Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Sam winning would highlight what is wrong with Big Brother!

Old 04-08-2013, 11:52
Stube
Forum Member

People actually willing to spend their own money voting for someone who has provided zero entertainment this year in an entertainment show and if he was never there, then nothing would be any different.

Fair enough if you don't like any of the big personalities then don't vote for any of them but I really don't see the point in voting for Sam other than to stop any of the others winning? He's beige wallpaper.

EDIT: Also I've been saying this from the first week before anyone claims I am jumping on the bandwagon.
Stube is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:55
Potkettle
Forum Member

People actually willing to spend their own money voting for someone who has provided zero entertainment this year in an entertainment show and if he was never there, then nothing would be any different.

Fair enough if you don't like any of the big personalities then don't vote for any of them but I really don't see the point in voting for Sam other than to stop any of the others winning? He's beige wallpaper.
Nobody is making you vote for him. It is entirely up to people to choose who they want to vote for. I don't see the problem!
Potkettle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:55
Cornchips
Forum Member

I agree with you completely.

The vote to evict hasn't helped this year - it means that the radar flyers have a much better chance of making the final and then of winning as all the decent HMs have left.

It will serve no purpose for future years as we will just get people doing nothing for weeks on end in the hope of making it to the final and then wake up for the last couple of weeks.

I have nothing against Sam particularly (other than his occasional inappropriate comments about women) but he has not made good TV.

People can spend their money on voting for who they want though to be fair.
Cornchips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:59
Wee Tinkers
Forum Member

If that's the case then you starting this thread indicates what is wrong with DS. Too many people so sure that their way is right. If I want to spend my money voting for someone I think is decent, honest even if a bit dull over someone who's obnoxious, controversial, untrustworthy and full of keek who are you to tell me that's wrong? D'ffrent strokes is all.
Wee Tinkers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:00
amelie74
Forum Member

I've found Sam boring, occasionally rude and crude and he seems to view women as sex objects. Do I think he'd have got onto BB if he'd had normal hearing - no way.

However if people want to spend money voting for him to win that's their choice. Maybe next year we'll have 14 contestants like Sam - that'd be fun.
amelie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:03
Chief Kegwin
Forum Member

Yeah, Sam winning would be like an extra winning the best actor award.
Chief Kegwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:03
spkx
Forum Member

If Sam wins then clearly he's not been boring, as people are voting for him.

Really boring people would be out first on final night (think BB7's Jenny)
spkx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:04
Roland Mouse
Inactive Member

Ah! And now a whole thread of just opinion posted like it's fact.

The fact is that many people find Sam entertaining and loud back-stabbing morons, not!

A whole generation that if they don't get their fix of chav TV morons, they don't feel entertained.
Roland Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:04
bbean
Forum Member

I agree with you completely.

The vote to evict hasn't helped this year - it means that the radar flyers have a much better chance of making the final and then of winning as all the decent HMs have left.

It will serve no purpose for future years as we will just get people doing nothing for weeks on end in the hope of making it to the final and then wake up for the last couple of weeks.

I have nothing against Sam particularly (other than his occasional inappropriate comments about women) but he has not made good TV.
I agree. I reckon a vote to save should be brought in at this stage as hopefully it'll reward those adding something to the show, no matter if good or bad. Sam comes into neither category in my opinion as he's added very little in the way of entertainment.
bbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:05
muggins14
Forum Member

If that's the case then you starting this thread indicates what is wrong with DS. Too many people so sure that their way is right. If I want to spend my money voting for someone I think is decent, honest even if a bit dull over someone who's obnoxious, controversial, untrustworthy and full of keek who are you to tell me that's wrong? D'ffrent strokes is all.
I'm with you there WT.

WT FTW
muggins14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:08
Penny Pitstop
Inactive Member

Exactly what I think too. To be honest I'm not fussed on any of the remaining housemates but if I had to choose a winner mine would probably be Sam.

I think a lot of fm's are now worried about their own favourites chances and are lashing out at anyone who may stand in their way.
Penny Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:09
Lindor1
Forum Member

Sam would only win because the stronger characters are more noticed and the viewers who are rivals between liking and hating the other, stronger contestants, would ensure he would slip through the eviction net to the very end.
Lindor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:09
EnJayKing
Forum Member

For me I find Sam's cheesy jokes the best part of the show since Dan left so that's why I will vote for Sam to win.
EnJayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:10
Rupert da bear
Forum Member

I have an idea. BB on BBOTS for instance show what is happening on twitter and facebook. They show this as percentages. Why not use this early on in the show. They could say... this week the housemates up for eviction are A,B &C and the reason is because they polled the lowest online media interest through twitter and facebook. That way the ones not willing to take part get put up for eviction.
Rupert da bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:11
Potkettle
Forum Member

Exactly what I think too. To be honest I'm not fussed on any of the remaining housemates but if I had to choose a winner mine would probably be Sam.

I think a lot of fm's are now worried about their own favourites chances and are lashing out at anyone who may stand in their way.
I think you hit the nail on the head there!
Potkettle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:11
slappers r us
Forum Member

For me I find Sam's cheesy jokes the best part of the show since Dan left so that's why I will vote for Sam to win.
What jokes would that be
slappers r us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:17
EnJayKing
Forum Member

What jokes would that be
The one liners that only seem to be shown on BOTS.
EnJayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:22
dog_eat_dog
Forum Member

People had a chance to vote him out a few weeks ago, but wanted Dan out more instead. The same people then complain about boring HMs being left in the final.

I think the vote to evict and numerous silly twists are more problematic than anything else.

Saying that, I quite like Sam and think the only reason he hasn't had the airtime of some of the others is because most of the other HMs don't bother including him in conversations much and as a result, he's been pretty isolated.

I don't think he will win, but if it prompts BB to bring back a vote to save, then maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing.
dog_eat_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:40
Syntax Error
Forum Member

Don't criticise Sam, OP; apparently it's not allowed, but it is OK to criticise the other HMs.
Syntax Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:47
Stube
Forum Member

People had a chance to vote him out a few weeks ago, but wanted Dan out more instead. The same people then complain about boring HMs being left in the final.
How do you know they are the same people? It was probably Sam's fanbase voting out Dan. I wanted Dan to stay and wanted Sam or Sophie to go.
Stube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:50
dog_eat_dog
Forum Member

How do you know they are the same people? It was probably Sam's fanbase voting out Dan. I wanted Dan to stay and wanted Sam or Sophie to go.
I've seen quite a lot of posters who wanted Dan out, now complaining about Sam maybe reaching the final.

I wasn't referring to you OP, more so Dan's detractors at the time.
dog_eat_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:53
eyespy
Forum Member

I would rather Hazel or the twins win.
eyespy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:56
WeeJintyMcGinty
Forum Member

People watch the show for different reasons and choose their favourites based on different criteria, any vote is as valid as another.

I'm not sure why people get so hung up on who actually wins, as long as some reasonably entertaining HMs make it to the end I'm happy. By this stage I've usually lost interest lol
WeeJintyMcGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:59
Wee Tinkers
Forum Member

Don't criticise Sam, OP; apparently it's not allowed, but it is OK to criticise the other HMs.
That isn't point, but I think you know that. It's not about criticising. It's about viewers getting what they want from the show and voting for whoever they like without being told they are 'wrong'.

And besides if some quarters are to be believed Sam has been virtually invisible so there really couldn't much to criticise, eh. Can't have it both ways.
Wee Tinkers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:59
Tissy
Forum Member

I would rather Hazel or the twins win.

No not the twins please
Tissy is offline   Reply With Quote