Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Films you won't watch on principle?

Old 29-07-2013, 17:56
MikeySaint859
Forum Member

The Internship ticked every box I can imagine.

As if two actors I can't stand in the lead wasn't bad enough, there were the aggressive YouTube and poster campaigns (etc) headed by dual idiots and sell-outs Vaughan and Wilson, and that was before the subject matter.
MikeySaint859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 29-07-2013, 21:55
007Fusion
Forum Member

The only type of film i won't watch on principle is a snuff film. Anything else, i'm open to based on my interests and how it looks.
007Fusion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 22:03
PunksNotDead
Forum Member

The only type of film i won't watch on principle is a snuff film. Anything else, i'm open to based on my interests and how it looks.
Pretty much this, and despite me absolutely loathing both Wilson & Vaughn i am actually interested in seeing The Internship.
PunksNotDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 22:05
Pink Knight
Forum Member

American Rom-Coms. Or films with Steven Segal. Most other films which hopefully are only pretend (in extreme cases.) I will.
Pink Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 22:14
afx237vi
Forum Member

The Internship ticked every box I can imagine.

As if two actors I can't stand in the lead wasn't bad enough, there were the aggressive YouTube and poster campaigns (etc) headed by dual idiots and sell-outs Vaughan and Wilson, and that was before the subject matter.
American Rom-Coms. Or films with Steven Segal. Most other films which hopefully are only pretend (in extreme cases.) I will.
How are principles involved in these examples? They're just films you don't like the look of.
afx237vi is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 22:15
quirkyquirk
Forum Member

Any gangster film.I have zero interest in films where every single character is a lowlife.
quirkyquirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 22:17
LaineyT
Forum Member

What I call blood and snot films...war or serial killer types.

Also anything that is advertised over and over and over again on the telly or in the newspapers.
LaineyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 22:18
Old.Tallen
Forum Member

Any of the Scary Movie sequals, trash cinema is an epidemic these days, so so many bad films being made.
Old.Tallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 22:22
peroquil
Inactive Member

Any of the Scary Movie sequals, trash cinema is an epidemic these days, so so many bad films being made.
I was just about to post "Anything starring one of the Wayans brothers"
peroquil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 22:37
halstation
Forum Member

How about an American Rom-Com staring Steven Segal? You have to admit it would be interesting to see how it would turn out.
halstation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 22:58
Dr. Linus
Forum Member

Transformers films or anything of their ilk. They are poison to proper film-making and the fact that some films are now clearly trying to ape the style and turn it into a genre of its own (thankfully unsuccessfully) is even worse.
Dr. Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 23:03
thats_racist
Forum Member

Powder, Clownhouse, Jeepers Creepers 1&2 - basically anything directed by Victor Salva.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0759207/?ref_=sr_1
thats_racist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 23:29
sinbad8982
Forum Member

A Serbian film is probably the only film I can think of that I wouldn't watch due to some of its content.
sinbad8982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 00:02
Vol
Forum Member

Titanic. I don't care if it's one of the most successful films, I refuse to ever watch it.

I've gotten a few 'Omg how can you have never seen Titanic?!' moments, which somehow put me off it even more.

I also don't watch any Horror films.
Vol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 00:48
Helbore
Forum Member

Pretty much this. There are plenty of films I probably wouldn't watch because they look crap. That's not quite the same as avoiding a film on principle. If it showed real rape, torture, murder or something along those lines, then I'd only entertain it on the basis that I might get the seller arrested for their efforts. But I certainly wouldn't watch it.

Anything else, I don't really assign "principles," to fictional film.
Helbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 01:36
Trsvis_Bickle
Inactive Member

Well, considering that not a single one has ever been found, I'd say you're on pretty safe ground.

Not out of principle but rather that they're desperately unfunny from the few I've seen, I don't watch Hollywood comedies. Also, largely because it's become such a lazy genre, I don't watch horror films.
Trsvis_Bickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 01:41
treefr0g
Forum Member

This is a film that I've seen but would not watch again.

A lot of people will disagree but 'American History X'.

The murder scene is just too much for me and spoils a film that I may have otherwise enjoyed.
treefr0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 01:58
Johnny Clay
Forum Member

Not so much a principle - more like 'why waste the cash?' - but I'll give a wide berth to:

Richard Curtis/Hugh Grant/Aniston etc - twee romcom pigswill.

Sub-Guy Ritchie/Winstone/Vinnie Jones/Dyer (inevitably) etc - subnormal, knuckle-dragging, mockney 'Hardman' crap.
Johnny Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 02:39
Jon Ross
Forum Member

Pointless remakes of classic films. Michael Caine movies seem to be especially vulnerable to this: Alfie, Get Carter, Sleuth etc.

The next Terminator film I will be giving a wide berth to considering how the franchise has deteriorated so far.

I agree with previous post on Richard Curtis films. Sloppy, puke-inducing, sentimental, posh, stereotyped and totally unbelievable bollocks.

Adaptations of Jane Austen novels - usually starring a posh girl like Kate Winslet or Keira Knightley - see Richard Curtis films for same reason.
Jon Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 05:30
Rincewind78
Forum Member

(Delete)
Rincewind78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 05:40
Rincewind78
Forum Member

Chick Flicks - love stories, rom-Coms, etc - because I'm a bloke! A single bloke if that. Everyone and their dog keeps telling me to watch Love Actually. But refuse and will never see it not even until the sun burns out and my bones are dust!

Also will not watch any more of The Amazing Spidarman films, as I hated the first film so much. And that's quite unlike me!! As I watch anything and enjoy super hero movies. But that recent movie was just so boring and just don't like the characters created.
Rincewind78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 07:19
bluewomble88
Forum Member

Anything that Tarrantino is involved in. Pretentious, pointless garbage to me and yes, I've seen a couple like Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction. Awful.
bluewomble88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 08:28
Andy Birkenhead
Forum Member

I will never watch Mama Mia, or Brokeback Mountain.
Andy Birkenhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 08:59
Fairyprincess0
Forum Member

Mama Mia and the harry potter franchies......
Fairyprincess0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 09:02
Fairyprincess0
Forum Member

Chick Flicks - love stories, rom-Coms, etc - because I'm a bloke! A single bloke if that. Everyone and their dog keeps telling me to watch Love Actually. But refuse and will never see it not even until the sun burns out and my bones are dust!

Also will not watch any more of The Amazing Spidarman films, as I hated the first film so much. And that's quite unlike me!! As I watch anything and enjoy super hero movies. But that recent movie was just so boring and just don't like the characters created.
I get somewhat miffed when I hear some say they won't watch something because or arbotery rules.

You shouldn't not watch chick flicks just because your a fella. To everything an open mind........
Fairyprincess0 is offline   Reply With Quote