Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

A Good Day To Die Hard

Old 25-07-2013, 08:54
MrGiles2
Forum Member

Anyone seen this movie? I watched it on Blu-ray last night, and it is great entertainment with some great effects. The movie contains some of the all time great car chases ever filmed.

Emmerdale fans might notice the resemblance between the baddie and Ashley the former vicar. What with the beard; come to think of it, Ashley hasn't been in Emmerdale much lately, appearing in this movie perhaps?

Perhaps not.

Entertaining movie though.
MrGiles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 25-07-2013, 09:08
blueisthecolour
Forum Member

I haven't seen as it got an absolute kicking by the critics and my friends told me it was awful.
blueisthecolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 09:10
Inspiration
Forum Member

Didn't last 30 minutes before I had to turn it off. Dire hard. And if you think that's a good car chase, I suspect you've never seen Ronin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVaNBrYLvFg
Inspiration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 09:33
Trsvis_Bickle
Forum Member

Didn't last 30 minutes before I had to turn it off. Dire hard. And if you think that's a good car chase, I suspect you've never seen Ronin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVaNBrYLvFg
Or, indeed, Bullitt.

Some films you just don't waste even a minute part of your life watching, OP. Get the original Die Hard if you want to see how it's done properly. The first sequel is just about watchable but it was rapidly downhill from thereon.
Trsvis_Bickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 11:01
Paddy C
Forum Member

The first 3 movies are all excellent. 4 is crap and I haven't even seen 5 but have heard it's atrocious.
Paddy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 11:09
Evertonian5
Forum Member

The ending of Die Hard 3 onwards is when the rot set in on the series.
Evertonian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 13:49
YorkshireKat
Forum Member

The first 3 are the best, although by number 3 Bruce Willis was starting to act less John Mcclane and more Bruce Willis...the others are dire....with Bruce Willis just being Bruce Willis which he seems to do for every movie he is in now as if he cannot be bothered. They also became to super coppy I liked the first 3 more when he was just unlucky and seemed end up in these situations and was lucky not to end up killed.
YorkshireKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 15:49
JEFF62
Forum Member

Well I really enjoyed the 4th film. Bang up to date topical plot revolving around computers, great action sequences. A superb return after twelve years.
JEFF62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 16:17
MrGiles2
Forum Member

Well I do know that this movie was critically mauled, even movie fans rated it a poor effort. I just took it with a pinch of salt. Yes, I agree with many, that the first two Die Hard movies were very good, but in this case I just wanted an all out action movie with little plot.
MrGiles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 16:41
big brother 9
Forum Member

I liked the 4th film but thsi one just doesnt tickle my fancy at all
big brother 9 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 17:57
RedSnapper
Forum Member

awful - total rubbish.
RedSnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 18:38
NewWorldMan
Forum Member

I liked 4. With 5 I fell asleep near the end. Will probably watch it on video/TV at some point but it just seemed to be too much repetitive crash/bang/wallop.
NewWorldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 18:54
-GONZO-
Forum Member

Its not fantastic, but its not as bad as some like to make out either.
-GONZO- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 22:23
Old.Tallen
Forum Member

Well I really enjoyed the 4th film. Bang up to date topical plot revolving around computers, great action sequences. A superb return after twelve years.
Agreed, 4 was better than 3 IMO.

However, 5 is utter garbage.
Old.Tallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 23:35
big brother 9
Forum Member

Will there be a 6th?
big brother 9 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 00:02
Matt D
Forum Member

Anyone seen this movie? I watched it on Blu-ray last night, and it is great entertainment with some great effects. The movie contains some of the all time great car chases ever filmed.

Emmerdale fans might notice the resemblance between the baddie and Ashley the former vicar. What with the beard; come to think of it, Ashley hasn't been in Emmerdale much lately, appearing in this movie perhaps?

Perhaps not.

I thought that it was awful. Not just an awful Die Hard film, but an awful film full stop.

Terrible story, terrible dialogue, by-the-numbers action scenes. Absolute dross.
Matt D is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 00:45
Paddy C
Forum Member

Yes, there is gonna be a 6th. John will probably get killed or something and leave his son to take over the franchise and they'll beyond spit on the originals grave. No, wait, they've done that already.
Paddy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 01:03
barbeler
Forum Member

It doesn't help that Bruce Willis has been doing the rounds of press interviews and chat shows, revealing himself to be a thoroughly boring a***hole.
barbeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 13:55
dbob
Forum Member

Perhaps not.

wow you must be easily pleased! Terrible film, an insult to the series.
dbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 14:23
Brass Drag0n
Forum Member

Very underwhelming - I thought 4 was a good actioner, but 5 was just wrong.
Brass Drag0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 01:42
quirkyquirk
Forum Member

Will there be a 6th?
Only if a bunch of terrorists are going to take over a retirement home.
quirkyquirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 10:56
alfster
Forum Member

I couldn't even finish watching it...had 2 20minute stints at trying to get through it and it felt wrong and I felt dirty...it isn't a Die Hard film at all...the only Die Hard thing about it was the music. It was lazy generic, Willis seemed to just not be doing anything in it.

No one wonder he was bad in interviews he must have known it was a turkey.

Die Hard 4 was a Die hard movie...not the best one...one had to take into account modern ropes and the unfortunate ability to use more SFX to make more absurd scenes...but then again Die Hard always had absurd set piece in them.

As Die Hard 1 is one of my favourite this one just made me want to stop watching the film so it wouldn't contaminate the others.
alfster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 11:32
Old.Tallen
Forum Member

I couldn't even finish watching it...had 2 20minute stints at trying to get through it and it felt wrong and I felt dirty...it isn't a Die Hard film at all...the only Die Hard thing about it was the music. It was lazy generic, Willis seemed to just not be doing anything in it.

No one wonder he was bad in interviews he must have known it was a turkey.

Die Hard 4 was a Die hard movie...not the best one...one had to take into account modern ropes and the unfortunate ability to use more SFX to make more absurd scenes...but then again Die Hard always had absurd set piece in them.

As Die Hard 1 is one of my favourite this one just made me want to stop watching the film so it wouldn't contaminate the others.
Actually Bruce Willis is notorious for being awful in interviews. He always comes across as if he either doesn't want to be there or doesn't care.
Old 27-07-2013, 11:33
Old.Tallen
Forum Member

Only if a bunch of terrorists are going to take over a retirement home.
That's the plot to RED3
Old 27-07-2013, 17:53
Lith66
Forum Member

Watch this movie while I was on the airplane. Now I'm a really big Bruce Willis fan and I love die hard 1 2 3 but this one was bad and should be put to rest.
Lith66 is offline   Reply With Quote