Azura's Star
Forum Member

It's not the birth per se, it's the endless sycophantic musings about whether Kate will be a good Mother, will she breastfeed etc etc etc. IMHO, the royals are a waste of space and whilst a new baby is always something to celebrate for the people concerned, it's become absurd. I'm just surprised we haven't seen a close up of the royal birth canal yet.
Don't know why, but that conjured up a rather unpleasant mental image of Kay Burley in a miner's helmet.
Azura's Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 10:23
The Prumeister
Forum Member

Don't know why, but that conjured up a rather unpleasant mental image of Kay Burley in a miner's helmet.

ewwwwwwwwww

*mind bleach*

The Prumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 10:25
Gulftastic
Forum Member

You can balance that out by imagining that she's wearing it because she's stuck in a mine. Forever.
Gulftastic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 10:39
Julie_Evans
Forum Member

It's all this celeb culture. I don't remember all this guff when Harry and William were born. I remember being told in Assembly that William had been born but not all this malarkey.

We're talking about a totally different era when Wills and Harry were born - there were no Internet for starters, no 24 news channels etc.
Julie_Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 10:44
kaybee15
Forum Member

With one last moan her waters broke
And with tears of joy back we choke
It's a king! it's a king! doth the midwife exclaim
And over his people our sovereign will reign
For a royal event like this is so rare
And dear little boy your public care
Now its time for mummy to rest
So no more tears - don't be no pest!
Katie rest those legs your wounds will heal
It's all been worth the soreness you feel
We're so happy for you on this special day
And you can snub your nose at all those sayers neigh
The bunting, the joyness tis all for you
You've made us proud to be English that is so true.
You may be in the wrong thread. And I probably wouldn't go posting that on any Poetry Review forums either if I were you...
kaybee15 is offline   Reply With Quote