Why can't DS use my new e-mail address?

jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know that I'm getting mail from DS (how I know doesn't matter).

But this mail is being sent to my old hotmail account, which I've been trying to close down for months.

I've gone into "Change email and password", with difficulty, and my email address is set to my current (new) email address. As it has been for at least a month now. But I "Save" anyway, just to make sure.

Any emails sent to me by DS should be sent back as undeliverable, which should have alerted someone. Unfortunately, they seem to sometimes re-activate the account.

So I'm going to alert this post, just to bring it to the attention of the mods. Should I get a message when I do an alert, does anyone know?

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    DS has half a million members. there is no one checking for returned mail. because there will be so much of it.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True. But the thing is I've had my new email address registered on here for well over a month. Why can't they use it?
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    i dunno.
  • PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the new address sucks?
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you get a mail to your Hotmail account, just hit Unsubscribe at the bottom.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to go into my hotmail account. I tried to cancel it a couple of months ago, when it was hacked. I changed the password, cancelled the account, and changed my email on about 30 webistes, including DS.

Then a couple of weeks ago I got a message from hotmail that there'd been unusual activity. So I logged in, and found various recent messages, including a couple from DS.

I've now made the password 14 characters long, and set it to dual factor authorisation. And then cancelled it yet again. And I didn't make a note of my password.