Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Backing up my pictures

Old 29-07-2013, 19:46
Andy Birkenhead
Forum Member

I've never backed up my files (pictures / documents) before.
I have a few blank DVD-RW discs.
Do I have to do anything to the discs before I can put my pictures onto them ?
Andy Birkenhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 29-07-2013, 19:58
Maxatoria
Forum Member

nope, but as all good things try to back up your stuff and then goto a different machine and try to recover the data off them..also better to keep a few copies of the data at different places to cover for 99% of all f----ups
Maxatoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 20:32
max99
Forum Member

Nothing wrong with blank disks, but make life easier for yourself and get a USB stick instead. Calculate the total size of your pictures (and any other data) and buy a suitable-sized stick.

There are also plenty of free backup tools which will automate the process and make backing up quick and easy in the future.
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 00:12
evil c
Forum Member

I have all my files installed on a Patriot XT 16GB (14.8GB usable space) USB flash drive and the file transfer and drive access speeds are very fast. I recommend buying one to backup your pics. I formatted mine to FAT32 because I don't have any single files bigger than 4GB. If you are planning to store any HD videos on the drive though, you will have to format to NTFS. If you do buy one remember to eject it properly! Here's a link to the new USB 3.0 16GB drive: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Patriot-PEF1...sb+flash+drive
evil c is offline   Reply With Quote