Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Katie Hopkins

Old 03-12-2013, 17:48
wordfromthewise
Forum Member

Really stupid and missing the point big style by launching a Twitter campaign to ban Hopkins from the TV for her mistimed tweet about Scotland.

FACT: She didn't tweet anything offensive about the helicopter accident..........she made a silly remark about the Scottish people = 2 completely seperate things.

It is only our terminally hideously shit stirring media that is trying to tie the 2 things up together to make it look like she was DELIBERATELY insulting the Scottish people at an unsuitable time.

I have no time for the potty mouthed stuck up cow but I have even less for the hypocrits and shit stirrers in parts of the media who play some members of the public for utter idiots by creating a totally false consensus opinion about things then serve it up as mainstream opinion...........the reality is that most people don't care anyway.
wordfromthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-12-2013, 18:32
Lucycon
Inactive Member

Really stupid and missing the point big style by launching a Twitter campaign to ban Hopkins from the TV for her mistimed tweet about Scotland.

FACT: She didn't tweet anything offensive about the helicopter accident..........she made a silly remark about the Scottish people = 2 completely seperate things.

It is only our terminally hideously shit stirring media that is trying to tie the 2 things up together to make it look like she was DELIBERATELY insulting the Scottish people at an unsuitable time.

I have no time for the potty mouthed stuck up cow but I have even less for the hypocrits and shit stirrers in parts of the media who play some members of the public for utter idiots by creating a totally false consensus opinion about things then serve it up as mainstream opinion...........the reality is that most people don't care anyway.
Agree with you.

She is a horrible shit stirring specimen, and the Tweet had absolutely no connection with the crash, but on the other hand she was still stupid enough to reTweet negative comments, and not apologise for the ill-timing of her own until Monday.

Hopkins, who has almost 82,000 Twitter followers, appeared to make matters worse by retweeting criticism of her, tweeting the following day: "Am told I am the Biggest Bitch in Britain. Following Independence I will only be the Biggest Bitch in England. Always a positive if you look." She added: "Yikes, I am being reported to Channel 4 and the BBC. In a moment I will forced to read the Labour manifesto and subscribe to the Guardian."

She later jokingly tweeted: "There appear to be a number of conflicting petitions out there to have me hung and quartered. Please do feel free to sign them all. PC tastic."

However, on Monday she tweeted, linking to a Scottish NHS document: "My tweet on Scotland was directly related to this article: I apologise to those I offended. It was poor timing."

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...ash-apprentice
No petition will get signed by me. That kind of outrage is exactly what she wants as can be seen from her remarks above, so I wouldn't give her the satisfaction.
Lucycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 19:08
dorydaryl
Forum Member

She was smirking and pontificating on 'The Wright Suff' last week when Peaches Geldof stupidly tweeted names of women who had knowingly allowed a paedophile access to their children (following their spat on 'This Morning'). Boot's back on the other foot now. Some of these gobby 'strong' characters need to shut it, listen and think once in a while before they flap their lips. Having said that, I do agree that KH was not making her 'ill-timed' remarks in direct response to the Clutha tragedy.

As for signing a petition to get her banned from TV and media- nah. Much as I dislike her, she'll burn herself out eventually. She's already becoming a self-parody and there are far more serious issues to get worked up about. Don't give her the satisfaction of thinking she's that important.
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:45
Bandita
Forum Member

Just seen this on my Facebook feed posted by my OHs cousin in the USA http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/3...-tragedy-tweet
Bandita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2014, 20:14
xxtimbo
Forum Member

Wot a boatrace.....!

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/gossi...100640919.html
xxtimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2014, 21:36
kelly_barnard
Forum Member

I don't usually like her..... But her newspaper article the other day summed up Josie Cunningham to a tee! 😂
kelly_barnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2014, 22:04
zx50
Forum Member

Just seen this on my Facebook feed posted by my OHs cousin in the USA http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/3...-tragedy-tweet
She's just an attention seeking troll who loves the attention she receives from her moronic remarks. Good on ITV for dropping her.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:16
livingdeadgirl
Forum Member

That fleece she's wearing in the first pic... I wonder who's nan she borrowed that off
livingdeadgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:29
dirty dingus
Forum Member

A one trick pony, she didn't have the humour to be a shock troll so most people stopped giving her the attention/pity she craved. I think the majority of sensible folk see her as an empty vessel sinking in her self made sea of shite.
dirty dingus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:53
zx50
Forum Member

The trouble with Hopkins is, she didn't seem to know when to keep quiet. She's said some pretty nasty stuff.
Old 01-07-2014, 18:17
xxtimbo
Forum Member

not seen her on This Morning for a while
xxtimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 18:24
zx50
Forum Member

not seen her on This Morning for a while
The producers have probably seen sense and aren't bothering with her in the future.
Old 01-07-2014, 20:18
milliejo
Forum Member

She has been making really offensive, bigotted, comments on Ramadan, so I doubt she will be on TV for a while.
milliejo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:50
BlueEyedMrsP
Forum Member

Blurting out the first thing that crosses your mind... it's a trait I associate with childhood. Katie seems like she never developed that filter that most adults have, the one between your brain and your mouth.
BlueEyedMrsP is offline   Reply With Quote