Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Disney Infinity

Old 19-08-2013, 23:38
Royce
Forum Member

Forgot this was out so soon. Anyone else picking it up for their kids?

The cheapest price seems to be 52 quid (which I just saw here on vanillaplay). Vanillaplay also has a handy write up of what you`ll need. Surprise, surprise it can get expensive! Co-op will require additional character packs and the characters must be from the same series as at least one of the characters you already have. Other than that it looks fun and my kids loved the Toy box mode in the Toy Story game and this really seems to build on that.

Not mentioned in the above article though is that the Wii version apparently doesn`t have co-op.
Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-08-2013, 07:41
gillyallan
Forum Member

Im going to do my upmost to get kids to not see the ad. It will get ridiculously expensive
gillyallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 23:50
Royce
Forum Member

It`s been getting good reviews. I bought cars 2 and they just went back to Toy Story's Toy Box mode after an hour. I need to see them play something else! The costs mount up but that didn`t stop people buying Skylanders. I also think the kid in me thinks its cool that toys can now be transferred into a game (the kid in me obviously isn`t cynical!)
Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 11:14
lloydstenton
Forum Member

Having major problems with this.

Installed the 1.03 patch and registered the boys account with Disney. However:

1. I can't verify the account as I keep getting a Forbidden 403 error on Disney's website

2. It just hangs on the loading screen if he plays signed into the PSN

Anybody else having these problems ? I've emailed Disney's tech support but don't expect a quick response ....
lloydstenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 11:23
thomas2400
Forum Member

It`s been getting good reviews. I bought cars 2 and they just went back to Toy Story's Toy Box mode after an hour. I need to see them play something else! The costs mount up but that didn`t stop people buying Skylanders. I also think the kid in me thinks its cool that toys can now be transferred into a game (the kid in me obviously isn`t cynical!)
Honestly its not just the kid in me but also the adult, if Disney brought out classic Disney film playsets like Aladdin, Jungle Book, Toy Story and beauty and the beast then i'd be buying this game and more than a few figures
thomas2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 12:38
mred2000
Forum Member

It`s been getting good reviews
The only reviews I've seen for it have been average at best. The figures are good, though.
mred2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 14:19
gamercraig
Inactive Member

Can someone explain to me how the game works, is it usable with just the figures in the starter pack?
gamercraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 14:34
mred2000
Forum Member

Can someone explain to me how the game works, is it usable with just the figures in the starter pack?
Yes, but better if you buy more. That's how they make their money. Check out a review:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...nfinity-review
mred2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 19:54
kyllerbuzcut
Forum Member

On Amazon, it's 47 at the moment ( see here )

depends on which console of course- Xbox is a bit more.
I think I'll still wait and hope it comes down a bit.
kyllerbuzcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 21:38
grilli
Forum Member

it was cheaper on toysrus with a 5 off voucher which was/is freely available
grilli is offline   Reply With Quote