Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Jessie J Reveals second album name...

Old 17-08-2013, 20:37
hilduffluva
Forum Member

Well she didnt reveal it it was on a poster to promote the album posted over on ATRL:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...65159083_n.jpg

So seems like it will be called 'Alive' and will be out September 23rd
hilduffluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 17-08-2013, 20:45
FMKK
Forum Member

She forgot to close the quotation marks on the song titles. Very sloppy.
FMKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 20:48
d56
Forum Member

FINALLY she has announced it. I will probs listen to the previews before I actually think about buying it. Been very disappointed by the new material I've heard so far.
d56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 20:51
hilduffluva
Forum Member

She forgot to close the quotation marks on the song titles. Very sloppy.
tut tut...someone's gunna get FIRED!!!!

FINALLY she has announced it. I will probs listen to the previews before I actually think about buying it. Been very disappointed by the new material I've heard so far.
lol yeah i am both looking forward to this album and VERY VERY hesitant at the same time...
hilduffluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 21:06
NunyaBinness
Forum Member

She announced it at v fest today too. The hints she gave were purposeful red herrings because she didn't want it to leak even though it did a few days early thanks to the fan on Twitter who tweeted that picture a few days ago.
NunyaBinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 23:45
dancing.queen
Forum Member

I bet she was originally going to call it 'Love' but changed it because everyone guessed it straight away.
dancing.queen is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 00:16
Robertfitz
Forum Member

I'm so nervous. I know 'Who You Are' gets a lot of stick by not only critics but also by a lot of users on here, it actually is one of my favourite albums of all time.

I just love Jessie. Have done since 08 and I'm really conscious that since Domino her music hasn't been the same Jessie J I fell in love with.

Wild
Its My Party
Excuse My Rude
Sexy Lady (30 seconds)
Hero
Magnetic

I don't love any of these songs. Don't get me wrong, I like them, I just don't love them.Jessie's USP is her voice. I know some people say she 'screeches' or whatever, but to me, she has one of the best voices in the industry right now. At the moment she's not using it. I can't wait to hear a big ballad from the album.

Ill buy Alive (don't even get me started on the album title) regardless and ill like it regardless. I just want the rest of the world to as well.
Robertfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 00:22
John_Lochery
Forum Member

I like Jessie J but I don't feel the urge to buy it like I do about Britneys upcoming album, im just gunna wait til xmas and put it on my xmas list
John_Lochery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 00:24
John_Lochery
Forum Member

ps didn't she say in a radio interview that the album title had the letter 'O' in it????
John_Lochery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 01:35
Forum Member

Listening to Excuse My Rude, Magnetic and Hero on youtube and they are all really good songs. This album may be a suprise buy!
1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 02:06
NunyaBinness
Forum Member

Magnetic and Hero aren't for her album unfortunately.
NunyaBinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 02:12
gpk
Forum Member

I'm so nervous. I know 'Who You Are' gets a lot of stick by not only critics but also by a lot of users on here, it actually is one of my favourite albums of all time.

I just love Jessie. Have done since 08 and I'm really conscious that since Domino her music hasn't been the same Jessie J I fell in love with.

Wild
Its My Party
Excuse My Rude
Sexy Lady (30 seconds)
Hero
Magnetic

I don't love any of these songs. Don't get me wrong, I like them, I just don't love them.Jessie's USP is her voice. I know some people say she 'screeches' or whatever, but to me, she has one of the best voices in the industry right now. At the moment she's not using it. I can't wait to hear a big ballad from the album.

Ill buy Alive (don't even get me started on the album title) regardless and ill like it regardless. I just want the rest of the world to as well.
the critics were harsh, but katy perry's "teenage dream" received the same treatment and that too defied the critics in terms of success. she does get a lot of stick on the music forums though, but part of that is sometimes deserved with her underwhelming material and her over singing on some songs. i like her voice though, but she does need to reign it in a bit.

i feel the same way about her new material too. so far there hasn't been a "price tag" or "who you are" great and instead she seems to have settled for the more "domino" good type of tracks, which might have wider appeal. i do respect her passion for music though more generally and her drive to continue against a lot of negativity she has to put up with.
gpk is offline   Reply With Quote