Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Who are the worst dressed musicians?

Old 03-08-2013, 13:34
Gavin_muska
Forum Member

I've done a top 10 of the worst dressed musicians of all time
http://musicloudsounds.blogspot.co.u...l-acts-of.html who do you think is the worst? I reckon Kanye West and his leather skirt or Mumford and Sons are definitely some of the worst.
Gavin_muska is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-08-2013, 13:35
Hav_mor91
Forum Member

Rita Ora, Rita Ora, Rita Ora considering she is freinds with a high end fashion model you'd think she'd have soem clue but alas.
Hav_mor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 14:15
Sex
Forum Member

Rita Ora, Rita Ora, Rita Ora considering she is freinds with a high end fashion model you'd think she'd have soem clue but alas.
YES!

Rita was the persoN that came to my head when i saw this thread
Sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 18:17
ratty0
Forum Member

I often think Rihanna looks a mess... but to be honest I just don't like the quite fashionable style. Miley Cyrus is another one. I mean, massive pants and a crop top.... that kind of thing I find pretty awful.

Kanye's skirt was only a one off wasn't it? So I think that's a bit unfair. Though his trousers are often far too big.

Britney often looks pretty ungroomed and scruffy but she's got a lot better recently.
ratty0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 18:31
Makson
Forum Member

Rita Ora by a mile
Makson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 18:49
Hav_mor91
Forum Member

Rita Ora by a mile
It's soannoyig as everytime i see her i see what she was going for but it always ends up mor a disaster than fashion statement
Old 03-08-2013, 19:27
Makson
Forum Member

It's soannoyig as everytime i see her i see what she was going for but it always ends up mor a disaster than fashion statement
and you just know so much time and effort goes into each "look" for her which makes it all the more tragic when she gets it so horribly wrong time and time again.

I just think the main issue is that everything she wears looks like some cheap copycat look that a bigger star would wear (and pull off)
Makson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 19:52
Honestweegie
Forum Member

Alive... Emilie Sande
Dead... Michael Hutchence
Honestweegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 20:08
mialicious
Forum Member

christina aguilera
eminem
nicki minaj
prince
mialicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 20:33
unknown17
Inactive Member

There's loads of them around at the moment but Jessie J is possibly the worst dressed woman ever. She looks horrendous in whatever she wears and those one piece things she wears are disgusting.

She needs to go away
unknown17 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 23:01
bbclassics
Forum Member

Nicki Minaj
Lady Gaga
Jessie J
Rita Ora
Rihanna
Miley Cyrus
Little Mix

Nearly always wear ugly outfits

I dont really have much interest in male fashion so I guess I'd nominate (for males) Kanye West, Kriss Kross (remember them!) and Vanilla Ice
bbclassics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 23:16
Hav_mor91
Forum Member

and you just know so much time and effort goes into each "look" for her which makes it all the more tragic when she gets it so horribly wrong time and time again.

I just think the main issue is that everything she wears looks like some cheap copycat look that a bigger star would wear (and pull off)
Yes exactly she is aiming for hig end avant garde fashion but it always looks brgain basement or like she's fallen through a charity shop window. It's like Eddie on Ab Fab highly fashion conscious but hasn't a clue how to wear it

And Emeli Sande agree she looks mid-thirties and she is only late 20's.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:20
rfonzo
Forum Member

Britney Spears
The whole of the band Wizard
Liam Gallagher- His clothing range is crap
Lady Gaga
Miley Cyrus.
rfonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:32
ChristmasCake
Forum Member

Justin Bieber

/End thread.
ChristmasCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:53
elasticlove
Forum Member

I would've definitely put Nicki Minaj on there.
elasticlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:16
exlordlucan
Forum Member

Peruvian pan pipe players.
exlordlucan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:17
Rae_Amury
Forum Member

Lady Gaga
Nicky Minaj
Miley Cyrus
Britney Spears
Rae_Amury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:18
mgvsmith
Forum Member

I've done a top 10 of the worst dressed musicians of all time
http://musicloudsounds.blogspot.co.u...l-acts-of.html who do you think is the worst? I reckon Kanye West and his leather skirt or Mumford and Sons are definitely some of the worst.
It's a really good question because it illustrates a possible change in the relationship between pop music and fashion.

It used to be that pop musicians used to set trends in fashion, I'm thinking of the swinging 60s, glam rock early 70s, punk late 70s and new romantics of the 80s. Now it seems pop musicians don't even know how to follow fashion.

I see all these comments about Little Mix for example and who's their stylist? Little Mix should be their own stylists. Who was Bananarama's stylist? They were.

And consider how often they have been plundered since - Thelma and Louise, Rita Ora, Stooshe even..

And worst dressed band...U2..they haven't a clue...with the possible exception of Larry
mgvsmith is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:44
mushymanrob
Forum Member

It's a really good question because it illustrates a possible change in the relationship between pop music and fashion.

It used to be that pop musicians used to set trends in fashion, I'm thinking of the swinging 60s, glam rock early 70s, punk late 70s and new romantics of the 80s. Now it seems pop musicians don't even know how to follow fashion.

I see all these comments about Little Mix for example and who's their stylist? Little Mix should be their own stylists. Who was Bananarama's stylist? They were.

And consider how often they have been plundered since - Thelma and Louise, Rita Ora, Stooshe even..

And worst dressed band...U2..they haven't a clue...with the possible exception of Larry
good point there sir!

thought it was a daft question though.... who cares who dresses in what? its the music that matters not their dress..
mushymanrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:05
mgvsmith
Forum Member

good point there sir!

thought it was a daft question though.... who cares who dresses in what? its the music that matters not their dress..
The list the OP put up includes Peter Gabriel, Lady Gaga, Lordi, Goat, etc...all of whom are in costume or in character really. I would say odd costumes but not necessarily badly dressed.

Is it Bowie who has to answer for a lot of that? Although he is a dude who would never be caught poorly dressed.
mgvsmith is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:15
Hollie_Louise
Forum Member

Bieber, Lady Gaga (costume or not the woman wore a steak as a hat), Katy Perry, Jessie J, Rihanna, Rita Ora, Stooshe, Justin Timberlake (but that's only because I think it should be a global law that he just performs in his boxers, if not naked)
Hollie_Louise is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:17
Sex
Forum Member

Justin Timberlake (but that's only because I think it should be a global law that he just performs in his boxers, if not naked)
Hear Hear!
Old 04-08-2013, 17:24
MagicCoppelia
Forum Member

Justin Beiber. I want to rip off that stupid hat perched permanently atop his stupid big head.
MagicCoppelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 19:17
speedy_gonzales
Forum Member

liam gallagher,
always dressed like a complete and utter doss bag,also he looks like he gets his haircut by the manchester city council.
speedy_gonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 19:35
Sex
Forum Member

Justin Beiber. I want to rip off that stupid hat perched permanently atop his stupid big head.
it's those large puffy pants that annoy me

i wonder who started that trend