Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Skybox F5 info

Old 06-08-2013, 16:48
Neil_Godliman
Forum Member

Hi everyone, I have joined the forum for some advice and figured you guys would be the best to ask. A friend has told be that if i buy a Skybox F5 and connect it up to my Sky satellite dish and my router via ethernet cable, then i will be able to view all the Sky channels i would usually have to pay for? It sounds a bit too good to be true to me so, is it really that simple? Thanks for any info. Neil.
Neil_Godliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 06-08-2013, 16:57
chrisjr
Forum Member

If you are not paying Sky for those channels then you are not exactly getting them legitimately are you? The only legitimate way to get Sky subscription channels is to take out a Sky subscription.
chrisjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 17:22
mac2708
Forum Member

From the forum rules:
2.17 - Illegal activity
Discussions regarding illegal activities such as 'chipping', 'patching' and methods of distributing copyrighted material for free are not permitted.

There are plenty of forums that will discuss using the Skybox (legally sold as a FTA receiver) in the way you describe but this isn't one of them
mac2708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 17:37
Neil_Godliman
Forum Member

Ah ok, thanks, i thought it was too good to be true!
Neil_Godliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 19:30
chrisjr
Forum Member

Ah ok, thanks, i thought it was too good to be true!
Well fairly obviously if there was a legitimate method of getting Sky subscription channels for free everybody would be using it. And Sky would probably be out of business now as I seriously doubt their advertising revenue alone could pay for things like the footie.

The box will however work as a basic free to air receiver but not entirely sure if you get any sort of EPG with it though.
chrisjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 22:25
mac2708
Forum Member

The box will however work as a basic free to air receiver but not entirely sure if you get any sort of EPG with it though.
Basically 'Now and Next' on most satellites with the exception of some German channels on 19E where a 7 day and even sometimes (so I've read) a 30 day EPG
mac2708 is offline   Reply With Quote