Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

will this years final be held in another arena again?

Old 26-07-2013, 17:30
Zone_Out
Forum Member

Probably a bit early but do we know if this years final will be held in another arena?

As much as I quite liked them held there, I kinda want them to stay in the studio this year, plus I think they will folk out for actual guest duets too this year, with only two judges being singers this year, I always found the duets better in the studio to the arena.
Zone_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-07-2013, 19:13
EddyEagal
Forum Member

I heard it was at Wembley this year? I'm sure someone said that on here? I don't have a source to back me up though, haha, just what I've heard

I love the arena finals, I think they're amazing. They really make for event TV. I think it would be great if all of the live shows were held on a more impressive stage.

I thought the Wembley final in 2011 was incredible, one of the best productions I've ever seen on television. I hope it is at Wembley this year again
EddyEagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 19:28
BRITLAND
Forum Member

I'd like to see the O2 host the final since its bigger than Wembley & no point going back there if auditions were there
BRITLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 22:45
KnowAll27
Forum Member

Probably a bit early but do we know if this years final will be held in another arena?

As much as I quite liked them held there, I kinda want them to stay in the studio this year, plus I think they will folk out for actual guest duets too this year, with only two judges being singers this year, I always found the duets better in the studio to the arena.
I'd guess they'll leave the guest duet/mentor duet decision until the last possible minute. They'll already have the guest artists for the final booked, with a potential duet plan in place; but if Nicole and Gary have the finalists again they'll probably go down the mentor-duet route again.
KnowAll27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 23:38
uzzybuzzy
Forum Member

I heard a rumour it will be at Wembley while I was at the auditions.
uzzybuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 11:41
Hassaan13
Inactive Member

I'd guess they'll leave the guest duet/mentor duet decision until the last possible minute. They'll already have the guest artists for the final booked, with a potential duet plan in place; but if Nicole and Gary have the finalists again they'll probably go down the mentor-duet route again.
One of them will have to have two acts in the final if that is the case, or both of them even, if they go for a four-act final this year.

Personally, I prefer the guest artists. That's what provided us with moments such as Alexandra & Beyonce and Joe & George.
Hassaan13 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 15:17
Stuart1000
Forum Member

I think it would be a good idea to take the final on tour every year, visiting the biggest and most impressive arenas around the country. Especially now that the auditions aren't touring, it would be good to get the rest of the country involved in XF.

Glasgow's new Hydro Arena opens in September and looks quite impressive? As does the recently opened Leeds Arena?
Stuart1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 15:29
EddyEagal
Forum Member

I think it would be a good idea to take the final on tour every year, visiting the biggest and most impressive arenas around the country. Especially now that the auditions aren't touring, it would be good to get the rest of the country involved in XF.

Glasgow's new Hydro Arena opens in September and looks quite impressive? As does the recently opened Leeds Arena?
I love this idea

But, the closed auditions do still tour the country. It's not just based in London, they've gone to venues all over the UK.
EddyEagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 16:52
Rob200696
Forum Member

I want them to keep it in the studio to be honest, I always prefer the final in the normal studio for me the audience just get in the way.
Rob200696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 17:18
John_Lochery
Forum Member

I actually like it in an arena. it makes the final extra special I think
John_Lochery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 17:46
Sex
Forum Member

I hate the arena
Miss the studio
Sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 19:58
BRITLAND
Forum Member

It'd be cool but I think it's unlikely

1. Hydro is 3 months behind schedule & is fully booked till like next year, it also had a fire on the roof rob holding it back even more
http://www.tickets-scotland.com/venues.html?event_method=viewvenue&event_id=dd557520-144e-11e2-bd89-12313d233d40
2. Glasgow isn't as easy to travel to like Manchester & London,
3. Leeds won't get the final, not big enough name in Simon's mind to host his TV show's finale if you get my drift
I think Liverpool is a likely candidate though but it will end up going to Wembley which is kinda pointless hense auditions were just held there
BRITLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 21:38
big brother 9
Forum Member

X factor at the leeds arena would be epic
big brother 9 is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 22:36
Hassaan13
Inactive Member

Auditions were held at Wembley, but for the final, it's bound to be on a much larger scale, stage & production wise. Also, the audience capacity has looked larger for the final.
Hassaan13 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote