Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Jailbreak ipad2 & 4oD

Old 26-07-2013, 10:56
Ozcabs
Forum Member

I've always used 4oD on my jailbreak ipad with no issues, however today when going to load the app, it refuses to work because of the jailbreak - anyone know of any way around this?
Ozcabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-07-2013, 17:18
BKM
Forum Member

I've always used 4oD on my jailbreak ipad with no issues, however today when going to load the app, it refuses to work because of the jailbreak - anyone know of any way around this?
You MIGHT be able to restore the previous 4od app version from an iTunes backup - but whether it will work with the new 4od servers is to be determined!

This (not working with jailbroken devices) happens a lot now with "streaming media apps" (eg Sky Go and Lovefilm) and, AFAIK, no solutions have been discovered.
BKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 18:22
samnoon
Forum Member

Install Xcon from Cydia. This is a free tweak that will prevent apps like 4OD from blocking your jailbroken device.
samnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 18:33
BKM
Forum Member

Install Xcon from Cydia. This is a free tweak that will prevent apps like 4OD from blocking your jailbroken device.
Used not work to for Sky Go and Lovefilm at least! Both of these had thoroughly defeated Xcon last time I looked - unless anyone knows if a working Xcon has come along since then.
BKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 18:46
Ozcabs
Forum Member

This worked!
Many thanks
Ozcabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:58
Robston
Forum Member

Many thanks, xCon works for me with 4oD on ipod 4 jailbroken. Just a shame I can't use my ipad 1 with 4oD anymore.
Robston is offline   Reply With Quote