Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Dead Rising 2 now free this month for Gold members

Old 18-08-2013, 10:24
Red Arrow
Forum Member

For those that aren't aware, the latest game MS are giving away for free is Dead Rising 2 if you have Gold.

I've never played this one so it's a nice treat. Plus you get to keep it forever, even if you go back down to Silver for those that don't know.
Red Arrow is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 18-08-2013, 11:12
gds1972
Forum Member

Also Dead Rising case zero
gds1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 11:14
Red Arrow
Forum Member

Oh yeah, better add that to my download queue!
Red Arrow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 11:50
Wash
Forum Member

Is it a good single-player game? And is Case West worth 3.59?
Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 21:04
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

If you like Dead Rising it's a good game. It's mostly geared around single player. The original is probably better overall but so long as you're not put off by the time limits then it's enjoyable.

I own Case: West but not played much of it, I always wanted to finish DR2 before playing it but it seems ok, it brought back a few elements from the first game and for 3.59 you get quite a lot of gameplay.
2Dshmuplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 10:07
deans6571
Forum Member

Started playing this last night and first impressions are that it is EXACTLY a carbon copy of Dead Rising 1...!!!

The ONLY difference which I can see so far is that you play 'Chuck' instead of Frank West.

Everything else is the same - yet another mall to go around to kill zombies ( been there, done that), the naff saving system has yet again returned (whereby you have to physically go to ceratin locations to save which loads of people hated about the original - why bring it back???) and again, the same old timed 'Cases' that only happen at specific times in the game?!?! Plus the fact that you have to return to your daughter every 24 hours to give her zombrex kinda limits what you can do in between.........

I really don't know if I can be truly bothered to play it all again - its that similar...!!

Even where you start off - locked inside the arena and the only way to the outside world is through an air duct - PLEEEASE - that's a blatant carbon copy of Dead Rising 1 where again, the only way to the outside world form within the Mall (the safe area) was through an air duct..?!?!?!

Sorry - but not really impressed - glad I got it for free through the 'Games For Gold 'promotion............
deans6571 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote