Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The X Factor USA Prize Reduced

Old 02-08-2013, 01:30
EddyEagal
Forum Member

Confirmation of this: https://twitter.com/TVGuideMagazine/...91375371198464

This is obviously down to the dire ratings last year. It's a shame because I thought the prize was quite a big talking point considering it's the biggest prize given in Reality TV history. But let's be honest, are Melanie Amaro and Tate Stevens really worth 5 million dollars? No. Simon obviously just isn't prepared to inject that much money into a flop.
EddyEagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:32
The1Kuda
Forum Member

Melanie could've been huge with right songs and promo. She had talent and potential to be a new Mariah Carey imo
The1Kuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:41
EddyEagal
Forum Member

Melanie could've been huge with right songs and promo. She had talent and potential to be a new Mariah Carey imo
I completely agree with you. She had an immense talent and had a lot of potential to be big, but the record label ultimately failed her.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:29
Jack_Faulkner
Inactive Member

$5 million was too much for the winner prize , $1 million is about right I think for the prize
Jack_Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:41
Remote33
Forum Member

Watch, the person who wins will become a massive superstar despite getting $4 million less.
Remote33 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 13:59
EddyEagal
Forum Member

Watch, the person who wins will become a massive superstar despite getting $4 million less.
haha, wouldn't surprise me. It's third time lucky to find some big star, it's likely to happen. Season 3 over here we found Leona..
Old 02-08-2013, 15:16
LemonadeMouth
Forum Member

I can't say this without sounding bitter but it still to this day really frustrates me when Simon singled out Cece Frey last season and said she wasn't worth 5 million dollars, and Tate Stevens was? Given the right kind of promotion Cece could have been a successful pop act, didn't matter that she wasn't the best singer that's not what being a successful pop star is all about.

Sorry I had to get that off my chest, having said that I really hope that this season is third time lucky and they kinda a breakout success.
LemonadeMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 15:45
Bjkaave
Forum Member

I wonder if banishment to the Astral Plane, never to be seen or heard from again is still part of the winner's prize.
Bjkaave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 16:47
Diceroll_81
Forum Member

I wonder if banishment to the Astral Plane, never to be seen or heard from again is still part of the winner's prize.
According to a post on mjs big blog, Melanie was recently spotted performing at a charity bowling event. So at least she has escaped from the ether!
Diceroll_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 00:56
BRITLAND
Forum Member

Still more than in the UK
BRITLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:32
Rui_Phillips
Inactive Member

I can't say this without sounding bitter but it still to this day really frustrates me when Simon singled out Cece Frey last season and said she wasn't worth 5 million dollars, and Tate Stevens was? Given the right kind of promotion Cece could have been a successful pop act, didn't matter that she wasn't the best singer that's not what being a successful pop star is all about.

Sorry I had to get that off my chest, having said that I really hope that this season is third time lucky and they kinda a breakout success.
Cece was awful and her cocky attitude would sell hardly any records. Main reason why no one signed her afterwards.
Rui_Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote