Options

Fantasy Coach 2013-14

Comments

• Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    jackyork wrote: »
    I can Swap you Chico for Sakho if you are interested.

Messaged you mate.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi JMTD, would you be interested in doing a deal for Bony?
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    Just a heads up to anybody that PMed me that I haven't been on properly over the weekend or these last two days barely. In agony all weekend with toothache and finally got seen yesterday and got some antibiotics that have been knocking me out nearly. Just wanted to give you a heads up, I'm not ignoring anybody, just one of the worst pains imaginable and now the tablets have been making me feel crappy.

I hope that you get better soon, that sounds really not nice what you have got there!
  • Options
    Season 74Season 74 Posts: 7,032
    Forum Member
    Any interest in Anelka? I'll accept your best offer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm shaping this squad, slowly but steadily!

Jelavic, McCarthy and Sterling all available for anybody interested.
  • Options
    charlieparrcharlieparr Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm shaping this squad, slowly but steadily!

You've done a good job with Boruc wages ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You've done a good job with Boruc wages ;)

Woops. Thanks for reminding. Was meant to sort that weeks ago. :o
  • Options
    fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got a few quality players nearing the end of their contract in 3-4 weeks time if anyone is interested.

Reid and Coleman: Not massive names but they've been awesome this season, both kept 6 clean sheets (ie they keep clean sheets more often than they don't, a record 2nd only to Spurs), both guaranteed starters and dirt cheap wages too.
    Cameron: Plays every minute for a decent team so excellent back up defender

Dzeko:Excellent supersub in real life so is the perfect starting striker in this. Effectively allows you to play 12 players each week.
    Remy: One of the best players in the game

I've had a few offers already so message me if you're interested.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So many offers for Petr Cech already. This could get expensive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm going to start to look at putting together a 2nd league this week, assuming I can get at least 10 more people interested. The leagues will be unconnected this year, as it'd be unfair to add relegation 12 weeks in, but from next year we'll have them linked.

If anyone knows anyone on DS who they'd like to recommend the game to, feel free to do so, just let me know who they are and wait till I put up the new thread to do so.

I'll be opening a separate thread initially, but might combine them once the games up and running. The thread isn't so busy now that so much of the game is on the site, so might make sense to have just the one thread.

Thought I'd let you all know the plan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What nutcase let Cech go into a bidding war rather than swap or sell him? :D
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    What nutcase let Cech go into a bidding war rather than swap or sell him? :D

I offered him a swap but Bhav refused because he wanted to re-buy Cech.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the website down for anyone else?

Wanted to bid for Cech but I can't as it says there is a php error :/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    I offered him a swap but Bhav refused because he wanted to re-buy Cech.

I was wondering why that deal between you 2 never happened.

It worked for the likes of Evra but it's a very brave call by bhavesh indeed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fab cesc wrote: »
    Is the website down for anyone else?

Wanted to bid for Cech but I can't as it says there is a php error :/

Can you let me know if it is back up as they block it at my work and I can't get a 3g signal. Also, does it say anything more than just PHP error and is it for all pages (or does it let you sign in and stuff?)

EDIT: I've managed to log on now, so don't know what caused your problem, but if there is anything more that the page said let me know. Did it just say PHP error in the tab and have a blank white page?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Warning: mysqli_connect() [function.mysqli-connect]: (08004/1040): Too many connections in /home/fantasyc/public_html/dbconnect.php on line 12
    Unable to connect to the database server.

That's the message I got every time I tried to just open the homepage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just wondering, when does a transfer's time stop increasing when a new bid is made? I've been watching the back and fourth Cech bidding and every time a new bid is made the time of it being done goes up. I take it that at some point it stops on a set time? Just wondering as when I was bidding for Bent he eventually went into 'pending' and the decision would be made at a set time and that time wouldn't change no matter who else bidded.

In fairness it'd probably be funny if it just went on and on with Cech you nutters :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just wondering, when does a transfer's time stop increasing when a new bid is made? I've been watching the back and fourth Cech bidding and every time a new bid is made the time of it being done goes up. I take it that at some point it stops on a set time? Just wondering as when I was bidding for Bent he eventually went into 'pending' and the decision would be made at a set time and that time wouldn't change no matter who else bidded.

In fairness it'd probably be funny if it just went on and on with Cech you nutters :D

It is Friday 9pm. The deadline is always 24 hours from the current leading bid, but can go no later than Friday 9pm.

So a bid on Thursday 8:50pm will have a deadline of Friday 8:50pm, while a bid on Thursday 9:10pm will have a deadline of Friday 9:00pm as it can't go any later than that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've just posted the thread for the new league. Everyone is welcome to post in the new thread. It'll be good to have some extra people to be able to answer some of the questions people have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've had enough of the messing around about Cech so I've made it interesting. I can go higher if you want :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've had enough of the messing around about Cech so I've made it interesting. I can go higher if you want :p

Woah. Think Bhavesh is not going to be happy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Season 74 wrote: »
    Woah. Think Bhavesh is not going to be happy.

That's the risk you take if you let one of your top players contract run out :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's the risk you take if you let one of your top players contract run out :p

I figured Hutchy must've left you a big wad of cash. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £24m! How'd it get that high?

Saw JMTD's bid of £19m and assumed that would be the end of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fab cesc wrote: »
    £24m! How'd it get that high?

Saw JMTD's bid of £19m and assumed that would be the end of it.

Getting to the point now where the winner might be the person who doesn't get him. I do think he is probably the best keeper in the game to have now though, unless Lloris and Tottenham can keep up their form.