Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Alibi to air King & Maxwell

Old 22-08-2013, 09:09
rickywal
Forum Member

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/08/alib...-king-maxwell/
rickywal is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-08-2013, 09:55
chandlerp
Forum Member

It is very very lightweight
chandlerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2013, 12:06
Petingo
Forum Member

Great news.....I love those characters in the Baldacci novels.
Petingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2013, 12:15
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

Haven't heard of this but the premise sounds good so i'll certainly give it a try.

It is very very lightweight
Not always a bad thing as it means it'll likely have some longevity ..
JasonWatkins is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2013, 06:07
malcy30
Forum Member

Great news.....I love those characters in the Baldacci novels.
Also read the books, as he has been writing the series off and on with his other ones for a good few years now.

One word of warning is the series future is up in the air as only one season so far and no sign of a renewal yet even though TNT have announced what's happening to their other shows, with renewals already announced for Major Crimes, Rizzoli & Isles etc.

Hopefully strong overseas sales like to UK may help the economics and encourage a renewal.
malcy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2013, 07:09
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

One word of warning is the series future is up in the air as only one season so far and no sign of a renewal yet even though TNT have announced what's happening to their other shows, with renewals already announced for Major Crimes, Rizzoli & Isles etc.
Hhmm .. that doesn't sound good. It'll be even worse for Alibi if the cancellation notice comes down before they start airing it.

If that doesn't happen, I'll probably series link it and let it stack up until the decision is made.
Old 23-08-2013, 17:23
malcy30
Forum Member

Hhmm .. that doesn't sound good. It'll be even worse for Alibi if the cancellation notice comes down before they start airing it.

If that doesn't happen, I'll probably series link it and let it stack up until the decision is made.
They have said not been screened on Alibi until 2014, so any decision should be known by then.

Alibi currently have a lot of new shows on like Rizzoli & Isles, Major Crimes and Republic of Doyle (starts next month). They could wait until February or March so run with new Castle.
Old 22-09-2013, 09:19
malcy30
Forum Member

No surprise has been cancelled after one reason in US as rating much lower than Rizzoli & Isles and Major Crimes. So now no need to watch. I presume Alibi will still broadcast at some point but they must be kicking themselves they held it back so long as still not on their forthcoming schedule.
Old 22-09-2013, 09:39
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

No surprise has been cancelled after one reason in US as rating much lower than Rizzoli & Isles and Major Crimes. So now no need to watch. I presume Alibi will still broadcast at some point but they must be kicking themselves they held it back so long as still not on their forthcoming schedule.
I suppose you could argue they were doing the same as many in this thread and waiting to see if it survived. Ah well, I won't bother with it if it's binned. Seemed like a good idea as well.
Old 22-09-2013, 19:37
xander63
Forum Member

Unfortunately this has just been cancelled by TNT.

http://tvline.com/2013/09/20/king-an...cancelled-tnt/

Already watched this over the summer, was ok to pass 40 mins.

Put it in the same category as Perception, lightweight fun dramas.
xander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 19:42
chandlerp
Forum Member

Not exactly the longest thread in the world to have noticed the last couple of posts were about it being cancelled.
chandlerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 19:44
malcy30
Forum Member

Not exactly the longest thread in the world to have noticed the last couple of posts were about it being cancelled.
Won't take it personally they were unable to read my posts which as you say we were already discussing this
Old 22-09-2013, 21:57
zwixxx
Forum Member

Wasn't a fan of the first couple of eps but then 'things' kicked in and it was worth sticking with it until the end.
zwixxx is offline   Reply With Quote