Options

Best Retro Gaming Resources (for Reviews, Features etc)?

steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Whilst I have the current consoles, an up to date PC and regularly play modern games, I do occasionally like to go back to the classics (through emulation, compilations and even the actual systems where practical). I get a real nostalgia kick from looking at magazines and seeing reviews from back in the day too, I also think it is great that people use their valuable leisure time to make good retro gaming sites to pay tribute to nostalgia and actually take the time to review the games (and systems) of yesteryear.

One really good example I have found is the Videogame Critic: http://videogamecritic.com it is a US site so unfortunately you don't see Europe/UK only systems like the Spectrum or CD32 but the wealth of systems on there is mighty impressive and the game reviews, though usually no more than a couple of paragraphs are concise and interesting. I have found a lot of hidden gems I never even knew of through those reviews alone!

So the purpose of this thread is to share the retro gaming goodness :D so does anyone else have retro gaming sites they frequently like to visit for classic reviews, features or discussion and if so what are they? Or perhaps you might even run such a site yourself or know someone who does?

Comments

• Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Retro Gamer Magazine forum is ok now most of the trolls have been IP banned. The site took a serious nosedive and lost a lot of members but it's still worth checking in since it hosts some of the most knowledgeable people in Retro Gaming. It's UK based and also a good opportunity to get involved in the magazine since the editors are often posting and will print your opinions in the mag from time to time. There's also regular meet-ups/events if you wish to get involved.

You should pop over an introduce yourself, I'm sure you'll get a warm welcome.
  • Options
    StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Benway

is the place to be:
    Retro Gaming
    The old consoles
    8 bit / 16 bit machines

http://www.youtube.com/user/SteveBenway