Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Returning my Galaxy Tab.

Old 04-09-2013, 22:03
GoodBuddy
Forum Member

Hi bought a Galaxy Tab 10.1 from Currys a few weeks ago and love it.

My only niggle is that sometimes when I switch it back on from a shut down it comes up with an error saying the SD card has an error on. Simply removing it and reinserting it cures it until the next time. I have tested a few micro SD cards but it happens to all of them.

Does anyone else have this issue or should I take it back?
Would Currys just to a swap or would it need to go away for a weeks to be looked at?
Thanks in advance.
GoodBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-09-2013, 22:15
Playamonte
Forum Member

My only niggle is that sometimes when I switch it back on from a shut down it comes up with an error saying the SD card has an error on. Simply removing it and reinserting it cures it until the next time. I have tested a few micro SD cards but it happens to all of them.

Would Currys just to a swap or would it need to go away for a weeks to be looked at?
Thanks in advance.
Do not know about tablets myself but do know that they are obliged in law to replace it.
They may well try to argue nicely that they will get their expert to correct it, but do not accept that & simply ask for a replacement.
Playamonte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 22:42
Mr. Cool
Forum Member

Thanks in advance.
Is it a Tab 2 10.1 or Tab 3 10.1?
Mr. Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:25
GoodBuddy
Forum Member

Is it a Tab 2 10.1 or Tab 3 10.1?
Sorry forgot to mention its a Tab 2 10.1
Old 05-09-2013, 08:37
Ultraman1966
Forum Member

Just out of interest, how much did you pay for it?
Ultraman1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:29
Tassium
Forum Member

I have no inside knowledge of this problem but if you haven't tried it yet then try formatting the SD card while it's within the Galaxy Tab.

If you have done this then you could try the opposite, format the SD card while in an external reader attached to a PC/Laptop.

Or likely your laptop has a SD card reader slot, format it in there (with a micro SD adapter of course)

Here's some complaints about Tab 2 7":
http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...d-message.html
Tassium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:51
paulj48
Forum Member

Do not know about tablets myself but do know that they are obliged in law to replace it.
Not true in the UK, once you have 'accepted' the item the retailer is in his legal right to have the item repaired.

The time limit to 'accept' an item is not specified in the SOGA but consider what an 'impartial' person in court would think reasonable for the item in question.
paulj48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 21:58
GoodBuddy
Forum Member

Just out of interest, how much did you pay for it?
It was £210

Thanks- it seems that I am not alone and is a known issue. My Galaxy Ace 2 sometimes has issues with the sd card as well.
Old 05-09-2013, 22:54
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

Thanks- it seems that I am not alone and is a known issue. My Galaxy Ace 2 sometimes has issues with the sd card as well.
Strange. I have that phone and I've never had any trouble with the SD card, but maybe that was because it was put in by the guy in Phones 4 U who set up the phone for me and the card was never near a computer. It was fresh out of the pack.
cnbcwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 17:54
Pucky
Forum Member

If it's under 28 days old then Currys should replace with a new one. If it's over that then they may return it to Samsung for repair under Samsung's warranty or advise you to return to Samsung.
Pucky is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 20:31
Playamonte
Forum Member

Not true in the UK, once you have 'accepted' the item the retailer is in his legal right to have the item repaired.

The time limit to 'accept' an item is not specified in the SOGA but consider what an 'impartial' person in court would think reasonable for the item in question.
Are you sure about that ?
Under SOGA and DSR you are entitled to receive fit-for-purpose as-described goods and, if what you receive aren't, to be reimbursed for costs in returning faulty goods for replacement or refund.

The above is my understanding of the regs & it would seem from what the OP posted that its not Fit-For-Purpose.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:06
SkipTracer
Forum Member

The SoG Act is under going some changes and one of the main ones is that the retailer has one chance to repair an item and if that item breakdown again before the guarantee expires regardless if itís the same fault or not the consumer is entitled to a full refund.

This puts the costumer at the advantage and the retailer will only be making things worst for themselves by fobbing customers off.

I donít know when these changes are coming but I first read about them at the beginning of the year so it must be soon if not already implemented.
SkipTracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 13:40
Mr. Cool
Forum Member

The SoG Act is under going some changes and one of the main ones is that the retailer has one chance to repair an item and if that item breakdown again before the guarantee expires regardless if itís the same fault or not the consumer is entitled to a full refund.

This puts the costumer at the advantage and the retailer will only be making things worst for themselves by fobbing customers off.

I donít know when these changes are coming but I first read about them at the beginning of the year so it must be soon if not already implemented.
Or if it's within 28 days of the purchase date the customer is entitled to a refund or replacement (it's the policy of most stores anyway). Also, if the product turns out to have some kind of defect within 6 months it's up to the retailer to prove it wasn't there at the time of sale, so the product must be repaired, replaced or the customer is refunded.

I had the same issue. I returned an Asus Transformer Pad TF300T to Argos due to LCD banding and creaking. It came back in a worse condition as the glass wasn't bonded and the device's casing was bent and 'popping' apart. It was also scratched. After that attempt at fixing it I exchanged it for a Note 10.1. Asus support is crap.
Mr. Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:35
GoodBuddy
Forum Member

There was a suggestion on here about un mounting your card each time the tablet shuts down. I have tried this and so far it works fine when booting up and no more card errors touch wood.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:09
Playamonte
Forum Member

There was a suggestion on here about un mounting your card each time the tablet shuts down. I have tried this and so far it works fine when booting up and no more card errors touch wood.
Just take the bloody thing back to the store.