Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Location question

Old 31-08-2013, 07:46
brotonsbaby
Forum Member

First post and thread, be kind.

I visited Peak Cavern in Castleton, Derbyshire yesterday. The guide said it was used in the filming of Dr Who, a claim repeated on their website. However, nowhere canI find reference to the actual story shot there. The locations guide I use doesn't mention it. Can any knowledgeable fan help? The guide mentioned Daleks, but this may have been so much flimflam.

Thank you in advance.
brotonsbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 31-08-2013, 08:12
Hestia
Forum Member

I'm doing this from memory, rather than looking it up so might be wrong. Looking at the pics it looks like the location for Revenge of the Cybermen (Tom Baker).
Hestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 08:16
brotonsbaby
Forum Member

You may be correct.

However, I thought, and the online location guide confirms, that this was shot at Wookey Hole in Somerset.

Thank you for your interest, though, and for trying.
Old 31-08-2013, 19:52
brotonsbaby
Forum Member

I had considered The Mutants, but I understand that was filmed in Chislehurst Caves.

Any other ideas anyone? Or, even better, anyone with definite knowledge?
Old 31-08-2013, 19:56
Abomination
Forum Member

I had considered The Mutants, but I understand that was filmed in Chislehurst Caves.
Not sure about the answer to the original question (apologies), but yes to this...I did work experience at the caves not too long ago and found out about Doctor Who having filmed there, which was a pleasant surprise
Abomination is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 16:32
deppiedoo
Forum Member

Why not go through the list of serials and eliminate the ones which didn't feature caves? Then, check out the remainder.
deppiedoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:27
soapfan_1973
Forum Member

http://www.doctorwholocations.net doesn't mention it at all and they are usually accurate on every location.
soapfan_1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:33
brotonsbaby
Forum Member

Yes, it's odd isn't it? That was the locations guide I was originally using. I can't believe that the place would be mistaken about something like this, but I find it odd that no-one knows what was filmed there.

Thanks for your contribution.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:39
soapfan_1973
Forum Member

Very because the people who run that site really do their research and actually revisit locations to show what they look like now as well as try and find places using clues in the broadcasts
soapfan_1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:12
ArthurJBear
Forum Member

First post and thread, be kind.

I visited Peak Cavern in Castleton, Derbyshire yesterday. The guide said it was used in the filming of Dr Who, a claim repeated on their website. However, nowhere canI find reference to the actual story shot there. The locations guide I use doesn't mention it. Can any knowledgeable fan help? The guide mentioned Daleks, but this may have been so much flimflam.

Thank you in advance.
Maybe he (and the site) is referencing the 'Stump Hole Cavern' sketch in League of Gentleman
ArthurJBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 21:06
brotonsbaby
Forum Member

I emailed the cavern to inquire. They have returned a very nice email saying that it was a Children in Need special filmed there that featured the Daleks, but no famous Dr.
I dont recall this feature but it solves the problem of why I could find no mention in the locations guide.
Old 12-09-2013, 21:10
silentNate
Forum Member

Not sure about the answer to the original question (apologies), but yes to this...I did work experience at the caves not too long ago and found out about Doctor Who having filmed there, which was a pleasant surprise
Love the Chislehurst Caves

Well worth visiting
silentNate is offline   Reply With Quote