Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

OMG! What has Holly Willboughby done now

Old 07-09-2013, 09:55
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

I have a theory about this - I'll probable get shot for saying it - but I think the people that don't like her are women. The short fat brunette types who are jealous of her.

Nah, it's a Showbiz forum mainstay - any attractive female celebrity who's in the public eye is disliked. Often for being "everywhere" or just because they're the subject of prolonged media interest.
JasonWatkins is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-09-2013, 15:12
RussJ
Forum Member

What's wrong with brunettes
There is nothing wrong with brunettes. It is just that almost all the ones I know seem to love passing the time having a dig at other women.

They are also very good at multitasking. They could be having a conversation with you while at the same time listening to another conversation on the other side of the room.

RussJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 15:32
tobi
Forum Member

There is nothing wrong with brunettes. It is just that almost all the ones I know seem to love passing the time having a dig at other women.

They are also very good at multitasking. They could be having a conversation with you while at the same time listening to another conversation on the other side of the room.

Ah well. Maybe you should stay away from brunettes like Kiera Knightley , Catherine Zeta Jones and Kate and Pippa because I am sure they are jealous of Holly Willoughby. Lol
tobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 20:26
robertaloud30
Forum Member

so this thread is talking about this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NADB6Y1rz8

hardly the biggest thing to happen
robertaloud30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:56
elnombre
Forum Member

Why is it that men always seem to assume that if we don't like another woman then we are jealous
Because a) Holly Willoughby is pretty, innocuous and entirely inoffensive and b) we've met women.

You almost all gossip behind each others backs, most of your magazines revolve around tearing each others appearances apart (unlike men's magazines, which albeit in a ham-fisted way, would rather admire women), and your entire fashion industry revolves around buying things that make you feel superior to your supposed friends.

When men act like that you might have a point.
elnombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 13:46
Quinnx3
Forum Member

Yep I can do that. Very handy skill to have.
Quinnx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 14:08
NorthernNinny
Forum Member

Whenever i've seen her on telly, that phrase "it's not what you know but who you know " springs to mind.

Just like that best mate of hers.
NorthernNinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 14:54
The Prumeister
Forum Member

Because a) Holly Willoughby is pretty, innocuous and entirely inoffensive and b) we've met women.

You almost all gossip behind each others backs, most of your magazines revolve around tearing each others appearances apart (unlike men's magazines, which albeit in a ham-fisted way, would rather admire women), and your entire fashion industry revolves around buying things that make you feel superior to your supposed friends.

When men act like that you might have a point.

Just to debunk some of your myths:
The fashion industry is run predominantly by gay men and the majority of men's mags are simply w*nk fodder. I, and every woman I know, buy clothes on the basis of their fit and cost and if they look nice; diddly squat to do with superiority.

I know men that are worse gossips than any woman.

I do concede that the majority of women's mags are tosh, designed to make us all feel inadequate.

Lastly, most women are sentient beings capable of making informed decisions about fellow women based on more than jealousy. I don't actually mind Holly Willoughby but people are perfectly entitled to dislike her if they so wish.
The Prumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 15:01
elnombre
Forum Member

I don't actually mind Holly Willoughby but people are perfectly entitled to dislike her if they so wish.
I never said otherwise, merely questioned why she's such a constant target.
elnombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 15:02
The Prumeister
Forum Member

I never said otherwise, merely questioned why she's such a constant target.

Fair enough - but you did target most women with the same brush with a series of stereotypes.
Old 09-09-2013, 15:05
BrooklynBoy
Forum Member

Fair enough - but you did target most women with the same brush with a series of stereotypes.
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...0&postcount=17

In case you missed it.
BrooklynBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 15:06
The Prumeister
Forum Member

I saw that post but didn't think it merited a response. (Russ J's I mean).
Old 15-09-2013, 21:34
jioscar
Forum Member

Not me unfortunately
jioscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 22:47
strewth
Forum Member

I have a theory about this - I'll probable get shot for saying it - but I think the people that don't like her are women. The short fat brunette types who are jealous of her.

Looking at her roots, I'll think you find that Holly is a brunette!
strewth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 22:58
FusionFury
Forum Member

She lives on her sex appeal.
FusionFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 10:07
scone
Forum Member

You should remove the word brunettes and replace it with ugly then you may get shot
scone is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 10:09
Baz O
Inactive Member

I quite like Holly but I don't like it when she puts on the pretendy serious face on This Morning ... it looks false to me.
Baz O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 10:12
daisiesfan
Forum Member

The UGLY, fat, brunette ones
daisiesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 10:17
Baz O
Inactive Member

I have wondered why she dyes her blonde if she is a brunette. I am a natural brunette and would never have changed it. Unfortunately as we age our hair becomes grey so I am now blonde.
Old 16-09-2013, 10:21
Sunny B
Forum Member

Emma Willis presenting "This Morning" today, maybe Holly has morning sickness
Sunny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 10:23
daveycrocket222
Forum Member

What really gets me is she gives all this oh I have to wear low cut tops because its the way my hips are shaped.

No it isnt your hips arent anywhere near your tits love. You just want people to eyeball your breasts.
daveycrocket222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 10:42
scone
Forum Member

The UGLY, fat, brunette ones
I think its just the ugly ones and the ugly blokes too stuck with the wife/girlfriend who never makes an effort to look glamorous.

The men feel angered by her as she causes them to get aroused and then they see what they have so they lash out yet given a chance to get off with her they would swim through shit
scone is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 10:45
TrishaS
Forum Member

Just to debunk some of your myths:
The fashion industry is run predominantly by gay men and the majority of men's mags are simply w*nk fodder. I, and every woman I know, buy clothes on the basis of their fit and cost and if they look nice; diddly squat to do with superiority.

I know men that are worse gossips than any woman.

I do concede that the majority of women's mags are tosh, designed to make us all feel inadequate.

Lastly, most women are sentient beings capable of making informed decisions about fellow women based on more than jealousy. I don't actually mind Holly Willoughby but people are perfectly entitled to dislike her if they so wish.

Brilliant post
TrishaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 11:32
Baz O
Inactive Member

What really gets me is she gives all this oh I have to wear low cut tops because its the way my hips are shaped.

No it isnt your hips arent anywhere near your tits love. You just want people to eyeball your breasts.
Lots of women wear low cut tops because they are actually proud of their breasts and not because they want people to "eyeball" them. You might as well say the same about men who wear speedos
Old 16-09-2013, 13:39
FusionFury
Forum Member

She does love the attention they get.. what woman wouldn't?
FusionFury is offline   Reply With Quote