Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Xbox One to launch 29th November??

Old 30-07-2013, 21:16
fastest finger
Forum Member

Not an official announcement, but Toys R Us have the UK launch date for Xbox One as Friday 29th November, giving Microsoft an apparent 2 week head start over the PS4.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/index.jsf?f...0one&media=web

Just another placeholder, or the first confirmation of the release date?
fastest finger is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 31-07-2013, 02:52
CJClarke
Forum Member

Not an official announcement, but Toys R Us have the UK launch date for Xbox One as Friday 29th November, giving Microsoft an apparent 2 week head start over the PS4.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/index.jsf?f...0one&media=web

Just another placeholder, or the first confirmation of the release date?
Placeholder, I practically guarantee it, MS haven't announced anything regarding the release date besides November, so any dates given on websites should be taken with a pinch of salt. I also strongly doubt that Sony will release the PS4 in mid-December as you seem to suggest, that really wouldn't give them much time before Christmas, both MS and Sony will want to give their consoles a good run at pre-Christmas shoppers. My bet is mid-November for both consoles, I'm guessing we'll get a more concrete release date at one of the upcoming gaming expos in August/September.
CJClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 07:13
iMrAn_666
Forum Member

I will be really surprised if the new Xbox does not come out on or before the new cod.
iMrAn_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 11:14
Danger Close
Forum Member

Placeholder. As above, I'm sure they'd want to get it out as close to CoD as possible. Nov 29 not a bad date but I can see it being pushed up.

PS4 has been listed just 12days before Xmas. Retail suicide, surely. If real, you really do need a pre-order.
Danger Close is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 11:23
fastest finger
Forum Member

Placeholder. As above, I'm sure they'd want to get it out as close to CoD as possible. Nov 29 not a bad date but I can see it being pushed up.

PS4 has been listed just 12days before Xmas. Retail suicide, surely. If real, you really do need a pre-order.
I agree. We've been discussing it over on the PS section. I think Xbox One will launch alongside COD around 5th November, while PS4 will be a week or 2 earlier to match Assassin's Creed and Battlefield 4.
fastest finger is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 11:23
Octopus_Prime
Forum Member

I will be really surprised if the new Xbox does not come out on or before the new cod.
I've ben saying that to a friend at work.
Octopus_Prime is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote