Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Three or T Mobile - iPhone 5?

Old 30-07-2013, 23:54
eastender789
Forum Member

Currently on Three's One Plan - just finished 24 months contract with iPhone 4. Very happy with iPhone but think its time I was up to date with iPhone 5. I called Three and they said that IPhone 5 is not part of upgrade phones for the One Plan. I have been happy with Three especially with unlimited data. I have narrowed new contract to two choices:

1. Stay on Three network and for 32 get 500 mins with unlimited data OR
2. Move to T Mobile network and for 27 get 500 mins with unlimited texts and data.

I have no experience of T Mobile so not sure. Anyone able to help and give me their opinions. Thanks in advance.
eastender789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 31-07-2013, 00:04
thebennyboy
Forum Member

I would personally stay with Three, you get TRULY unlimited data. On T-Mobile they cap mobile internet speeds at 2mbits with unlimited data tariffs. You will also get 4g for free on Three, but not on T-Mobile.
thebennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 00:35
coachtrip_fan99
Forum Member

You can get the iPhone 5 on the one plan for 36 per month with an upfront cost of 29

If you can do that on a new contract then I can't see why they wouldn't let you upgrade to it.

If not just cancel and start again.

The one plan is good because you have unlimited tethering to other devices
coachtrip_fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 02:36
MTUK1
Forum Member

I would personally stay with Three, you get TRULY unlimited data. On T-Mobile they cap mobile internet speeds at 2mbits with unlimited data tariffs. You will also get 4g for free on Three, but not on T-Mobile.
It's 4MBPS rather than 2 although I tend to get a maximum of 5 from the mast near my House.

OP Take my advice, stay with Three. I moved to T Mobile in March on a Sim Only and it's crap. Dropped calls. Crap speeds in Central London . Can't wait till my year is up so I can go back.
MTUK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 02:52
thebennyboy
Forum Member

It's 4MBPS rather than 2 although I tend to get a maximum of 5 from the mast near my House.

OP Take my advice, stay with Three. I moved to T Mobile in March on a Sim Only and it's crap. Dropped calls. Crap speeds in Central London . Can't wait till my year is up so I can go back.
I stand corrected. I would still advise the OP to stay with Three.
thebennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 04:40
Ashley_Bradbury
Forum Member

Yeah, I moved to Tmobile from three and am suffering all the issues you mention :/ Can't wait for the contract to end
Ashley_Bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 08:41
davethorp
Forum Member

I'd hang on for a couple of months if I were the OP. Will be new iPhones by then
davethorp is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 08:49
The Lord Lucan
Forum Member

Yeah stay with Three or if you can seek it out till September as a new iPhone will be out so iPhone 5 deals will be much cheaper (likely to be cheaper than normal for a recently replaced iPhone!) or you could opt for the new model.
The Lord Lucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 08:58
ecco66
Forum Member

I'd hang on, but switch to the One Plan Sim Only deal on a rolling 1 month contract - 18 for 2000 minutes, 5000 texts and unlimited data. Then if an upgrade offer comes along you can switch in a month.

Just call them and they will switch the tariff at your next bill.
ecco66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 10:20
McTeagle
Forum Member

I moved to T Mobile in March on a Sim Only and it's crap. Dropped calls. Crap speeds in Central London . Can't wait till my year is up so I can go back.
My T-Mobile phone dropped a call FROM T-Mobile yesterday.

Ten days until I enter the notice period - then hello, Three!
McTeagle is offline   Reply With Quote