Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Galaxy Tab 2 Update

Old 04-08-2013, 17:09
cmorris
Forum Member

When will Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 be updated to either 4.2or 4.3 on Android? and if there is an update how do I get this.

On my phone I did this via the Samsung Kies software
cmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:10
cmorris
Forum Member

Could someone please tell me
Old 05-08-2013, 08:26
lettice
Forum Member

For the Tab 2 7.0 models, 4.2.2 is available, but for the Tab 2 10.1 it is not currently.
Samsung have said they will be updating many of their devices to 4.2.2 by end September and some Samsung devices will jump straight to 4.3
Android 4.2.2 will probably be final version of Google's Jelly Bean to be available for update on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

To update, when available;
Settings About tablet Software update, or by connecting the Tab 2 to a PC where Samsung Kies is installed
lettice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 14:05
SkipTracer
Forum Member

If and when the updates happen you will get them here.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/#firmware
SkipTracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:33
alves
Forum Member

To avoid starting a new thread on this, does anybody know if updates for an 8.9 tab will continue, or is this pretty much old and done with now?
alves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 13:06
Mr. Cool
Inactive Member

To avoid starting a new thread on this, does anybody know if updates for an 8.9 tab will continue, or is this pretty much old and done with now?
Samsung is no longer supporting the Galaxy Tab 8.9. Samsung so far have been generally speedy when it comes to updates.
Mr. Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 13:13
Anika Hanson
Forum Member

I can't imagine that the tab 2 10.1 will get many more updates. I was suprised it even got jelly bean. 4.2 would be nice though.
Anika Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 13:33
alves
Forum Member

Samsung is no longer supporting the Galaxy Tab 8.9. Samsung so far have been generally speedy when it comes to updates.
Thanks. I feared that could be the case.

I don't NEED to update my tablet as such, but quite fancied a newer one.

I'm holding out for Sky Go eventually launching on a few more tablets - not convinced it will be made available on the 8.9 either!
Old 07-08-2013, 17:34
lettice
Forum Member

Thanks. I feared that could be the case.

I don't NEED to update my tablet as such, but quite fancied a newer one.

I'm holding out for Sky Go eventually launching on a few more tablets - not convinced it will be made available on the 8.9 either!
Hang in there
Thats not set in stone yet. I have seen on a few roadmaps for the generic 4.3 update, that yours may get that update, which will be the last for that device I expect.
Its not certain yet, but expect some announcements in September. Samsung are working through all their devices slowly over next few months to get as many as possible up to 4.3, before end of year or early next year when the next major update takes off.

Think you should be ok in the later phases of the Sky go recent announcement for Android phone/tablets. Hope you signed up to the android sky go beta a few days back.
Old 07-08-2013, 17:58
alves
Forum Member

Thanks for that lettice. I'll hold fire and see what happens next month then.

I saw the recent Sky Go announcement - I haven't signed up for the beta though.
Old 07-08-2013, 18:26
lettice
Forum Member

Thanks for that lettice. I'll hold fire and see what happens next month then.

I saw the recent Sky Go announcement - I haven't signed up for the beta though.
Still time to sign up for the beta, but be quick deadline is lunchtime tomorrow.
http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-App/...p/td-p/1248446
Old 07-08-2013, 18:32
alves
Forum Member

Still time to sign up for the beta, but be quick deadline is lunchtime tomorrow.
http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-App/...p/td-p/1248446
Thanks - will do that!
Old 07-08-2013, 18:43
Mr. Cool
Inactive Member

Hang in there
Thats not set in stone yet. I have seen on a few roadmaps for the generic 4.3 update, that yours may get that update, which will be the last for that device I expect.
Its not certain yet, but expect some announcements in September. Samsung are working through all their devices slowly over next few months to get as many as possible up to 4.3, before end of year or early next year when the next major update takes off.

Think you should be ok in the later phases of the Sky go recent announcement for Android phone/tablets. Hope you signed up to the android sky go beta a few days back.
It won't. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Tab 8.9 have not received an update to 4.1, never mind 4.3. There was reports of Samsung testing 4.1 on these devices but the results weren't satisfactory (possibly the underpowered Tegra 2 processor found in both tablets).
Mr. Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 13:28
cmorris
Forum Member

I did an upgrade and have received 4.2.2, is this the September update we were waiting for or will it give me another upgrade to 4.3?.

Have I received the September update early then? or not
Old 02-09-2013, 14:30
Anika Hanson
Forum Member

Yes it's been getting updated to 4.2.2 although I imagine this will be is last update but still worth getting. I haven't been able to update mine yet.
Anika Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote