Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The X Factor USA Prize Reduced

Old 02-08-2013, 01:30
EddyEagal
Forum Member

Confirmation of this: https://twitter.com/TVGuideMagazine/...91375371198464

This is obviously down to the dire ratings last year. It's a shame because I thought the prize was quite a big talking point considering it's the biggest prize given in Reality TV history. But let's be honest, are Melanie Amaro and Tate Stevens really worth 5 million dollars? No. Simon obviously just isn't prepared to inject that much money into a flop.
EddyEagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:32
The1Kuda
Forum Member

Melanie could've been huge with right songs and promo. She had talent and potential to be a new Mariah Carey imo
The1Kuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:41
EddyEagal
Forum Member

Melanie could've been huge with right songs and promo. She had talent and potential to be a new Mariah Carey imo
I completely agree with you. She had an immense talent and had a lot of potential to be big, but the record label ultimately failed her.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:29
Jack_Faulkner
Inactive Member

$5 million was too much for the winner prize , $1 million is about right I think for the prize
Jack_Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:41
Remote33
Forum Member

Watch, the person who wins will become a massive superstar despite getting $4 million less.
Remote33 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 13:59
EddyEagal
Forum Member

Watch, the person who wins will become a massive superstar despite getting $4 million less.
haha, wouldn't surprise me. It's third time lucky to find some big star, it's likely to happen. Season 3 over here we found Leona..
Old 02-08-2013, 15:16
LemonadeMouth
Forum Member

I can't say this without sounding bitter but it still to this day really frustrates me when Simon singled out Cece Frey last season and said she wasn't worth 5 million dollars, and Tate Stevens was? Given the right kind of promotion Cece could have been a successful pop act, didn't matter that she wasn't the best singer that's not what being a successful pop star is all about.

Sorry I had to get that off my chest, having said that I really hope that this season is third time lucky and they kinda a breakout success.
LemonadeMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 15:45
Bjkaave
Forum Member

I wonder if banishment to the Astral Plane, never to be seen or heard from again is still part of the winner's prize.
Bjkaave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 16:47
Diceroll_81
Forum Member

I wonder if banishment to the Astral Plane, never to be seen or heard from again is still part of the winner's prize.
According to a post on mjs big blog, Melanie was recently spotted performing at a charity bowling event. So at least she has escaped from the ether!
Diceroll_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 00:56
BRITLAND
Forum Member

Still more than in the UK
BRITLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:32
Rui_Phillips
Inactive Member

I can't say this without sounding bitter but it still to this day really frustrates me when Simon singled out Cece Frey last season and said she wasn't worth 5 million dollars, and Tate Stevens was? Given the right kind of promotion Cece could have been a successful pop act, didn't matter that she wasn't the best singer that's not what being a successful pop star is all about.

Sorry I had to get that off my chest, having said that I really hope that this season is third time lucky and they kinda a breakout success.
Cece was awful and her cocky attitude would sell hardly any records. Main reason why no one signed her afterwards.
Rui_Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote