Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Three In A Bed : re-run of Series 1

Old 14-08-2013, 10:24
fiveinabed
Forum Member

Is anyone else watching the re-runs of Three In A Bed? It seems to be the first series, with Steven Mangan on voice-over, and when there was no actual feedback form to fill in, and the money was paid (and debated) on the day. There wasn't even the plaque to hang on the wall as a prize back then.

It seems so tame and civilized compared to the later series! Interesting how it evolved to the bitchfest it later became.
fiveinabed is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 14-08-2013, 10:40
gboy

Friends of mine took part in the first series (Jenny and Richard from Jeake's House, Rye). They enjoyed the experience, but yes - the first series was so tame compared with what followed. However, TV execs want drama, and people being nice to each other just doesn't pack in the viewers.
gboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 10:52
TrishaS
Forum Member

I'm enjoying it, I can remember some ( yesterdays for instance ) but like that it isn't going over and over scenes, in the later ones half the programme seems to be taken up with what happens after the break and then what happened before the break
TrishaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 11:08
fiveinabed
Forum Member

I'm enjoying it, I can remember some ( yesterdays for instance ) but like that it isn't going over and over scenes, in the later ones half the programme seems to be taken up with what happens after the break and then what happened before the break
Yes, that is annoying and unnecessary. It happens on the Hotel Inspector too.
fiveinabed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 18:32
teabag444
Forum Member

I'm really enjoying these programmes as I missed them the first time around. I start to salivate when I see the full English breakfasts.
teabag444 is offline   Reply With Quote