Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Xbox One Community chat

Old 13-08-2013, 11:43
Red Arrow
Forum Member

Please leave all negative comments at the door

So, for those who are getting an Xbox One let's discuss what were looking forward too in here.

For me I'm interested in the new tech they are introducing including the Kinect 2. I know a lot of people don't like it but I'm interested to see where the developers take it now they know all owners have one. Even simple things like voice commands or scanning your face can have so much potential.

Oh and I'm looking forward to Forza 4, that game just looks amazing. 40% slower than PS4? Meh! Just look at that game
Red Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-08-2013, 11:49
Red Arrow
Forum Member

Oh and one of the main purposes of this thread is to try and get some of the Xbox DS community back together.

Years ago, during the MW1 beta days this forum used to be full of great people but then the console wars started, lots of threads going out of control, so a lot of people left.

I'm just worried that is where this forum is going again for the few Xbox owners here and just wanting to get some Xbox love going again
Old 13-08-2013, 13:28
He4rt
Forum Member

I think we've needed this thread.We are a minority on here. We had a good community on here a point didn't we?Feed the Reaper,Minnimo ,Heavy Voodo, Kristbait, Woodsmonk,Brass Dragon,roguebrogue1, tombigbee,JediScho, HolySinner as well as many others. We had some good times during the early xbox 360 days.

One of the things i'm most looking forward to is the Joypad .It looks amazing, can't wait to get my hands on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4SYaTLCWL0

I'm hoping that they take XBLA games to another level next gen. Some of my greatest gaming has been on the likes of Trials HD, Full House Poker, Sine Mora, Castlevania:SOTN and Minecraft. It will be very interesting to see if i can play a quick game of Uno or blast a level on Trials HD while i'm waiting in a lobby on Forza 5.
He4rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 13:47
He4rt
Forum Member

Talking of the Mw1 beta. It would be brilliant if TitanFall has a Beta early next year. Could be fun.
Old 13-08-2013, 14:20
Red Arrow
Forum Member

We had a good community on here a point didn't we?Feed the Reaper,Minnimo ,Heavy Voodo, Kristbait, Woodsmonk,Brass Dragon,roguebrogue1, tombigbee,JediScho, HolySinner as well as many others. We had some good times during the early xbox 360 days.
Those were the days. Shame the Sony brigade chased most of them away from here

Just noticed I said Forza 4 in my opening post, I of couse mean Forza 5.

Yeah the new joypad does look very sleek. Do we know if it takes AA batteries again or will it be like the PS3 controller with it's own built in?
Old 13-08-2013, 14:47
thomas2400
Forum Member

Positives, They have listened to the people who buy the product and fixed it

Ryse looks fantastic and i want it *drools*, as long as they fix these QTEs

Crimson Dragon looks amazing, flying around on dragons using a controller or optional Kinect should be fun

Titanfall being exclusive is a big coup for MS, i want it and can only get it from them
thomas2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 14:47
fastest finger
Forum Member

Do we know if it takes AA batteries again or will it be like the PS3 controller with it's own built in?
AA batteries again.

A "Play & Charge Kit" will cost an extra 20

(Or an extra 15 if bought with a controller)
fastest finger is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 14:53
Red Arrow
Forum Member

AA batteries again.

A "Play & Charge Kit" will cost an extra 20

(Or an extra 15 if bought with a controller)
Good thing I keep stocking up on AA batteries in Ikea each time I go then
Old 13-08-2013, 15:17
Hotbird
Forum Member

Those were the days. Shame the Sony brigade chased most of them away from here
Guess they just needed a thinker skin. I remember what it was like here when I first got my PS3 (Pretty much like it is now for Xbox fans). Some posters left, other like myself just rode out the storm.

I seem to remember Feed the Reaper been a bit of a shit stirrer.
Hotbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 15:19
Red Arrow
Forum Member

Guess they just needed a thinker skin. I remember what it was like here when I first got my PS3 (Pretty much like it is now for Xbox fans). Some posters left, other like myself just rode out the storm.

I seem to remember Feed the Reaper been a bit of a shit stirrer.
That name is a blast from the past!
Old 13-08-2013, 16:00
He4rt
Forum Member

Ryse looks fantastic and i want it *drools*, as long as they fix these QTEs
The E3 stage demo looked brilliant, but the amount of QTE put a lot of people off. Its such a shame.

This video of one of the developers playing the game looks a lot more promising.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/3...h-combat--cam-

Its certainly one of the launch games I'm keeping my eye on.
Old 13-08-2013, 16:21
Danger Close
Forum Member

Didn't I read/hear/imagine somewhere that Ryse' QTE's can be toned down/removed by the player?

The QTE fest I saw at E3 was a shame because the game does look good. But if I haven't imagined the above I may put in a pre-order.
Danger Close is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 16:21
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

The QTE's in Ryse can be fully disabled. The demo was a bit too heavy on them but they are only used as reaction-based finishers.

Good idea for a thread, it won't hurt. I would happily welcome both positive and negative comments in one thread but I believe things have become more than a little unbalanced as of late and it always ends on a sour note.
2Dshmuplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 19:13
Andy2
Forum Member

I'm looking forward to the One. Even though I don't like motion-sensing games and will use the Kinect only when strictly necessary (if ever) I will put up with its presence. I don't play online at all, but my 360 is connected online whenever the console is on anyway, so that doesn't bother me.
I don't get involved with secondhand games either. So it's all good for me, even if it is a bit expensive.
The quality of the graphics looks astonishing and quite frankly I can't see there being any visible difference between the One and the Sony.
Andy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 19:29
Octopus_Prime
Forum Member

I am soooooo looking forward to this machine , got it ordered with Dead Rising 3 and Watch_Dogs, although unsure whether or not the latter is being released on Day One.
Octopus_Prime is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 19:31
Flawed-Tactics
Forum Member

I put my pre-order in with GAME on Tuesday along with DR3 and Forza 5.

News that Kinect is no longer a requirement is the cherry on the top, although I 'probably' will have it connected anyway.

If I change my mind again (Xbox One to PS4) then I won't be getting a day one console, time is running out for chopping and changing! lol

Think my heart is set on the Xbox One now, its got the games I'm most interested in at this time.

PS4 will get its turn when Uncharted 4 hits.
Flawed-Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 20:53
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

I put my pre-order in with GAME on Tuesday along with DR3 and Forza 5.

News that Kinect is no longer a requirement is the cherry on the top, although I 'probably' will have it connected anyway.

If I change my mind again (Xbox One to PS4) then I won't be getting a day one console, time is running out for chopping and changing! lol

Think my heart is set on the Xbox One now, its got the games I'm most interested in at this time.

PS4 will get its turn when Uncharted 4 hits.

Yep, and that's why I don't like buying two consoles at once, tbh I couldn't afford it and I think it's greedy but that's only my opinion. Every generation I've found it best to get one at a time and that way if you do get bored with the machine or the later exclusives that come out aren't to your fancy then you have another console to buy later on in the generation with a whole new catalogue of games.

No doubt I'll be picking up a PS4 in around 2015. It gives you something else to look forward to.
Old 13-08-2013, 21:47
redhatmatt
Inactive Member

If Devs get access to the connected media functions via an API it could revolutionize the immersive ness of gaming. Imagine a game that uses the Kinect's voice recognition function combined with skype to actually ring your mobile phone to give missions. Or you turn on the TV in Grand Theft Auto and BBC One is on. The gaming DVR feature could be used to create fictional news reports of your exploits. Or your playing a horror themed game talking to your friend via video chat on kinect, You look away from the screen briefly and out of the corner of your eye, you notice the monster standing behind you on the video chat display. and because kinect can detect where your looking, as soon as you look back it disappears. The same horror game could then use the IR blaster to activate your Hi-Fi , eject a DVD or just do other things to mess with your mind during more poltiegiesty bits.
redhatmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 22:05
Octopus_Prime
Forum Member

If Devs get access to the connected media functions via an API it could revolutionize the immersive ness of gaming. Imagine a game that uses the Kinect's voice recognition function combined with skype to actually ring your mobile phone to give missions. Or you turn on the TV in Grand Theft Auto and BBC One is on. The gaming DVR feature could be used to create fictional news reports of your exploits. Or your playing a horror themed game talking to your friend via video chat on kinect, You look away from the screen briefly and out of the corner of your eye, you notice the monster standing behind you on the video chat display. and because kinect can detect where your looking, as soon as you look back it disappears. The same horror game could then use the IR blaster to activate your Hi-Fi , eject a DVD or just do other things to mess with your mind during more poltiegiesty bits.
That would be awesome, the last part about horror games especially.
Octopus_Prime is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 22:57
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

It's human imagination that drives all technology and it's this forward style of thinking that will make Kinect and other next-gen features what they are in the future.

I like it!

I'd love for the heartbeat sensor to be used in horror games like the upcoming The Evil Within or a game like Condemned, things like the insanity effects in Eternal Darkness could be put to even better use with Kinect.
Old 14-08-2013, 00:07
Ash_735
Forum Member

The controller does look pretty awesome, a shame Microsoft are refusing to release the PC drivers until "a later date after release", would have picked one up asap, just hope they don't do something daft and hold them as a Windows 8 exclusive, hackers will create a work around in that case.
Ash_735 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 02:04
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

Well worth a watch.

Xbox One exclusives trailer

IMO one of the best line ups of any console.
Old 14-08-2013, 02:13
gother
Forum Member

I'll be getting a Xboxone although not on launch it'll prob be around about 2015 i'm interested in titanfall and kudos to microsoft too for listening to it's customers.
gother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 08:15
He4rt
Forum Member

It appears that they have put in extra measures to prevent a RROD style malfunction.

The Xbox One Can Tell When It's Overheating, and Adjusts to Fix It
Old 14-08-2013, 12:05
Minnimo
Forum Member

There are still a few of us around here

However, the gaming section fairly became crammed with nothing but complaints which actually became quite tiresome to read over and over again.

Kudos Arrow! It was you that started the original COD4 beta community and I hope this one will grow in the same way

I'm getting it also so like in the beginning I will be depending on all of your good reviews within this one thread. One stop shop and all that
Minnimo is offline   Reply With Quote