Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Samsung Galaxy s3

Old 28-07-2013, 13:13
victor mel
Forum Member

I have finally purchased a new phone choosing a white s3.
So far so good except a few niggling issues that someone maybe able to help with.
The volume button on the left side is very sensitive. Is there a way to block it so it doesn't work?

Is there a way when the phone screen is off to stop the lock screen coming on when I receive a text message?
victor mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 28-07-2013, 13:23
Step666
Forum Member

The volume button on the left side is very sensitive. Is there a way to block it so it doesn't work?
Not without rooting, I don't think.

Is there a way when the phone screen is off to stop the lock screen coming on when I receive a text message?
Just for when you receive a text?
I don't think so - you can sswitch the lockscreen off entirely but not for a specific instance like that.
Step666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 16:37
Lidtop2013
Forum Member

With regards to lock screen, if the reason is because you don't want other people potentially reading your texts, isn't there a option where you can set it so that only the first 2-3 words of the text is shown or just the name of the sender?
Lidtop2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 17:33
victor mel
Forum Member

With regards to lock screen, if the reason is because you don't want other people potentially reading your texts, isn't there a option where you can set it so that only the first 2-3 words of the text is shown or just the name of the sender?
Yes it is a privacy issue. I have managed to change the message so instead of a preview of the text it now says you have a new message instead. But the lock screen still flashes up for a few seconds. All I need is the identification light to flash.
I also don't like the phones built in text message sound alerts. Anyone know any good free alerts from the Playstore?
Old 28-07-2013, 19:57
swordman
Inactive Member

You can use anything you want for an alert just pop an mp3 etc on phone.
swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 10:46
McTeagle
Forum Member

I also don't like the phones built in text message sound alerts. Anyone know any good free alerts from the Playstore?
Download Zedge from the Play Store. It's free and has a massive selection of wallpapers and ringtones.
McTeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 13:25
Step666
Forum Member

Download Zedge from the Play Store. It's free and has a massive selection of wallpapers and ringtones.
I would strongly advise against that - these sorts of apps are pretty awful, they tend to spam up your phone a lot.

All you need to do is put the mp3 if your choice into sdcard0/media/audio/notifications/ and it'll show up on the list of notification sounds.
Step666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 13:42
swordman
Inactive Member

I would agree with above never use these programmes you can download anything you want if you Google it... Just the notifications folder on its own works fine for me too.
swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 10:27
victor mel
Forum Member

I have also found the volume is low & vibration too weak.