Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

John Newman-Love me again-different video

Old 03-08-2013, 10:52
FishyFoo
Forum Member

Love John Newman's song "Love me again". Also loved the accompanying video with the Northern Soul dancers. Lately all I see is a newer, black and white, contemporary, video. Does anyone know why he's done a new one? The old one was brill, see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfihYWRWRTQ
FishyFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:26
ratty0
Forum Member

I've only ever seen the one you posted (the 'old' one).
ratty0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 17:54
boysforpele
Forum Member

nooooo! i love the one when he's dancing - it is so refreshing to see natural dancing on stage by an artist! But the song has become such a huge hit and maybe US is ready for a plan b styled male vocal, hence new video.
boysforpele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 23:07
Dizagaox
Forum Member

It's this one (blocked in UK): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4-Gt6dUVj0

Northern soul dancing is a bit obscure. Even people in the UK are a bit "???" by it, so not sure how international television channels would feel about playlisting it. It's also a very grimey video. The international one is safer.
Dizagaox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:20
FishyFoo
Forum Member

I saw an interview with him and he was describing how he wrote the video himself, wanted a Romeo & Juliet theme along with the Northern Soul dancing, as he loves it. Maybe the ending is too severe or, it's been "neutralised" to appeal to a worldwide audience. Also, whilst Googling, there was article implying it was the dancing that helped make it a No1 song. Compared it to Duffy, she had Northern Soul dancers and went straight to No1 too. The new, contemporary, version is good but once you've seen the original one, it can't compare. Just wondered if anyone knew the reason 2 were made.
FishyFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 23:16
Domenica_Lunedi
Forum Member

I saw him on Italian TV recently perform the song. The audience in Rome seemed to love his dancing!
Domenica_Lunedi is offline   Reply With Quote